Donations

hayley

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
110cm dish, digital decoder Visionic slim 3. (french)LNB Technomate 0.1db Universal...'rain protected by black bucket!
My Location
France 50miles east of Toulouse ,nr Revel .southern france +
I Tried to make a donation the other day ,as we live in France Pay pal decides we wish to donate in euros !! we want to donate in £s.!! i can get around this but when going through the PP payment it asks for the email address? so does the payment go to>> theteam etc etc Office, or does it credit VIA the individual whose post i click on to ??? Hugs to you all ....................Hayley & jewells

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Hi Hayley

As far as I am aware a donation payment goes to Chris the designer and manager of the forum and is put towards server running costs, in the UK we do not run forums for personal profit as they do in the USA

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes Hayley, as Topper says, any donations go towards the server costs and are much appreciated.:)

hayley

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
110cm dish, digital decoder Visionic slim 3. (french)LNB Technomate 0.1db Universal...'rain protected by black bucket!
My Location

hayley

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi Hayley

As far as I am aware a donation payment goes to Chris the designer and manager of the forum and is put towards server running costs, in the UK we do not run forums for personal profit as they do in the USA
Hi Topper That is the answer i need ..many thanks will donate !! & to others that read this post ........".It is better to give that to Receive "...jewells ..............
Cheers ..hayley

hayley

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yes Hayley, as Topper says, any donations go towards the server costs and are much appreciated.:)
Hi rolfw!! quote from above ! That is the answer i need ..many thanks will donate !! & to others that read this post ........".It is better to give that to Receive "...jewells ..............
Cheers ..hayley

hayley

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I'm not too sure about changing it for donations and things like that but this link might help https://www.paypal.com/ms/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?solutionId=FAQ1030&topicID=&m=ARA
smoggy07..Today i have followed this link thank you very much !! for me i have to go to the bottom l/hand side of the page & click classic view !! the old style acc page is in view !!& i have changed the currency to GBP again ??.I have again tried to donate via the link on this page BUT !! when getting to the p pal section for the amount to donate it comes up in EUROS !! i will try again !! Note for Admin ,to send from my ppal acc you have to input an email address ??if i show yours !! i get a message from you ,requesting to post on your web site ,going round & round on this !!......also when clicking on the donate button on your web site the address shown is satellites.co.uk for p pal this is not accepted ?? etc etc ......hayley

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have referred this to Chris, I'm sure he can sort it out for you.

By the way it doesn't matter what the currency is with Paypal, pounds or Euros. I've just carried out a test donation which defaulted to euros, but otherwise went through fine.

If in doubt, instigate a payment direct through paypal to (chris @ astra-systems.com) without the spaces, then you should be able to choose your currency.

Last edited:

hayley

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Have referred this to Chris, I'm sure he can sort it out for you.

By the way it doesn't matter what the currency is with Paypal, pounds or Euros. I've just carried out a test donation which defaulted to euros, but otherwise went through fine.

If in doubt, instigate a payment direct through paypal to (chris @ astra-systems.com) without the spaces, then you should be able to choose your currency.
rolfw...Thank you very much !! all understood will do S A P > We have a lot of Patience(you have to living in France ??) I am sure you have missed a few donations ? as many people give up in a short space of time !If in Doubt !....I hope others read this !!! well done to all of you for your expertise & Patience ............Hayley /jewells

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I suspect you are better clicking on the donate button under my posts, I think the account should be
donate.png

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire