Dont you think this sub-forum losing interest ?

URPradhan

Crazy Techie
Messages
246
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
AMD PC, Skystar2 2.6D, Inverto 0.2dB Single Universal Ku-Band LNB, NUCLEUS 100cm Solid Dish
My Location
Maharastra, Hindustan
#1
Dear Friends

I do not know why, but it seems to me that, this sub-forum is loosing interest day-by-day now :( I'm not able to see much more contributions from our members as we all were contributing our views here earlier. Some other forums are getting much more replies from Indian memebrs.

That may be due to some restrictions made for new posts (its my perceptio & I may be wrong too).

So, guy, please contribute and make this forum active always.

Thanx
 

jimbo

Specialist Contributor
Messages
3,482
Likes
1
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
#2
URPradhan ..... There's no restriction on members posting new information or asking questions provided it's within the rules.

So .... no keys or keys within files and no posts which are disrespectful to members or the moderators. With that in mind I can't see the problem.
 

URPradhan

Crazy Techie
Messages
246
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
AMD PC, Skystar2 2.6D, Inverto 0.2dB Single Universal Ku-Band LNB, NUCLEUS 100cm Solid Dish
My Location
Maharastra, Hindustan
#3
Thank you for ur reply mr Admin

But, in the Indian-DTH sub-forums, if we are posting any info/reply, the msg does not appear immediately. Rather, when it is seen + approved by mods then only its becomes visible.
Do not you think it seems to be an irretating act to contributers ?
 

Hareesh

Regular Member
Messages
626
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Sat:Insat 4 B and NSS 6
Platform:DD Direct+
STB:Eurobox 9700+CI
System:Celeron D 2.8 GHz,Fedora Core 6 and Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.
My Location
Kasaragod,Kerala,South India.
#4
URPradhan said:
Thank you for ur reply mr Admin

But, in the Indian-DTH sub-forums, if we are posting any info/reply, the msg does not appear immediately. Rather, when it is seen + approved by mods then only its becomes visible.
Do not you think it seems to be an irretating act to contributers ?
Hi
There were some problems in the board sometimes back and strict moderation of the posts were there.Now the problems are sorted out and I request all the members to contribute immensely.The mods and admins are watching the board countinuously and approve the posts/attachments as any of us read it.
 

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Messages
37,659
Likes
1,275
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
#5
URPradhan said:
Thank you for ur reply mr Admin

But, in the Indian-DTH sub-forums, if we are posting any info/reply, the msg does not appear immediately. Rather, when it is seen + approved by mods then only its becomes visible.
Do not you think it seems to be an irritating act to contributers ?
Can I ask you how long your posts took to appear?



PS. Unfortunately, this so called "irritating act" was necessitated by a few very irritating contributors/spammers. ;)
 

Lancelot

Specialist Contributor
Messages
3,638
Likes
8
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
#6
Shouldn't have been too long as I'm in early in the mornings (UK time) and the first thing I do is log into the Mod panel to see what needs sorting.


L.:)
 

URPradhan

Crazy Techie
Messages
246
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
AMD PC, Skystar2 2.6D, Inverto 0.2dB Single Universal Ku-Band LNB, NUCLEUS 100cm Solid Dish
My Location
Maharastra, Hindustan
#7
rolfw said:
Can I ask you how long your posts took to appear?
PS. Unfortunately, this so called "irritating act" was necessitated by a few very irritating contributors/spammers. ;)
Not sure ... But approx 1 day !

And, one thing, why should all be punished for 1/2/few ?
If admin/mod does not like the thread due to out of context, then they can directly delete from DB, instead of imposing a strict rule over all.

We love to see our post immediately posting it. If today i'll post a news & that will be visible to all tomorrow, then whats the use of th ? And for that reason only you must be seeing the poor contribution from members here.

Sorry .... If my words does not sound good.
 

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Messages
37,659
Likes
1,275
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
#8
Well to let you into a little secret, this section has not been subject to moderation for a couple of weeks;), it is at present only the news items section and the Adult channels section which is subject to moderation, as I agree, it is a shame to penalise everyone for a few members' actions.

PS. have allowed free posting on all sections now, but anyone abusing this will be subject to immediate removal.
 

