Does "IP>SAT" exist?

Tonique

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dish, SD receiver
My Location
Belgium
Hello,

In short: once the SAT signal is transformed to Ethernet by using SAT>IP, how do you get it back to the original SAT signal? Is there an affordable solution on the market for home use?

Long: I have a working set of dish+receiver, receiver (and card) are provided by the SAT TV provider. I'd like to get the signal to another room, but unfortunately lying a coaxial cable is not doable for this room, so I'm now looking at SAT>IP over powerline options. I see some affordable solutions on the market, but the problem is that the provider's receiver has to be used because this particular card doesn't work on other receivers. This means that I cannot use a SAT>IP compatible receiver on the other side, which leaves me with the only option of using something like an "IP>SAT" transformer just before my receiver. Does this exist?

Thanks!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No because the idea of this is that you dont convert it back. You use the ip format of delivery on the remote devices

http://www.satip.info/

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Rebroadcasting anything at much above stuff that could be contained within a bit of coax is going to get you into trouble. Most communication microwave signals will only pass through open air, a bit of brickwork and its lost.

Then there is the health and safety aspect of high power, GHz transmissions beamed around a property.

Have you thought about going down a fibre optic cable, the size of it means it could be virtually invisible.