Does Raven oval dish need an oval LNB?

NiCad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan 5900, Infinity USB, Panasonic skybox & triax zone2, Gemini 90 and other dishes, triax & grundig lnbs
My Location
Manchester (53'N 2'W)
Hi,

I bought the Gemini 90cm a while ago and haven't set it up yet (it's long overdue) and noticed most people use a standard LNB like an invacom 0.3dB, and not the "oval" sky type even though the dish is elliptical like a sky dish. So basically I'm wondering if it matters for oval dishes?

Sorry if this has been asked before

Cheers

NiCad

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No, it uses a standard LNB, the dish is configured so that it illuminates a round feed.

NiCad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan 5900, Infinity USB, Panasonic skybox & triax zone2, Gemini 90 and other dishes, triax & grundig lnbs
My Location
Manchester (53'N 2'W)
Thanks rolfw for clearing that one up, I have a couple of older lnbs and thought if I buy a newer one should it be oval, but now I will probably go for an invacom.

Cheers

H

Happy-Buddah

@ Rolfw
Hi, is there a web site for Raven Dishes? All that I can find, doing searches, is sites for distributors/retailers. I would like to read up about their dishes first hand having read such glowing reports about them, and the fact that the design cuts down close satellite interference. ie between 28E and 26E also 7W and 8W.
Regards H-B

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
It used to be www.raven.co.uk but it's just displaying some dopey message at the moment. Has been for a long time.

It says you can email them at info@raven.co.uk

STICK

NiCad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Manchester (53'N 2'W)
Hi,

I emailed raven about the oval lnb issue asked above, but they didn't reply. Nevermore will I email them - I still bought the dish, though.

I was gonna mention the website but BGonaSTICK beat me to it...

However, here is a PDF I downloaded a while back:

Hope it helps :)

NiCad

H

Happy-Buddah

@ BGonaSTICK & NiCad

Thank's for the links chaps. I have emailed them with my query and in the meantime downloaded the PDF.
Cheers H-B