Dm800 web interface Different, how do i stream to pc?

matsoe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
multytenne + dm800
My Location
netherlands
To dp300969. I have checked my version of the streamproxy: it is 1.0cvs20081116-r0. Do you have the same version ?

dp300969

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800PVR
My Location
Athens
Hi,

1. The streamproxy version is: 1.0cvs20080623-r0 so its not quite the same.
2. I'm trying now with IP 0.0.0.0 and port 80 as P3t3r_2 suggested. I no longer get the 502 bad gateway error but I get : access_http error: main error: cannot pre fill buffer. What is cannot pre fill buffer? I cannot find much info on the net. I'll play around a bit and see.

dp300969

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800PVR
My Location
Athens
1. A friend of mine with a 7025 can only stream when vlc version 0.8.6f is installed on the PC. You can find version 0.8.6f here: h**p://rapidshare.com/files/176952094/vlc-0.8.6f-win32.exe.html Install and maybe you solve your problem. I could not.

2. There is also another streaming solution called dboxmanager. Here is the link to get it h**p://rapidshare.com/files/176971680/Dboxmanagersuite.rar.html. With this you can stream and edit the streams to you PC. THis cannot recognise my dbox IP... help...

dp300969

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800PVR
My Location
Athens
Well Solved after 6 months. I just selected Preferences--> Reset All (Resets to Initial settings?) at the bottom and it played right away. So it was some setting in vlc. Sorry I got no other answers for you.

Heavymetallic

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800
My Location
Libya
P3t3r

Did you solve this issue and have been able to watch any channel on PC regardless of whatever channel is on the DM800?

I am still stuck with the case you explained below, I can only stream and watch on my PC channels that are part of the same package as the channel on the DM800 otherwise I get an error on the VLC. and when I try to change the channel on the DM800 (to anotherpackage) while streaming in on I get the error "no free tuner" on the DM800.

I surfed the web for solutions, I came across a a software called mfaraj dreambox viewer", it works with DM500 but not 800.
I appreciate any help in this matter.

Regards

P3t3r_2 said:
I Solved the problem, I was meant to get

You can watch All HBO station by just having one station on the dm800 matching the station name. goes for all the others (bbc, france, fox...). This could be the emu not refreshing the keys for other channels unless they are selected, I'm just guessing.

Raitsa

Reaction score
Website
www.huoltovalikko.com
My Satellite Setup
Sony Pearl + Stewart Firehawk 182cm, OpenElec + 3 * Intel NUC, Vu+ Solo2 & T90+8lnb, 28Tb Thecus N7510 NAS, Denon AVR 2310, AMX+ 3*Ipad, 3*KefQ1, 4*KefQ2DS, HSU VTF-3 MK3 turbo
My Location
Kirjala, Finland
I advice using Dreamstream to stream from Dreambox to PC, no hassle:

_http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dreamstream/index.php?subcat=3&ENGINEsessID=d2a4b34f3964e36c978dd45f2602b615

P3t3r_2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox with router and pc
My Location
Nigeria
Hello Heavymetallic,

Welcome to the forum.

Did you solve this issue and have been able to watch any channel on PC regardless of whatever channel is on the DM800?

I'm waiting to test a theory of mine but it involves in setting up a second dish to view any channel regardless of the package.

For those who don't know, I posted a well back on how to view as many channels and record at same time, but limited to channels depending on the service provider.

The steps are very simple:

1) Select the channel you want to stream,
2) Pass it through vlc or web interface.
3) Depending the provider you are currently streaming, only those channels can be opened as a second, third, forth and so on.

For example:
I'm watching/recording HBO on the dreambox and at the same time I want to watch Polsat, BBC and Discovery on my pc.

I zap to HBO on my dreambox and stream the other channels using the web interface or vlc.

The trick into knowing which
channels fall under the same provider is by opening the servicelist from the dreambox, each service will have a grayish color meaning its locked and cant be streamed, well the other services which have a white color means you can view, stream or record it at same time.

I will post on my findings if its posible to stream all services at same time for the 800.

