Dragon CAM differences

bettyqueen2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax VACI-5300
Matrix Cam
What is the difference between the Dragon 3.02 and 4.01 CAMs? In other words, is it worth spending the extra money for the Dragon 4.1?

many thanks

daveenty

Irregular Member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Plaza ST550
Dragon 4.1,
Cas2 + Add on.
Mastera card progger.
Lots of Ice Scrapers :-)
My Location
North West UK
The only difference I can see is that the 4.1 has an inbuilt sim type card holder in it, which, along with a valid card, accesses a couple of extra mature content channels whilst enabling you to insert a standard card in the cam itself. As a Dragon will encode most stuff without a card anyhow, it does seem to be rather an expensive waste.
Most dealers supply the InXTC card (either sim size for the 4.1 or full size for 3.*) with the cam, so if you don't need a card for anything then go for the cheaper version.
Another point with this though, a Dragon can now emulate a well known UK systems hardware, provided it's given a box number. Therefore you would need an additional card slot if you want the pron as well.......
Hope this helps, though I think I've confused myself here!

gov400

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020s
Gibertini OP120 Dish
STAB HH120 MOTOR
My Location
London
i dont actually need the 4.1 dragon then as its only extra mature content. Can the newest dragon files be added to the 3.02

Lutz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax and BTCI boxes
gov400 said:
i dont actually need the 4.1 dragon then as its only extra mature content. Can the newest dragon files be added to the 3.02
Yes they can by means of a Dragon loader card. At the moment the actual soft is 3.12.

gov400

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020s
Gibertini OP120 Dish
STAB HH120 MOTOR
My Location
London
thanks alot on ebay a dragon 3.02 + loader coset 48.50 + 5.50 postage. I think this is good. If u can find cheaper please tell me