Double lnb hotbird astra digital fixed dish

fastphil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
metronic 80cm, dish double lnb for digital Hotbird & Astra28.2,fixed dish double lnd with one cable entry, free to air box without card
My Location
sw france ,Department11, Aude
Hi there. I need help with the double lnb. The manual is in french and i need to know if i should attach the left eye of the lnb to the arm or the right eye on the lnb to get astra. Theres an image on the lnb which explains the left is for astra and the right is for hotbird. Ithink if i do it correct i might both satellites. Thankyou

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As you stand behind the LNB looking at the dish, the one on the Eastern side (Right hand side) is the Hotbird LNB and needs to be in the clamp, the one on the Western side (Left hand side) is Astra, this side needs to be higher.

Some monobloc LNBs have Astra as port a on the DiseqC switch and some have Hotbird as port A, s o you need to find out shich one is which. You can do this by roughly aligning the dish and then putting a cover over one of the LNBs to see whether it is the active one.