Dm800 web interface Different, how do i stream to pc?

P3t3r_2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox with router and pc
My Location
Nigeria
Hello To everyone!

I setup my dreambox 800 with gemini2 3.6 using the guides (very helpful) and connected it to my network correctly, I can view the web interface with firefox and communicate with Dreambox.

The problem is when I try to stream I click on the right hand side screen icon and ask if i would like to save or open with vlc (0.8.6) the m3u. vlc opens and loads the m3u but does nothing.

Could it be the interface or do i need to setup a plugin on the dreambox?
I have seen the web interfaces of other dreambox's which look different to mine. The web interface version is 0.99 and I have the vlc plugin installed on my dreambox.

I also tried the tuxvision but gives me an error "unable to start preview! (PID-Trouble?,try again!)"

Thank you in advance for any help!

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Use my tutorial for the DM7025, both boxes are enigma 2 based and you'll find its applicable for the DM800.

P3t3r_2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nigeria
Hello B16MMC

Thanks for the reply and I have tried your tutorial with same results, but I installed the vlc you have as an attachment. And now when I try to stream it gives me an "Unable to open 'http://192.168.1.2:8001/1:0:1:2011:24B8:13E:820000:0:0:0:'

This is a first, before it just flashed at the bottom of the vlc bar and did nothing. I have noticed that the string contains a missing hex value...
'http://192.168.1.2:8001/1:0:1:2011:24B8:13E:820000:0:0:0:'
Could this be the problem and if so how can i find the hex string to put it manually?

Cheers

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
That stream information is valid. Here's an example of Greek Nova Sports 1 on my DM800. 'http://192.168.123.101:8001/1:0:1:13E:157C:13E:820000:0:0:0:'

That works fine and follows the normal format ending with a :
If you're running windows have you checked for firewall blocks at all ?
Is the web interface port set to 80 on your DM ?
Does the web interface function normally , other than streaming ?
Does the channel you are trying to stream clear ok on the TV ?
Have you got a factory settings in your router ? Check there's no special port blocks on the LAN.
Forget tux type software, none of it works with enigma 2 boxes. Its all very old.
You don't need anything installing on the DM, VLC plugin is for a different function.
Check these out and report back mate...

Regards
MCC

P3t3r_2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nigeria
I Solved the problem, I was meant to get back and post what I found (Got caught in work)

Thanks for the response B16MCC.

The problem was if you have the dm800 zapped to a channel say HBO and you want to stream onto the pc BBC Knowledge, vlc will give you an error unable to open...

So the channel on dreambox must be the same as the stream on web interface.

You can watch All HBO station by just having one station on the dm800 matching the station name. goes for all the others (bbc, france, fox...). This could be the emu not refreshing the keys for other channels unless they are selected, I'm just guessing.

This goes as well for recording (I don't have hard drive but I record to a mounted usb key no problems.)

Thanks again
P3t3r

dp300969

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800PVR
My Location
Athens
Hi MCC,

I have the exact same problem P3t3r 2 is describing, but I'm watching the same channel and still no luck. Vlc is raised and in vlc msgs I get a response:

access_mms error: error: HTTP/1.0 502 Bad Gateway

main error: no suitable access module for `http://192.168.1.90:8001/1:0:1:1D53:2F44:13E:820000:0:0:0:'

Upstream connect failed.

192.168.1.90 is the IP of DM800 .
I found out using a sniffer that DM800 is actually receiving the request but its trying to connect to a service (streaming service) that does not respond and thus the upstream connect fail msg.
I had actually got it to work in the begininng but after a while it just stopped (I played around with it for a while...)

Do you or anyone have any idea about it?

Thanks,

Dee

dp300969

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800PVR
My Location
Athens
Also regarding the questions you asked P3t3r 2:

If you're running windows have you checked for firewall blocks at all ? Got firewall
off
Is the web interface port set to 80 on your DM ? No its 8080, does it matter?
Does the web interface function normally , other than streaming ? Excellent. I installed Nabilo stellar web if. I'm running Nabilo img with gobx&mgcamd.
Does the channel you are trying to stream clear ok on the TV ? Yes
Have you got a factory settings in your router ? Check there's no special port blocks on the LAN. No blocks as far as I know.