Best regards

sinjin_smythe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 running BH v012, 2 x Sky Minidishes with DiSEqC switch pointing at Astra 28.2E and Hotbird 13E
My Location
Derry, Northern Ireland
I just got my DM800 on Thursday and I've been playing with it over the past few days and finding out what it can do.

I ran into the same streaming problem as described, in that you can only stream from the DM800 programs that are on the same service, if you want to watch something on a different service than that which is being viewed on your TV you have to physically change the channel on the TV.

I found that after a restart, the TV doesnt automatically tune to a TV channel (possibly selecting standby will do this too?), you have to select one on the remote before viewing starts. This leaves the streaming on the web interface free to view whatever channel you want as the DM800 isnt restricted to what you are viewing on the TV. I was then able to flick through all my channels fine on my laptop upstairs. Just be careful you only open one instance of VLC player at a time to view your channels and you shouldnt have any problems.

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
You can only view other channels from the same transponder with a 1 tuner box

dodo80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dec300
My Location
si
Hello P3t3r 2 , can you tel me (step by step) how you mounted usb stick for recording on DM800

springer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HDse
motorized 1.8m
My Location
Malta
Raitsa said:
I advice using Dreamstream to stream from Dreambox to PC, no hassle:

_http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dreamstream/index.php?subcat=3&ENGINEsessID=d2a4b34f3964e36c978dd45f2602b615

Thanks Raitsa. Worked first go for me.

gbsatti

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
windows XP

Dreambox 800HD
My Location
FRANCE
Hi everybody :)! I have a 2 tuner box (new vu+ duo) and i want to stream channels on my pc which are from differents providers that channels im watching on TV, how can i do ?

I have the Webinterface and VLC installed and I can already stream channels which are in the same provider that channels im watching on TV on my pc

thx in advance for your help :)

Rexenes

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7025, gemini project 2
My Location
Norge
gbsatti said:
Hi everybody :)! I have a 2 tuner box (new vu+ duo) and i want to stream channels on my pc which are from differents providers that channels im watching on TV, how can i do ?

I have the Webinterface and VLC installed and I can already stream channels which are in the same provider that channels im watching on TV on my pc

thx in advance for your help :)

do you have 2 separate cables from the satellite dish?
i had twin-head sharing one cable.. that didn´t work.
when i used 2 seperate cables from the twin head, i could see 2 different channels (both on tv and my mac).

gbsatti

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
windows XP

Dreambox 800HD
My Location
FRANCE
Thank you Rexenes for help, i solved the problem , i needed 2 separate cables as you say !

;)

abrhesus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm8000 Windows 7
My Location
Sweden
Hi
Finaly i found a tread that might solve my problem :-)
I have a Dreambox8000 with 2 tuners and two cables connected to two twin head LNBs on the dish.

I can strem using DreamboxManagerSuite, VLC and Windows Media Player but I can only stream to one PC at the time, I have 2 HTPCs and one laptop and it would be nice if I at least could stream and watch TV on the laptop at the same time as one of the HTPCs do it?

Thanks

Tribal Malik

Reaction score
i wanted to watch my dm800 hd on my pc. i start going through these threads which went above my head and couldnt understand what that is all about. last night tried to watch it and was successfull yeeeeppppiiii. i followed these steps. might work for you aswell.

Log In to Router by typing 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 in your web browser address bar
2, if you dont know your router's login and password, normally it is (username: admin password: admin)
3, will show you ip address for all the devices connected tou your router. copy ip address of your dreambox or write it down
4, open another web browser window and paste your box's ip address in address bar and enter
5, will show you your dream box layout including banqoute.
6, tune any channel on your tv
7, look for same channel in your web interface and click LIVE STREAM.
8, you are watching live tv now.
9, if it doesnt work then download VLC Player and try again. 100% it will work

(i tried to keep it simple for people like me who found rest of the thread very difficult to follow(respect))
any issue email**********

Moderation: EMail address removed for your protection and in accordance with Forum Rules

Please also note we require you to state an approximate location. Your IP resolves to UK.