does anybody know of system to manually turn your dish?

kamaleon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar2 pci skystar usb + porty lidl camping dish maybe one day i'll have a dreambox 500s...
My Location
str8 frum da wesside innit?
Right, it might seem a bit daft as a question, but i'd be really keen on finding a way of turning one of my dishes by hand, not with a motor, does something like that exist? something that would resemble a HH motor, but with a manual crank rather than an electric motor for instances?

;)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A steel rod with some type of large wing nut fastening should do the trick, just use it with a polar mount and mark the rod when you find each satellite. :)

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
yes but.............
about the skew, and tilt if the dish is just turned horizontally your not gonna find anything other than one sat

update
granted you might be able to alter dish angle but the skew go mean some messing

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That's what the polar mount does B. ;)

kamaleon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar2 pci skystar usb + porty lidl camping dish maybe one day i'll have a dreambox 500s...
My Location
str8 frum da wesside innit?
yeah, but isn't there any commercial system ready made? i'm pretty shure i've already come across a polar mount which you could move with a crank, i'll keep googling for it.

johnsattuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
If you can find a duff HH motor, it would be quite easy to extend the shaft of the worm gear and put a little handle on it, throw away the little motor and electronics. :)

cologne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB 500s
SamsungP-CI/Viaccess embedded
Irdeto CAM
SA D 9835/Powervu
My Location
Deutschland/Großbritannien
I've seen some thing like that in gorzow,polen, when we were there.It was like for C band dish and you could actually turn to different satellites by rotating with hand.:)