Do i need to let sky no that i have a new sly plus system?

I have just bought a brand new sky plus system from ebay. My sky card is already set up for sky plus. Will i need to tell sky i have a new system? Will they require me to be connected to a telephone line or sign a new 12 month contract?

I have been told that the card needs to match the digi box and that if the card doesnt match the card will not work?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The card will work on non-premium channels, but I doubt whether the recording function will, be interested to hear how you get on.

My Satellite Setup
3.0 m OffSet dish - Astra II
1.2 m Offset dish - Astra & Hot Bird
0.60 mts Hispasat
0.60 mts Nilesat

Box Kaon 570 & Pace 2600
My Location
Tenerife - Canary Islands
Rolfw......and whit a solus card? will the system work??

it should work fine i have just spoken to sky+ and asked them, i have a sky+ box sitting on the floor thats why
all you need to do re-pair the card with the new box takes about 30seconds to do on the phone. if you already have sky+ why do you need a new box?

billnot

Growing Old Disgracefully
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 3,1, IP9000HD plus other FTA and Linux boxes - Astra 1&2, Hotbird, Hispasat
My Location
Benitachell, Alicante, Spain
rolfw said:
The card will work on non-premium channels, but I doubt whether the recording function will, be interested to hear how you get on.
Much to my surprise, a Sky Plus card WILL activate the record and playback facilities on another box.

I bought a second box on Ebay and wanted to test it so, without much hope I put my current card into it. It worked just the same as a normal card does in the wrong box - everything except the premium channels work - and I successfully recorded and played back a program.

You live and learn!

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
billnot said:
...everything except the premium channels work - and I successfully recorded and played back a program.

Interesting, thanks for reporting this billnot :)