sym

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax hci2000
nec mp3
panasonic HDD
My Location
uk london
Can anyone help with my nds setup. I am using a Dragon with latest predator (also have tried many others as per threads before) in conjunction with a Humax HDCI 2000. The nds is current and works in my stb. Yes I have loaded the correct box number in the nds field in debug. Yes the card is up the right way.

The debug says nds card detected. However there is a message saying "not decoding".

From the slide marks it looks like the connectors are lining up ok.

So has anyone else actually got this combo to work ?

Thanx

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Works OK with me using the same setup Using Predator 3.54.

Not sure of the menu you describe using the Debug option, I go to Settings to enter my card number.

Maybe you have a different Predator file?

BTW your thread title mentions Diablo.

Llew

sym

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax hci2000
nec mp3
panasonic HDD
My Location
uk london
llew
thanx for your positive response. I was thinking of an alternative when I titled it ( and whether to change to it) . It is a dragon 4.1 that I have. Yes I set the box number in the NDS field under debug settings ok as you do. Strange that the dragon/predator detects the NDS card but not the decode - don't understand why.
rgds

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
Hi sym

Probably of no importance, but you have to go to the debug option to access settings? I have a separate settings option to get to the NDS field with my Predator version.

Other than that, I can't readily think what the problem is.

Llew

sym

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax hci2000
nec mp3
panasonic HDD
My Location
uk london
Thanx 4 the response llew. Well apart from the confusion added by me in the thread i.e. the fact that I titled it wrongly and the NDS setup not being in debug - I have moved ahead. What I did was to download the latest version of hdf from humax site. Whilst this has still not cured my problem it has improved things. Now when I view the card using the menu with predator358 it says NDS card detected and decoding ok. This is positive but still no s*y. Now which particular version of dra can anyone recommend I use in order to get the channels open ?
Thanx in advance for anyone else's help

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I've changed your thread title to Dragon, maybe helpful in getting further answers.

Seems like everything is as it should be apart from getting a picture - Does it open FTV channels e.g CH4?

Llew

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Have you checked the CAID list, in the Predator you are using, to see if S*y's is actually there, it probably wont be by default, but can easily be added, to any Predator version, using Prededitor or CAID_SHA_Fix.
I think the first version to use this feature was Predator 321, so if you download, and install this file, from satellitekinder.com, it will show if it works, if it does you can then add the requisite CAID to the latest file.

sym

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax hci2000
nec mp3
panasonic HDD
My Location
uk london
llew, mickha
Many thanx 4 your support. I have been using pred358. I shall go and find pred321 as suggested for test tonight. I have already used caid_sha_fix to include:

0961-NDS/VG - s*y uk

Is this the right caid for the job ? also would 0960 be right for hd ?

Can you also confim that the number 0961 is a hex number and can be inserted directly into caid_sha_fix as I have done.

Regards

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
I personally don't subscribe to S*y, so I don't use this feature in the Dragon Cam, but from what I remember, the correct CAID might be 0919, or 0929, I'm not sure but it could be worth trying them.
I think there are about 6 CAID's, that link to this encryption, so you might have to try them all to find the correct one.

sym

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax hci2000
nec mp3
panasonic HDD
My Location
uk london
Well no joy with that combo.
I still get the nds decoding ok but no s*y channels not even channel 4/5.
I added additional caids to 3.21 as requested too. Has anyone else got this receiver / cam / pred combination to work ? This has been a long uphill battle and I am running out of ideas.
http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/images/smilies/smilies/sleep.gif
U-zzz

One final thing I noted is that the nds smartcard screen has a "--- " field which I might infer requires an entry. Playing, reveals any "1" entered in the field returns to the previous menu. Is this field actually used for anything ?

Thanx - its always darkest before the dawn.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
I haven't got a s*y card so I can't make a file to test, but you should get the normal, non premium channels, without the need to pair the cam to the box.
Is your card still working in your digi box ?? You have to return it every 4-6 weeks to get the stay alive signal.
Seeing as the card is recognised you've obviously got it chip facing up, so it has to be the file, or a compatibility issue, but I think others have got it working with the Humax HD receiver.
I have just checked the original Predator 358, by kinkdink, and it seems to contain the correct CAID for S*y.
I have uploaded it on sendspace for you to try:
_http://www.sendspace.com/file/g97xy2