dragon FUn7 not decrypting anything

ciaran

Reaction score
i have sucessfully loaded predator 2.2 onto my dragon cam and this can be seen as loaded in the CI on the STB.

the problem is that i am not getting any channels decryted. i am currently pointing at astra.

is there something else that needs to be done.....ie do i have to manually put keys/hexs/bin files in?

i thought fun7 dragon did all this itself..........am i missing something.

my receiver is a humax 8100.

i know im kinda spamming the board with stupid problems but its doing my head in.

help much appreciated..

dmm

Reaction score
ciaran,

you're nearly there fella - what you need to do now is put the card in the dragon cam - and the firmware must be loaded from the fun7 card to the dragon cam itself (this process is done while dragon cam is inserted in your receivers CI slot)- and then when the firmware is loaded the dragon cam can decrypt cardlessly.

so .....look for the menu option on your receiver which takes you into the CI slot setup / config - when the dragon is inserted with the card inside it you should see "Dragon Load" onscreen - then click OK - it should begin to load the firmware to the dragon - percentage bar will NOT change - you can click "refresh" on the menu to see this - when the process is complete you MAY need to power off your receiver a few times for it to be recognized - but probably should see it first time .......

let us know how you get on ....

ciaran

Reaction score
i have already done all that you have said and downloaded the firmware to the cam and it is registering as predator 2.2 on the reciever......

i removed the card and rebooted several times and still nothing..

should i actually be able to decrypt the channels on astra 1 or 2?

cheers

dmm

Reaction score
CIARAN,

not much at the minute unfortunately - doesnt seem to be a great deal of people out there who have the knowledge or seem to be able to get some frequent updates to the predator - maybe it is tricky to program but Xcam and MAtrix - their programmers are the leaders in the field leaving the Dragon programmers way behind it seems and their cams seem to have updates once a week at least .

If you can see any of the following ..... Taquilla channels, S** News, Canal+, Canal+ ..30, or C+ CINE, CINE FX or C+ Deporte channels on Astra (19.2 E) then you can be sure it's decrypting - predator updates for S** It*ly ((Hotbird 13.0 E) and Conax (Thor 1w) have not been available recently .......

loftyj

Reaction score
Do-not know the Humax, but on Echostar you have to switch the power off the reciver at the plug not on reciver. When initialising set your reciver on a FTA channel, remember once complete to remove card from cam slot.
I recive Taquilla on Astra 1 at 19E,
Am still using Predator 2.19 on my cam only thing missing Sky

ciaran

Reaction score
cheers for the info lads......

i just have to keep at it.

is canal+ available on the astra satellites?

dmm

Reaction score
canal+ spain i think but french version maybe too ....anyone know who official support for dragon is - can anyone confirm it is www.dragonmodule.com - their forum seems to be down at the mo' since several days , silence in the Dragon realm is very unsettling .....