Does anyone care about Charles and Camilla?

blackninja

Reaction score
The only thing I'm wondering about is that with it being a second marriage will they have a small ceremony at somewhere like a Travel Tavern? And if Camilla's parents can't afford it will the Queen and Phil the Greek have to fork out any of their hard-earned cash?

Seriously though - who gives a s**t? I couldn't believe that in a poll on ITV today 66% said they were against the wedding. Just let em get on with it for Christ's sake.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
blackninja said:
The only thing I'm wondering about is that with it being a second marriage will they have a small ceremony at somewhere like a Travel Tavern? And if Camilla's parents can't afford it will the Queen and Phil the Greek have to fork out any of their hard-earned cash?

Seriously though - who gives a s**t? I couldn't believe that in a poll on ITV today 66% said they were against the wedding. Just let em get on with it for Christ's sake.

Afraid we're in for blanket media coverage from now until the big day.
Palace correspondents, constitutional spokespersons, pundits...
No escape from foreign TV - they lap it up too.

Llew

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I would have thought that any poll that requests people to phone (text ?) vote yes or no to what is already confirmed as happening is as sad as the people that voted. Its shows that there are some out there that have no life of their own, so they have to grab parts of a complete strangers.

The media has simply got too large and most employees are hanging onto their monthly wage packet, and so the pap/crap will continue to spew forth.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Source : BBC Website

"Last year, a poll indicated that more Britons support Prince Charles marrying Camilla Parker Bowles than oppose it.

Of those who responded to a Populus poll, 32% said they would support Charles if he remarried, while 29% were opposed. However, most people - 38% - said they did not care, while 2% had no opinion."

Now, 101% of the population can't be wrong. :rolleyes:

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I have nothing against Charles, in fact he often gets stick when it isn't due, but what I really detest is the media feeding fenzie, 24 hrs a day from now until April. :( :-HB ^-J

AForester

01LD1E
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a variety of lnb's (5), dishes (2), diseqc motors (3) and receivers (4).
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
With all the media frenzy about the marriage Tony and his gang will be slipping loads more nasties into the constitution and onto the statute books on the sly.

Well, that's my opinion.
AF

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
rolfw said:
I really detest is the media feeding fenzie, 24 hrs a day from now until April. :( :-HB ^-J

That's how they make their money - and a lot of it!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
AForester said:
With all the media frenzy about the marriage Tony and his gank will be slipping loads more nasties into the constitution and onto the statute books on the sly.

Well, that's my opinion.
AF

Hopefully, one day, he'll rush one through a bit too quickly and make it illegal to be a goofy t*&t. Then we can have him deported.

Marts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90 cm dish + two LNB 13/19 E
90 cm dish + one LNB 30 W
Humax 5400 .. Oh and cable for Mrs Marts (smilie here)
My Location
Gozo - Malta

allans17

Reaction score
e should ave been strung up a long time ago

( you may not hear from me after this ) he he he

blackninja

Reaction score
Sorry to go back to an old thread but the Royal correspondent on ITV (when I flicked onto it) just said "I don't think she'll touch and feel people as much as Diana did"(!)

blackninja

Reaction score
And why were all the Royal family swaying about like that? Don't they know you're supposed to get drunk afterwards? Bunch of p*ssheads.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Seriously, I wish them both best. They obviously make each other happy and I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to be happy.

I think Charles gets far too much crap thrown at him in general. Leave 'em alone.

PaulR

dmm

Reaction score
well lets see .....they actually have a lot in common .... ..... like for instance they both disrespect and mistreat they very people who loved them the most ..... they're both adulterous slappers ..... neither of them know what real work or hard graft is like ....so yeah they're made for each other ......so compatible ....!!! :D

will never be considered a true king methinks - otherwise they should be left alone though

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I agree, you could see that his sons were pleased for him as well.

blackninja

Reaction score
I know I might have contradicted my original thread by saying I saw the ceremony, but that was on the news so I can still say I don't really care. I don't understand how people who've never met them, and are never likely to meet them, can be so opposed to the wedding. I don't mind slight reverance to the Royal family, because some people think it's part of being British or patriotic (which I disagree with), but these people who spend their whole life obsessing about a bunch of rich thick Germans as if they know them really well I find very disturbing. Don't get me wrong I'm one of the most patriotic Englishmen you'll meet.

Just let em get on with their lives. They clearly love eachother, and have done for over thirty years. I quite liked Diana, but she's been dead 7 years. I find all this crap about Charles and Camilla 'driving her to her death' (I always thought it was some pissed up French bloke) laughable.

Just my five pence.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Do I Care, Answer No. But Think he should have married her years ago when they were younger. Maybe people would have more respect for him now.

dago

Reaction score
i find it odd, that a fully grown man, needs to ask mum for permision to get married.
no i don't care what they do, its none of my buisness, as far as i'm concern they are
wellcome to each other.

Dago this is a thread about Charles and Camilla. Your post about Diana is not relevant. She met an untimely death and we should leave it at that.

Thanks

Jimbo