Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yes there is doktor. UK planning permission rules allow two dishes, with the maximum size of 1m on or around the property.

Of course if you live somewhere remote or no-one can see the dishes its unlikely anything would be said but the local council can not only require you to remove a dish, but if you refuse they can come and remove it then send you the bill!!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Yes, what he said.

What the eye doesn't see, and what the neighbours don't complain about is another matter (qv Vipersan...............)

PS @ VS: I can't be bothered with bold and green any more. Back to normal!

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Tivù said:
Yes, what he said.

What the eye doesn't see, and what the neighbours don't complain about is another matter (qv Vipersan...............)

PS @ VP I can't be bothered with bold and green anymore. Back to normal!

No probs Gordon ...I enjoyed it whilst it lasted...
;)

bud man

Reaction score
Nice setup, I use a 3 meter dish with chaparral corotor II plus wideband feed for both c/ku, of course I am on the other side of the planet but it works great for me.

afry

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
yamal 202
My Location
indonesian
doktorofsat said:
Back again in C band problemo!!

I noticed that some users are interested in my dielectric plate for da C band

I upload a schematic of it.I recommend to use aluminium foil from chocolate .This proved to perform very well among other Al foils...

Use only transparent plastic , the 1 mm thick one is the best in my tests.Everything between 0,5-1MM is good:)
The width of the alu stripes must be 3,5-4mm .Please respect the dimensions :cool:

The distance betwwen stripes is 5-6mm The big stripes(3 on the center) 10mm width are very important for the reception.

You can modify a little bit the dimensions and notice signal increases on certain channels :)...Go further and put perpendiculary 1mm thick cooper wire spiral (4-5 little spirals) an the each side and you'll notice real frequency cuts and strong amplification one other freq.A lot of play with:-rofl2

how its placement in the LNB (depth) is in everything till the end of the dielectric flat with the bottom end of the LNB

Satcom1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 Meter Primestar Elliptical C/KU. Twinhan 1025 PCI(Linux), Coolsat 6000, Winegard 76 cm dish. 8' Unimesh, HCC9300 Receiver.
Diamond 9000 HD, 1m prime focus, 1.2 m prime focus, both on C Band.
My Location
Chicago
afry said:
how its placement in the LNB (depth) is in everything till the end of the dielectric flat with the bottom end of the LNB

Does this help?

Attachments

• plate%20in%20%20lnb.jpg
    plate%20in%20%20lnb.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 90