P3t3r_2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nigeria
hello dp300969

your problem sounds like you have an application blocking the kind of traffic VLC needs to stream to Windows Media player, usually its parental controls or anti-spyware.

If this is not the case, you can stream without using media player...
follow B16MCC tutorial http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...aming-dm7025-internet-including-pictures.html upto step 7 and then click on ok button

The stream information should show in the bottom status bar of the main vlc panel. Depending on the channel and signal it should start showing and your dbox light should blink red as if you where recording. (try streaming a free channel first like ERTWorld)

Anybody else who has vlc seems to loop for long time, I suggest you follow the whole tutorial of B16MCC.

Remember to click on the service list channel first before copying the Stream Service or you end up with the errors that I was getting.

also for interest my setting are
My windows firewall is on
Dm web interface port is 80
worked with both Nabilo & Gemini img
my router has ports closed except if i'm streaming to Media player

Regards
P3t3r_2

Rexenes

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7025, gemini project 2
My Location
Norge
Hi

I have some problems with my streaming.
Before, I couldn´t stream at all. Now I have set up a twin-LNB and i can stream any channel i want through enigma webinterface.

BUT: after appx 1 min the streaming stops and I have to press play on my VLC to make it continiue. Maybe some kind of too small buffering?

i am running the vlc on my mac os-x

Thank you in advance..

Rexenes

P3t3r_2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nigeria
hello Rexenes

Check to see if the cat5/cat6 wire is not damaged which connects to your dm800. Its not the buffering but a delay in transferring the data.

This happens to me when i stream over wireless, some stations just stop playing and i have to boost the signal in order to keep receiving data. Try disabling any applications monitoring the network.

Also you can try connect it directly with the mac via cross cable and not to the router.

cheers

Rexenes

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7025, gemini project 2
My Location
Norge
P3t3r_2 said:
hello Rexenes

Check to see if the cat5/cat6 wire is not damaged which connects to your dm800. Its not the buffering but a delay in transferring the data.

This happens to me when i stream over wireless, some stations just stop playing and i have to boost the signal in order to keep receiving data. Try disabling any applications monitoring the network.

Also you can try connect it directly with the mac via cross cable and not to the router.

cheers

Thank you for the reply

I tried to connect through network-cable and it was streaming for several hours without problems. Then I tried to stream without cable again, and it suddenly worked fine (sometimes I need to restart the streaming, but not often). I think maybe the wlan-router was the problem.

pya

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 HD
My Location
Belgium
Streaming DM800 to my PC was not working till I reset the standard http port (80) instead of 8080 for the webinterface ! It should not have anything to do with that, but it has !

BTW, I don't like the enigma2 http interface. the enigma1 one was much better ! (even without live update, it was far more quicker !)

dp300969

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800PVR
My Location
Athens
Thanks Pya I will try again and see...

matsoe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
multytenne + dm800
My Location
netherlands
Hello,
I have the same streaming to PC problem. Tried gemini 3.8 and now newnigma 2.2.
Same problem.
In VLC debug window it says: "access_http access error: error: HTTP/1.0 502 Bad Gateway".
When i try http://<ip-dreambox>:8001 it says: "Upstream connect failed."

Can anybody help me plz?

P3t3r_2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nigeria
Hello

I had this problem when I updated to gemini 3.8 & nabilo, but found the problem.

Go to your Webinterface on dreambox (menu -> plugins).
In this menu you have the yellow button ->Interfaces -> by pressing it you have list of configured Interfaces.

Steps:
1) If there is nothing in the list then add by pressing the red button,
(check step 2 if there is something in list!)

You are giving choices to edit Interface (use these settings)

disabled___________no (To allow interface)
Adress____________0.0.0.0 (leave it zero and don't put a ip address!)
Port______________00080
use Authorization___no (don't put or vlc will nag user & pass each time)
use SSL Encryption__no

After this is set press green for ok & Exit on remote and press green for ok!
Close vlc & webinterface if open and re-open it. copy the stream service for the web interface paste in vlc network stream option Http/../MMS & ok
Should work!!!

