download some keys to the dreambox through ftp?

neethan30

Reaction score
hELLO

tried to download some keys to the dreambox through ftp, and I downloaded newcamd key to var/keys folder, I was told that I need the raf keys, where do I find these keys and which folder do I downloaded it to?
CAN YOU HELP!!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Moved this to a new thread, if you had read the first post in thread where you postsed, you would see that T_G asked to not post questions in the information thread.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
neethan30 said:
Tried to download some keys to the dreambox through ftp

What image are you using?

You may have to delete the old k*ys before updating.

If the image allows it you can download from the Internet direct to the DreamBox which then does all the hardwork for you.

fad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000-S B04500, 252MHz. DaVinci 109.1d Image 160GB, 64MB USB multiboot
My Location
East Anglia
rolfw said:
Moved this to a new thread, if you had read the first post in thread where you postsed, you would see that T_G asked to not post questions in the information thread.
Firstly, thanks to the authors for the Key Updating Utility; thanks for the entry in idiots guide TG! installed it, works for the SoftCam.key. I suggest that anyone wanting to update the keys uses this utility, dead simple to install/run, just need the correct URLs to put in and press the buttons...
icon14.gif

Question: I have no idea whether my setup is OK (i.e. actually using the keys properly) as I havent managed to find anything other than FTA channels so far; Can someone tell me a channel I can check on which satellite so I can check it works, please? Updated keys today 5/12/04
(I'm really after tv cabo/Globo International but have only been able to get FTA REDERECORD on Hispa 1c 30 w so far
icon9.gif
).

After running the Utility (Source= http://byksat.kabel1.cz/dreambox/SoftCam.Key), it responded with:
softcam [OK]
gbox [NOT FOUND]
scce [NOT FOUND]
newcamd [OK]

...So is gbox and scce not on byksat or do I not have locally and hence it cannot update or?? I'm running SF 107 also have SF 108 (but newcamd is not installed) and can try some others. I'm holding fire on flashing 108 as the root image 'till I understand more about the box.

As you might be guessing on a scale of 1-10 newbie, still on 1 :-) - several questions to ask but trying to plow through all the FAQs and guides 1st. Any help with the above and the questions below much appreciated.

Is there much value of flashing my root 107 image with the latest 108os might as well leave it and add a new image like 0590_hydra56xx_dianne_1105_fixed_1106 on /hdd?

Does the SF Team 107 image have Enigma 107 (how do I find out what version of enigma is running on an image?). I ask as I was looking at the "How to upgrade to NewcamD V5.25 – for idiots!" by BGonaSTICK which requires enigma 107 +

I've managed to find rsakeylist and keylist from suggested places but couldnt find any trace of the tpscrypt file. Any pointers here?

Cheers folks

fad