Does size matter?. Dishes of course

AForester

01LD1E
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a variety of lnb's (5), dishes (2), diseqc motors (3) and receivers (4).
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
* steffan_st

Will PM you
AF

RaiUn0

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020Si+40GB, DiSEqC H-H DarkMotor, Gibertini 1m, Inverto Black Ultra LNB - 42E to 30W.
My Location
Manchester
sharpxl521 said:
Which motor though?.....choices choices:confused . Stab 120 or the Moteck sg-2100?. Do you guys have any good or bad points, to share about these two motors?. Thanks ;)

still waiting for my sg2100 to arrive..
Although i've not seen a motor in action yet, looking at my triax88cm I'm glad I've not gone for 1.1m. it looks bigger than I first thought.

Go for any of the above motors i'm sure it'll be good. My choice for SG2100 over Stab120 is a silly one. Stab's rotating arm(?) (the bit which rotates the dish) is on top so I thought water, especially melting ice, "might" sip inside the motor. :-)

-r

AForester

01LD1E
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
* steffan_st

Sorry for my remark "Have you got you numbers wrong?;) "
The more I delve into "claimed gains for an antenna/dish" the more I realise that some sites/suppliers quote gains that differ from those quoted by another site/supplier for what is supposed to be the same antenna/dish.
And I do nor mean the difference between dB(d) and dB (i).;) ;) .
Cheers AF

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
AForester said:
* steffan_st

Sorry for my remark "Have you got you numbers wrong?;) "
The more I delve into "claimed gains for an antenna/dish" the more I realise that some sites/suppliers quote gains that differ from those quoted by another site/supplier for what is supposed to be the same antenna/dish.
And I do nor mean the difference between dB(d) and dB (i).;) ;) .
Cheers AF

No problem Forester and your probably right about the "claimed gains".

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
steffan_st said:
The triax has a gain of 40.2 dBi at 11.7 Ghz,the Gibertini 39.4 dBi at 10.95 Ghz.

From practical comparsions that me and my friend has made and according to when "Triaxmann" changed from Gibertini to Triax I'd say the Gibertini has a gain of about 39.8-39.9 dBi at 11.7 ghz (always higher gain at higher frequency).

We must remember that all of these gainfigures are measured with a matched feedhorn and one can never expect this high gain with just any 0.3 dB lnbf.

My 1 meter Gibertini is currently stored in my bedroom because I'm using another dish for the moment.Have been trying to get a matched feedhorn for it but haven't found one and Gibertini in Italy don't answer my mails!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry but I have been mistyping the Gibertini gain at 11.7 Ghz,It's of course
supposed to be 39.8-39.9,not 38.8-38.9 like I wrote before!!!

Thank's forester for waking me up!

This post is now edited,please read!

AForester

01LD1E
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
Well done steffan-st, obviously a typo on the original post.
I know I am getting senile and nearly in my dotage, but I just could not get the gist of your original figures.
All clear now, hope the weather has settled over there, hazy sun at the moment, quite mild temperatures. Off to the coast for a bracing walk along the beach then a browse at the sunday market for bargains.
Regards AF (J)

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
listen AF

Anyone who puts Christmas lights on his dish can't be all bad.

"Rockin' around the satellite dish at the Christmas party hop".

AForester

01LD1E
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
* Milkybarkid

Is this how you got you name Jacque? by milking the cows that look over your back wall;) ;) .