2) If you already have a configured Interface in the list then press yellow
to change it!
Press blue button to delete it and use the above settings to configure it.

Cheers
Pete

matsoe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
multytenne + dm800
My Location
netherlands
I had these setting already. "Played around a bit" and got something working.
However, it still does not work correctly.
It is a bit more complicated.
It has something to do with starting the streamproxy the right way from the webinterface (i think).
I was about to write a sequence of actions that made it work.
Like:
- start webinterface. (it shows the channel that is cuurently selected and the service list).
- select the channel from the servicelist (although it is already selected, you must do this)
- click the tv icon on the top (not one from the servicelist, that will open Vlc, after downloading stream.m3u)
- clicking the tv icon opens a new window/tab "Enigma 2 Streaminterface (ALPHA)". It says: [no video].

- by now the streamproxy is still not activated (see processlist on your box)
- in the choose service box, choose the channel that is selected in the first step.
- this will start the streamproxy
- now the video will start. You van open the stream also, separately, in Vlc.

But repeating the steps above did not work again (although it did the first time).
I closed all connections to the box. But enden up with the red (power) light blinking and could not get it out.
At this time the streamproxy it not running, so something else (what process?) is the cause of the blinking button.

My guess is that the key problem has to do with stopping/starting the streamproxy.

Should i try other firmware ? Gemini 3.9 or the experimental-version?

P3t3r_2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nigeria
Could you tell us which vlc you are using?

If its the VLC 0.9 plugin, then this is causing your problem as it has a small bug which makes mozilla-plugin discard usage of access_http for http:// streams.

For the red (power) light blinking, I had this issue once with gemini2 3.6, Fixed by zapping to a different channel and back again.

matsoe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
multytenne + dm800
My Location
netherlands
im using 0.8.6.i. After a reboot of the system it seems to be working better.
Before the reboot I uninstalled the streamproxy and installed it again.
I am not sure if a did a reboot after reinstall.
Is there a way to inspect the stramproxy version ?

dp300969

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800PVR
My Location
Athens
P3t3r_2 said:
Hello

I had this problem when I updated to gemini 3.8 & nabilo, but found the problem.

Go to your Webinterface on dreambox (menu -> plugins).
In this menu you have the yellow button ->Interfaces -> by pressing it you have list of configured Interfaces.

Steps:
1) If there is nothing in the list then add by pressing the red button,
(check step 2 if there is something in list!)

You are giving choices to edit Interface (use these settings)

disabled___________no (To allow interface)
Adress____________0.0.0.0 (leave it zero and don't put a ip address!)
Port______________00080
use Authorization___no (don't put or vlc will nag user & pass each time)
use SSL Encryption__no

After this is set press green for ok & Exit on remote and press green for ok!
Close vlc & webinterface if open and re-open it. copy the stream service for the web interface paste in vlc network stream option Http/../MMS & ok
Should work!!!

2) If you already have a configured Interface in the list then press yellow
to change it!
Press blue button to delete it and use the above settings to configure it.

Cheers
Pete

Hi Pete,

If you set it to 0.0.0.0 how would you then loginto webif? or do you mean just to make it work and then turn it back to a valid address again?
Will try it though...
I've tried all images using a multiboot I made and still no luck. THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY ESPECIALLY SINCE IN THE BEGINNING IT WAS WORKING FINE. A latest tip from a friend has to do with using a specific versio of vlc the 086h. He's got the other enigma2 box (7250 or something?). Apparently streaming works only with that vlc version!!!. Will try that too asap.

P3t3r_2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nigeria
Hello matsoe

To inspect the stream proxy version, you need to locate the a control file

go to: /usr/lib/ipkg/info/
and edit the file enigma2-streamproxy.control
There you find information about the Architecture and Version.

To dp300969, you don't have to change the ip back again, just follow the steps and leave it leave 0.0.0.0, it still open the web interface and have control over dreambox.

Note: I using vlc 0.8.6.d (wxWidgets interface)