Dragon Cam & Official Sky Card

CIELO CHIARO

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec
My Location
Great Britain
I was hoping someone could tell me if an official SK*Y Italia card would work in a dragon Cam.I have a friend in Italy who can give me a card and I am not sure if it will work in my receiver.The Cam I have works fine with TPS,Premiere etc.,yet I do not want to buy this card if it does not work in the UK.I know it uses NDS encryption,yet if I bought the dragon Cam in UK,will it read this card.If not,how can I rectify this problem?Thanks

Luke958

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nokia 9500 + echostar AD3000 + 3 Meter motorized dish C/Ku band
My Location
Italy
Hi,
it is some time I do not use the T-rex to view sky but I can tell you that this cam works with the official card. It depends anyway on the software you have loaded into the t-rex (or dragon) you shuold find the predator releases that reads the sky card and program the cam with a CAS interface....
Hope this helps, have a nice day !

CIELO CHIARO

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec
My Location
Great Britain
Luke958 said:
Hi,
it is some time I do not use the T-rex to view sky but I can tell you that this cam works with the official card. It depends anyway on the software you have loaded into the t-rex (or dragon) you shuold find the predator releases that reads the sky card and program the cam with a CAS interface....
Hope this helps, have a nice day !
Grazie,Luke for your help.Not many others seem to have tried this.Apparently,even if you put in a Sk*y card which has expired,it will allow to watch all the Mediaset programmes even when they encrpyt via satellite for viewers outside of Italy.For instance,'Controcampo'on Italia Uno blacks out on a Sunday evening,this may solve the problem.I will try what you say and see how I get on

Luke958

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Italy
Ciao CIELO!!!
Hope this works for you... do not remember the predator version that was working fine with S*K*Y official card... for sure the monthly keys are updated on the card and no problem at all in viewing all the channels on s*k*y bouquet.
Do not really know if you can watch mediaset channels even with an expired card... know for sure that mediaset broadcasts either N*ds and S*eca....
Good luck and hear from you !
CIAO

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
self activation ,in trex does not work in my cam!
only dreambox can do this!
sky italy i have no card,so i cant test it,maybe it is difrent,because,the using,newer os version,then sky uk !

CIELO CHIARO

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec
My Location
Great Britain
Thanks,guys,I will c how I get on.Searching the term' sky card' on Ebay.it shows you just how desirable these 'expired' cards are.Apparently,they must have the s/n 00001 to work and not the latest sky card.Anyway,I am waiting for mine to arrive so I can do a test

CIELO CHIARO

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec
My Location
Great Britain
It works perfectly.If you want to watch Rai1,2,3 and the Mediaset Channels(Italia Uno,Canale 5,Rete 4) without any of the programmes scrambling such as the CL games or GP and sports programmes like 'Controcampo' on Italia Uno,then this is how it was achieved,
P.S.It will also open up a channel called La7
1.You must first have a Dragon/T Rex Cam that can read a Sk*y Italia card(NDS 2).In other words,it must have the appropriate CAID loaded
2.You have to get a hold of a Sk*y Italia card.Just search the term 'Sk*y card' on Ebay Italy.The important thing to remember here is the serial no.of the card has to start with 0001,though the sellers do normally advertise this.It can cost around 20 Euros
3.Just place it into the CAM that has been enabled to read NDS2 and you will find that all the Italian channels above will have ALL their programmes FTA

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Hello CIELO CHIARO and Luke958,

Sorry if this is off topic.
I am trying to buy a Sky Italia Mondo+Cinema and perhaps the Classica channel subscription at a reasonable cost, but no luck so far.
Are there any satellite shops in Italy who might be able to sell me official subscription to the above and ship to the Middle East?
I need a dedicated Sky Italia receiver and smartcard married to the box.
Can you please help by asking around?
Thanks a lot. :)

Luke958

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Italy
HB13DISH said:
Hello CIELO CHIARO and Luke958,

Sorry if this is off topic.
I am trying to buy a Sky Italia Mondo+Cinema and perhaps the Classica channel subscription at a reasonable cost, but no luck so far.
Are there any satellite shops in Italy who might be able to sell me official subscription to the above and ship to the Middle East?
I need a dedicated Sky Italia receiver and smartcard married to the box.
Can you please help by asking around?
Thanks a lot. :)

Hi HB13....
let me check some shops (official s*k*y* resellers) in Milano Area and see what they can do....
Will come back to you as soon as I have news with the address and contact information if there is any possibility...
Take care and good watching...
Luke :toke:;)

Luke958

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Italy
HI HB13....
let me check some resellers in Milano Area .... will come back (n case of positive response) with contact info of the reseller...

Have a great day and SHALOM !

saemoenl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite Installer
My Location
Rovigo, Italy
CIELO CHIARO said:
It works perfectly.If you want to watch Rai1,2,3 and the Mediaset Channels(Italia Uno,Canale 5,Rete 4) without any of the programmes scrambling such as the CL games or GP and sports programmes like 'Controcampo' on Italia Uno,then this is how it was achieved,
P.S.It will also open up a channel called La7
1.You must first have a Dragon/T Rex Cam that can read a Sk*y Italia card(NDS 2).In other words,it must have the appropriate CAID loaded
2.You have to get a hold of a Sk*y Italia card.Just search the term 'Sk*y card' on Ebay Italy.The important thing to remember here is the serial no.of the card has to start with 0001,though the sellers do normally advertise this.It can cost around 20 Euros
3.Just place it into the CAM that has been enabled to read NDS2 and you will find that all the Italian channels above will have ALL their programmes FTA

Mi piace insegnare a me su questo attraverso la mia casa on-line Nome saemoenl @ y. .... c=m. Sono attualmente vivono in Italia.
Grazie
Samuele

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
English only in this section!

Engish soltanto in questa sezione per favore.