do i need a new LNB?

S

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

My Location
scotland
Using the latest drivers on my pc based sat system i can see that on some channels i am getting a 70% noise and 30% signal rating. The noise rating is very high on the channels with broken picture. I have an lmb with i think a -4 or -5 noise reduction. Would buying a new lmb with with a lower noise reduction capability make any difference to my improving these individual channels? all other channels on same transponder are fine just the odd one or two on each satellite.

w hole

w hole

My Location
uk
Which Bird?

Which Channels?

Regards

W Hole

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi S*T*A*R*M*A*N

There's really no reason why you should have a difference between channels on the same transponder, particularly as they are sent out on the same carrier wave and multiplexed together. It could of course be a bug in the PentaVision software, which I know is hard to believe, but I have problems on TR112 on 19.2 on 2 or 3 of the channels although they are all showing similar qualities.

With regard to the LNB, yes a lower noise figure is going to give you better quality, but going down to .o4 db is going to cost you £120 or so, so I wouldn't really bother.

Rolf

S

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

My Location
scotland
Ok thanks. I do not intent to spend 120 on an lmb thats for sure.
As you said rolf there is no reason why this should happen but i wouldnt be suprised in the slightest if it was the penta software as most times it usually is. Oh well just have to grin and bear it then. :D