Dozens feared dead and hundreds believed injured in Texas fertiliser plant blast

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Jeez, those pictures are scary looking, they make it look like a nuke had gone off!!! :eek:

I have a friend over there in the Lone Star State, though he is a long distance from there thankfully, he didn't mention this (but then he rarely watches live TV, so probably won't know until he goes to work), but you've got to feel sorry for those who got caught up in the blast, the BBC's report on it shows the roads being gridlocked with emergency vehicles trying to get to those in need of help...

With that, the Boston bombings, and a letter laced with ricin, it's definitely not been a good week for the USA...

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
very sad, there was reports on my local radio station this morning that over 70 people are believed to be injured, it could be more by the looks of it, the blast could be heard 45 miles away.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
The BBC Breakfast programme showed a phone video clip of the place actually exploding. It was quite a bang and I definitely would not have wanted to be near that!