Dragon 4.01

ehzaz

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam
Hi
I have just bought a Dragon CAM 4.01. When I insert it into the CAS and display the CAs info. I see the FIRECRYPT 1.3
What is the difference between Predator and Firecrypt. How do I upgrade the CAM.

Regards
Ez

ehzaz

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam
ehzaz said:
Hi
I have just bought a Dragon CAM 4.01. When I insert it into the CAS and display the CAs info. I see the FIRECRYPT 1.3
What is the difference between Predator and Firecrypt. How do I upgrade the CAM.

Regards
Ez
Incidently I am using a Topfiel 4000PVr receiver.

Rgds
Ez

ehzaz

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam
Is there no-one out there who could help me?

Ehzaz

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi ehzaz,
I think that you need to load Predator 307 firmware into your Dragon Cam, at the moment all you've got is your SIM card working for your mature content channel. The Dragon 4.01 is the first Cam that can handle 2 cards at once, the SIM card and any other subscription card.
Unfortunately you haven't provided any information regarding your programmer or loader card, if you have a card with Fun 7 written on it use the alternative method in the howto.txt file found in the Predator folder.

You need:
-Smartmouse compatible card programmer
-The dragonload.exe program
-Connect the card programmer to com1 or com2, make sure the programmer is in 6 MHz mode
-Execute "dragonload.exe"
-By pressing the "Settings" button, you can change from com1 to com2
-Press "Connect"
-In the file open dialog that appears, select the firmware you want to load.
-The card will now be loaded.
ALTERNATIVE METHOD
For this method, you need a FUN7 card
Using a suitable program, program the FLASH of the FUN7 card with FUN7LDR.HEX,
and program the EEPROM with predator2XX.bin. Make sure the program you use
handle the large eeprom size of the fun7 card correctly!
END alternative method
Insert the programmed card into the Dragon module. Insert this into a receiver
and turn on the receiver. make sure you are tuned to an FTA channel.
Go to the Common interface menu on the receiver, and select the "Dragon Loader" module.
In the next menu, select "yes, Load module".
Now a menu appears indicating that loading is in progress. To see the actual porgress percentage,
select "refresh". There is no auto-refresh because some receivers had problems with that....
When loading is complete, a menu appears saying "Loading successful". REMOVE the loader
card from the module, and switch off and turn back on the receiver.

For Dragon updates you can try here:
_http://www.ucassupport.nl/dragonsupport/english/Software.htm
After you have loaded the Predator firmware you might have to manually update your keys for some channels.
Best wishes
Mickha

ehzaz

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam
Thanks Mickha,

You been a great help. This seems to clear up things a bit.
I do not have a fun7 card. That's my next step. A friend of a friend loaded the the cam itself with keys, so I am able to get many channels. But what I cannot get are BBC1/2/4. My current settup is an 88cm Triax dish with three LNB's and Diseqcs. these are being directed to Astra1, Hotbird and Astra2. The receivers are a topfield 4000pvr and a Golden interstar.

Thankx
Ehzaz

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi ehzaz,
you do not need a Cam for BBC1 or 2, try removing your Cam, but you wont get BBC 3,4 or any of the other channels without a S*y freeview card, except for ITV 3. As you're on Astra have you tried the S*y channels that are currently available?
check out 11720.00 27500 2/3 h on 28east
Best wishes
Mickha

tapfit2004

lula member
Reaction score
Website
livesportsontv.eu
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400
fortecstar
sl65
quali tv ir
4 digiboxes
dragon cam
funcard7
sm3d12 motor
wavefrontier t90
90cm dish
1m dish
My Location
dublin, ireland
all the bbc channels are free to air including bbc 3 & 4. they are on astra 2d which means that reception outside the uk, ireland and parts of northern france, holland, will require a bigger dish, and may not work with 3 lnb's on a single dish.

ehzaz

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam
I forgot to mention that I do recieve BBC1/2/3/4 on my Golden interstar receiver. Which is running off the same dish. No cams installed, just a firmware upgrade. I would also like to receive them on my Topfield 4000pvr.

rgds
Ehzaz

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
ehzaz said:
I forgot to mention that I do recieve BBC1/2/3/4 on my Golden interstar receiver. Which is running off the same dish. No cams installed, just a firmware upgrade. I would also like to receive them on my Topfield 4000pvr.

rgds
Ehzaz

You do not need updated firmware or CAM to view the BBC channels (as said above), if you have added or already list the correct transponder frequency, then you will receive them FTA with any receiver.