dragon and sly card error (NO ATR)

max.max

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 fixed dish 90cm invacom0.3 dual 13°E -
1 fixed dish 130cm cambridge lnb 0.6 28°E -
1 panasonic 30 and 1 amstrad sky digiboxes - 1 echostar 808ci viaccess - dragon, joker, CAS 3 I/F
My Location
rome, italy
Hi m8s, any chance of getting some help/advise on dragon set up with an echostar (808ci viacess)?

A couple of days ago I bought a dragon with cas3 in rome (89euro for the cam + 79 for the cas3), programmed the cas3 with studio 6.2, programmed the cam directly with cas3 without loader card with pred_3.20 (very easy to use even for unexperienced people like me, I used .dra file or should I use .bin file instead ?), inserted the sly-uk card in it, put the cam in the receiver, switched it on, cam regularly recognized (it calls this cam pred320), programmed the uk-digibox sn in it without a problem and in the end what do I get ? CARD ERROR (NO ATR) – NO DECRYPTING. Tried it all over again a few times, changed the slot in the receiver, every time on and off the receiver, tried the same with sly-italy card : same error. I feel quite sure it is a software problem because the cam seems to be working ok, infact I can also see without errors the sim card serial number (the one for X channels which is inserted on the top of the dragon) but I did’t check if I can see the actual X channels (I don’t even know what they are, names or frequencies). What am I doing wrong ? Any advise ?

retainedstatue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+, Golden Interstar 8005CI, Dragon 4.1, opos 1.05
My Location
Merseyside, UK
max.max said:
Hi m8s, any chance of getting some help/advise on dragon set up with an echostar (808ci viacess)?

A couple of days ago I bought a dragon with cas3 in rome (89euro for the cam + 79 for the cas3), programmed the cas3 with studio 6.2, programmed the cam directly with cas3 without loader card with pred_3.20 (very easy to use even for unexperienced people like me, I used .dra file or should I use .bin file instead ?), inserted the sly-uk card in it, put the cam in the receiver, switched it on, cam regularly recognized (it calls this cam pred320), programmed the uk-digibox sn in it without a problem and in the end what do I get ? CARD ERROR (NO ATR) – NO DECRYPTING. Tried it all over again a few times, changed the slot in the receiver, every time on and off the receiver, tried the same with sly-italy card : same error. I feel quite sure it is a software problem because the cam seems to be working ok, infact I can also see without errors the sim card serial number (the one for X channels which is inserted on the top of the dragon) but I did’t check if I can see the actual X channels (I don’t even know what they are, names or frequencies). What am I doing wrong ? Any advise ?

You sure the card you`re using has been activated in the UK digibox?

max.max

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 panasonic 30 and 1 amstrad sky digiboxes - 1 echostar 808ci viaccess - dragon, joker, CAS 3 I/F
My Location
rome, italy
retainedstatue said:
You sure the card you`re using has been activated in the UK digibox?

of course I am sure : both cards (uk and it) are regularly working in their respective digiboxes. any other ideas ?

danit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised Gibertini 125 - fixed dish 72 -
stabHH120 -
lnb Inverto Black Ultra 0.2 - Sharp 0.4 -
Jepssen STHD3 AzboxHD Premium / 1TB WD e-sata hdd -
Fortec Passion HD -
QUALI IRCI HDTV -
Homecast PVR 300 -
Digiscrappybox -
various CAMs -
vari
My Location
8e 43.9n
@max.max, it seems the problem is with the cis 6.2, and it seems it's not solved with new version (cis 6.2a): check the italian sat forums (you live in Rome...), they discuss a lot about it
you won't have any problem if you program the dragon loadercard, not directly the CAM

max.max

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rome, italy
danit said:
@max.max, it seems the problem is with the cis 6.2, and it seems it's not solved with new version (cis 6.2a): check the italian sat forums (you live in Rome...), they discuss a lot about it
you won't have any problem if you program the dragon loadercard, not directly the CAM

Thanks danit. Got the 6.5, reprogrammed it and now it works fine.