URPradhan

Crazy Techie
Messages
246
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
AMD PC, Skystar2 2.6D, Inverto 0.2dB Single Universal Ku-Band LNB, NUCLEUS 100cm Solid Dish
My Location
Maharastra, Hindustan
#9
rolfw said:
...it is a shame to penalise everyone for a few members' actions.

PS. have allowed free posting on all sections now, but anyone abusing this will be subject to immediate removal.
Thank you Mr. Rolfw

Hope members will follow the rules and contribute professionally to this forum.
Any violation to these ll be deleted immediately.
 

mehra

SATELLITE SNIFFER
Messages
166
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
2 Dish Tv Zenega STBs | 1 DM 800 HD Clone | 180 cm TX Rx Fibre offset Dish Antenna |
My Location
india
#10
actually friends we have nothing hot to discuss. what we used to discuss was:

1. hotbird : its about to go / not visible easily / too costly to view / and in addition needs a lot of technical expertise to view so topic is flop now.

2. dish tv : we may praise ourselves anyhow, but none of us has been smart enough to even properly read the softwares of dish tv STBs. so nothing remains to discuss.

3. adult channels : thanx to indian govt. that cares so much about our moral characters. so its also gone.

4. ******* / ******** : no such equipment is available in india, that adds to the lack of awareness.

5. and above all if someone new asks about anything, we simply ask him to use search button. this discourages newbies.

that's why we feel a bit of silence here. very few no. of members are active.
so, thats it what i feel. maybe special moderation may be adding a bit.

even then i'll b with this forum and sharing till i'm alive.:)
 

good2talk

Regular Member
Messages
148
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Nothing at the moment until I find a receiver.
My Location
yookay
#11
This is the best forum to learn and share.

You should ask some one to help rather than moaning.

Most of the members are very helpful.
 

Hareesh

Regular Member
Messages
626
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Sat:Insat 4 B and NSS 6
Platform:DD Direct+
STB:Eurobox 9700+CI
System:Celeron D 2.8 GHz,Fedora Core 6 and Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.
My Location
Kasaragod,Kerala,South India.
#12
mehra said:
actually friends we have nothing hot to discuss. what we used to discuss was:

1. hotbird : its about to go / not visible easily / too costly to view / and in addition needs a lot of technical expertise to view so topic is flop now.

2. dish tv : we may praise ourselves anyhow, but none of us has been smart enough to even properly read the softwares of dish tv STBs. so nothing remains to discuss.

3. adult channels : thanx to indian govt. that cares so much about our moral characters. so its also gone.

4. ******* / ******** : no such equipment is available in india, that adds to the lack of awareness.

5. and above all if someone new asks about anything, we simply ask him to use search button. this discourages newbies.

that's why we feel a bit of silence here. very few no. of members are active.
so, thats it what i feel. maybe special moderation may be adding a bit.

even then i'll b with this forum and sharing till i'm alive.:)
Don't worry Mehra, Indian DTH scene is going to be fired up in next 3-4 months with the emergence of new DTH players,new channels,new satellites etc. etc.
Reg the Search option,I cannot agree with you because a newbie who is interested to know the ABCDs of satellite and DTH should do search.The advantage is, he will go through other posts also thus by gaining more and more ideas and knowledge.I have seen so many very basic questions reg LNB,Ku and C bands etc.
Don't worry I am optimistic that the forum will become active with the help of contributions from all of you.
 

member91040

Regular Member
Messages
1,482
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
#13
mehra said:
actually friends we have nothing hot to discuss. what we used to discuss was:

1. hotbird : its about to go / not visible easily / too costly to view / and in addition needs a lot of technical expertise to view so topic is flop now.

2. dish tv : we may praise ourselves anyhow, but none of us has been smart enough to even properly read the softwares of dish tv STBs. so nothing remains to discuss.

3. adult channels : thanx to indian govt. that cares so much about our moral characters. so its also gone.

4. ******* / ******** : no such equipment is available in india, that adds to the lack of awareness.

5. and above all if someone new asks about anything, we simply ask him to use search button. this discourages newbies.

that's why we feel a bit of silence here. very few no. of members are active.
so, thats it what i feel. maybe special moderation may be adding a bit.

even then i'll b with this forum and sharing till i'm alive.:)
You are totally right bro, But My contribution, is still alive. Yours all old pal.
 
Top