JonnyRotten

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Appr. 1 meter dish.
Star Com LNB SR-3602
Starsat X1500D FTA reciever.
My Location
Mosul, Iraq
I am in Mosul Iraq and have a dish with LNB pointing to Hotbird and another dish with LNB pointing to Nilesat.

I would like to get a paid Showtime subscription. Do I need to buy a Showbox or can I use a normal reciever? Recommendations?

I would also like to get AFN (I can get the reciever activated). Does anyone know if i need a Scientific Atlantic reciever or can I use something different? Recommendations?

On another note.... my Hotbird signal is around 82 on the sat finder and Nilesat is around 88. Are these signals high enough to get good quality reception? I have not purchased the recievers yet so I have not been able to see the tv reception quality.

Thank you.

JonnyRotten

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Appr. 1 meter dish.
Star Com LNB SR-3602
My Location
Mosul, Iraq
Maybe I could crumple aluminum foil around some metal coat hangers?:-rofl2

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
For AFN, you will need the dedicated Scientific Atlanta receiver. For Showtime I believe a standard receiver with embedded Irdeto will suffice, probably one of the multicam receivers will do the job, unfortunately you may be limited in your choice if you are buying locally. .

prwoolfall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox - Home Network of three.
My Location
Qatar & Turkey (UK sometimes)
JonnyRotten said:
I am in Mosul Iraq and have a dish with LNB pointing to Hotbird and another dish with LNB pointing to Nilesat.

I would like to get a paid Showtime subscription. Do I need to buy a Showbox or can I use a normal reciever? Recommendations?

I would also like to get AFN (I can get the reciever activated). Does anyone know if i need a Scientific Atlantic reciever or can I use something different? Recommendations?

On another note.... my Hotbird signal is around 82 on the sat finder and Nilesat is around 88. Are these signals high enough to get good quality reception? I have not purchased the recievers yet so I have not been able to see the tv reception quality.

Thank you.
A Humax, Dreambox, Anyother with an Irdeto Cam. They all work! I use them.

JonnyRotten

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Appr. 1 meter dish.
Star Com LNB SR-3602
My Location
Mosul, Iraq
i picked up a free MEGASAT 30058A DSR from a guy here onbase. I locked onto Nilesat and of the 200 programmed channels I get two Arab and two with the color bars. Does anyone have a manual on this free to air box? If not, then does anyone know how to program it? Any good American channels FTA on Nilesat?

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
List of Nilesat channels here: _http://www.flysat.com/nilesat.php

A number of channels e.g. City 7, Dubai One, MBC 2&4 etc show quite a lot of American programmes.