dragon cam just in how to use properly

def33

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
have x-cam with loader
dragon cam and xcrypt card
ok just recived one how is it supposed to be set up ?cam in place and loader card do i put the load card in the reciver card slot or do i just use the xcrypt card and only use the loader when i am programing it ,i dont know trying to read about it but not finding to much on it also can u use a loader bourd with it or what

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi def33,
you just update the Predator firmware on the Dragon, using the loader card, and then remove the loader card, as stated in the howto.txt file found in the Predator folder:
You need:
-Smartmouse compatible card programmer
-The dragonload.exe program
-Connect the card programmer to com1 or com2, make sure the programmer is in 6 MHz mode
-Execute "dragonload.exe"
-By pressing the "Settings" button, you can change from com1 to com2
-Press "Connect"
-In the file open dialog that appears, select the firmware you want to load.
-The card will now be loaded.
ALTERNATIVE METHOD
For this method, you need a FUN7 card
Using a suitable program, program the FLASH of the FUN7 card with FUN7LDR.HEX,
and program the EEPROM with predator2XX.bin. Make sure the program you use
handle the large eeprom size of the fun7 card correctly!
END alternative method
Insert the programmed card into the Dragon module. Insert this into a receiver
and turn on the receiver. make sure you are tuned to an FTA channel.
Go to the Common interface menu on the receiver, and select the "Dragon Loader" module.
In the next menu, select "yes, Load module".
Now a menu appears indicating that loading is in progress. To see the actual porgress percentage,
select "refresh". There is no auto-refresh because some receivers had problems with that....
When loading is complete, a menu appears saying "Loading successful". REMOVE the loader
card from the module, and switch off and turn back on the receiver.

You can download your firmware, and other software, from the following site:
_http://www.ucassupport.nl/dragonsupport/english/Software.htm
You program your loader card depending on if it's a Fun 7 or PIC card. But follow the instructions for loading your Cam exactly as failing to do so can result in damage to your Cam.
If you have any more questions please post back.
Best wishes
Mickha

def33

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
have x-cam with loader
dragon cam and xcrypt card
thanks alot really apreciate it

geo.s

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ntl
hi guys can any of you tell me how to use dynamite proggie i am a complete novice and do not know if i need a program or just cas interface 5.1 i paid to get a working card tried to copy it and ruined it could anyone help please would be much appreciated i am totally fed up paying

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi geo.s,
can you please provide more information. Do I take it you have a Dynamite programmer and are trying to use the software from Duolabs, to program a Dragon Loader card ?
If this is the case, it has been discussed before, and from what I can remember, the easiest solution was to use the old Dynamite drivers 2.6, and not the Cas drivers.
But NOSMO KING has provided a step by step tutorial of how to load the Cas drivers:
download software and drivers and make and put on desktop folder re-name to Cas Interface

unzip driver and instal
unzip software and instal

insert usb cable on programmer

it should say found new software and finding drivers
when asked tick
instal from a list of specific location (ADVANCED)
then search for drivers in these locations

tick include this location in search

click BROWSE

click DESKTOP

find Cas Interface folder and click

you should see the drivers

open dynamite

if asked to update driver

close dynamite

remove usb cable from programmer

open dynamite programmer without usb cable

update driver YES

close dynamite
insert usb cable
open and run dynamite programmer

it should work now
If this is not what you are after please post back.
Best wishes
Mickha

KrzysioB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3600IP, MM 1.03, P1.11
Hi, guys,

I'm going to buy Dragon cam or OPOS card. I've got MM already and use FAN 4 in my Echostar 3600IP. So, let me know if having Dragon cam, I have to use some card (let's say FAN 2) inserted to it, or it works without any card inserted. I want to watch CYFRA+ or POLSAT especially.

Thanks in advance, and
Regards...

P.S.
Very interesting and useful forum.

KrzysioB

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi KrzysioB,
Cyfra+ is not currently available on the Dragon, and with the imminent demise of D+, viewing preferences might be limited for a little while. The good news is that the Dragon works perfectly in my Echo 3600, and it can still open a few channels, and hopefully there will be more available soon.
Best wishes
Mickha

KrzysioB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3600IP, MM 1.03, P1.11
Mickha said:
Hi KrzysioB,
Cyfra+ is not currently available on the Dragon, and with the imminent demise of D+, viewing preferences might be limited for a little while. The good news is that the Dragon works perfectly in my Echo 3600, and it can still open a few channels, and hopefully there will be more available soon.
Best wishes
Mickha

Thanks, Mickha,
but please, let me know, if I Dragon has to work with programmed card inserted, as for example (in general) MM has to. Maybe this is a stupid question, though, they say, there's no stupid questions ( :D), but I have to decide: OPOS or DRAGON - you know - budget problem :-ohmy .
And, would you let me know, what is needed to watch Cyfra+ (but without paying fee, of course :D ).

Regards
KrzysioB

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi KrzysioB,
the Dragon Cam works by updating it's firmware, using a loader card, or manually updating the keys, you don't require a card for it to work.
At present the OPOS card can only open cabo 30west and some viaccess 2.4 channels, arabic language and south indian channels, that the Dragon currently can't open, but things change all the time.
The D+ channels on Astra will soon be gone, and so things will change again, it might be wise to wait for a couple of weeks and see what develops, perhaps a new card that will open other satellites might be available. In the meantime you could check out the OPOS site, to see what they might be planning for the future:
_http://opos-card.mine.nu
I am currently using a Dragon Cam, and I am very happy with the performance, and as I am using an Echo 3600, you have no problems with compatibility.
Best wishes
mickha