dm8000 unable format mount usbstick

skywave

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
One 100cm dish with 3 Universal Quattro 0.6db LNBs at 28.2E, 19.2E, 13.0E..

One 85cm dish with 1 Universal Quattro 0.6db LNB at 0.9W..

4 - 4x1 DiSEqC switches..

DM8000HD, DM7020S, HUMAX VACI-5300, OPENTEL ODS 4000F
My Location
Luxembourg City
just purchased a dm8000 - i am used to a dm7020 and able to manage that one ok - but this new box is puzzling me.
i am not able to format and mount a usb stick via flashwizard pro and also via dcc 2.96 it is not possible.
in dcc i get this output:

mount /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc /var/mnt/usb; echo "
>>> DONE <<<";
mount: mounting /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc on /var/mnt/usb failed: No such file or directory
>>> DONE <<<
root@dm8000:~#

any ideas?

it is a bare box - with no hard drive so far - only the internal flash and then i want to add gemini and dreamboxedit files to a stick..

4 hours later:
in the meantime i stumbled over a google link for the dm8000 - the ihad site - where i see that i have to flash a dream elite black hole image in order to use a kernel compatible with the enigma2 system...
i am now sitting here flashing via a serial cable - dum-da-dum - takes time - more than an hour counting in dreamup..
oh well - a bit of wow while i wait..
just hope a checksum error does not pop up right before the end of the process - it happened earlier.. start over again - o-ooooo..

oh - and btw - i was not able to flash via browser. after doing the 'hold button and wait till ip pops' stuff - i opened browser - only to be presented with the dm8000 interface page (with channel, favourites, web tv and etc.)

meagain123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skydigibox, DM8000, DM800, SkyStar2 CI
My Location
UK
oh - and btw - i was not able to flash via browser. after doing the 'hold button and wait till ip pops' stuff - i opened browser - only to be presented with the dm8000 interface page (with channel, favourites, web tv and etc.)

Sounds like your box had booted up. Power off then power on holding upper button until ip address appears, take network cable (router end) and plug it directly into your computer. Using a browser enter the ip address of your box and this will allow you to access the box and choose the flash option at the bottom in orange text.

It should only take a few minutes to flash and then restart your box.

oldfart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laminas 2.7 offset
Invacom Quattro LNB
Chayofa, Tenerife
DM8K
My Location
Tenerife
for usb look at /dev/sda1 or sdb1