chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
I don't know about you, but I'm still reeling from last night's episode of Doctor Who. It was pretty big and daft, but really brilliant. But really... did you see a regeneration coming? No! of course you didn't, even if you are the Doctor's biggest fan. If you have a quick scout around the interwebby, the rumours about what happened and what will happen have already started spewing forth. As is the way in these things, there are some good juicy rumours, so let's have a look over the jump to see what the fans are saying...

1. There's much more to Donna than meets the eye.
A lot of people think that the scene where Donna's heartbeat(s) are heard (where there multiple heartbeats?!) is very significant indeed.

There was this on Behind The Sofa:
"For all we know, it'll be revealed that Donna was adopted, has always carried a fobwatch around with her that Grandad Cribbins gave her one Christmas which he found on the doorstep with her as a baby and those non-diagetic heartbeats are the first sign of the cockerney regaining her timelord senses before regenerating into River Song."

And, a commenter from Planet Gallifrey said this:
"also harking back to donnas first episode... the racnoss lady did call her the "secret heart" - maybe it was important in this whole 'donna is the most importnat woman in the whole of creation'"

I've always thought Donna was importnat.

And then there's this:
"I think a potential clue to what may be coming is the mention of Calufrax. The planet was mentioned as one of the 27 that was stolen. It was also "stolen" by The Captain in the original series as part of the Key to Time serial. Seems an awfully big coincidence. That was an episode that featured Romana (Queen of the Timelords or something). Could be a nod to her return. Dona did seem to have a moment of recognition just after Calufrax was mentioned. Could be she's Romana and doesn't yet know it."

Someone else is thinking that Donna could be the regenerated Master. Is she wearing the same ring as the Master? Are those the drums she hears the same as The Master? Is Donna a 'new' Timelord? My head hurts.

2. What or who is The Threefold Man?
Mad Dalek Caan said something about The Threefold Man. Could this mean that the Doctor will 'split' into three Doctors. This commenter on Behind The Sofa speculated:
"Having watched 'Dr Who confidential' previous Doctors who have had dealings with Davros were interviewed including Peter Davidson and Silvester McCoy, Silvester being in his Doctor Who outfit. Could they be both returning as the 'Threefold man'?"

3. The Doctor will regenerate into...
David Morrissey. That's what I read somewhere. David Morrissey is a very good actor (last seen in Cape Wrath). If he does regenerate, it'll be caps off to all involved because of their excellent secret-keeping abilities.

4. The Doctor will not regenerate.
Calm down, everyone. It's all a big hoax. For some reason the regeneration doesn't happen and David Tennant will remain as the Doctor. DT has been seen on the Christmas special set and has said he'll be in the four specials to appear next year.

5. The shot of the Doctor's hand is significant.
Another poster on Planet Gallifrey:
"As far as the regeneration, my guess: Once the Doctor splits in two (the other being what formed from his hand), one of the Doctor's stays behind with Rose in her universe. The real Doctor will return to our universe. That is why we have two Doctors on the beach, as has been spotted. It will be a bittersweet ending, with the real Doctor giving up his love, but Rose and the Doctor still united." [I did actually notice the hand in the jar, like something out of Futurama. And then, when the Doc is lying on the floor of the TARDIS he reaches up with his right hand first... cue long, lingering shot of hand... important? Oh dear, even I've started this speculation thing now!]

Those seem to be the most interesting rumours, but we haven't even touch on the significance of the Osterhagen Key (sp?) and which of the Doctor's companions will buy it. Sets itself up quite nicely for next week, wouldn't you say?

source: TVScoop

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Er no.

It was convoluted, the script totally outside the rules of time set out by the earlier series.

The doctor has used up his nine regenerations as well, so he either survives, or its the end of the series (unless the Master turns into him).

Why Torchwood of all things when Unit is still in existence ?(and what happened to Unit knowledge of Sarah Jane and the Doctor - has the govenment lost the files again ?)

All they needed was k-9 to jump in and they could have defeated the daleks with a group hug.

Mind you the special effects/rubber suits have improved, and dalek Caan was enjoying himself well before the pub had opened.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Channel Hopper said:
All they needed was k-9 to jump in and they could have defeated the daleks with a group hug.

They must have read my mind

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I liked the Daleks speaking in German - that amused me no end :D

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, yes, I thought . . . . . . Why? :-rofl2

Still enjoyed the story. :)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
So.....

Who's going to be the new companion?

Preasumably the Christmas special and the specials next year will be companionless, or at least limited to single appearance guests. Ah well, it'll be Steven Moffat's responsibility by then - must say I'm looking forward to his take on things.

Let the rumour mill begin.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think the new Doctor will be Robbie Williams and the new companion, Jade Goody. :) :-rofl2

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Can't have another Doctor, only a limited regeneration number don'tcha know.

The writing off of Paul McGann in the latest timeline contractural obligations sucks, even though Davies has nicked his version of the Tardis (but at least we have been spared James Nesbitt or Neil Morrissey).

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I think the new Doctor will be Robbie Williams and the new companion, Jade Goody. :) :-rofl2
Wrong way round - the new Doctor will be Jade Goody and the new companion Robbie Williams :D

Can't have another Doctor, only a limited regeneration number don'tcha know.
Didn't stop The Master from starting a new regeneration cycle when he ran out of lives.

but at least we have been spared James Nesbitt or Neil Morrissey
Interesting that the rumour mill picked up on Neil Morrissey as he appears to be guest starring in the Christmas special

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
D'Ohhh

Not Neil Morrisey, David Morrisey.

Thank you CH for sending me off down the wrong thought trail! :D