Dragon twin (Firecrypt) - support

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
This is what appears to be a Dragon CAM with secondary sim card type slot, I have one of these on loan complete with loader card - Fun 7 / Galaxy5.

The usual site does not appear to have any info on this model

http://www.ucassupport.nl/dragonsupport

The loader card, while accepting Predator software, does not upload into the CAM

Is it supplied by these people , if not, where do I get info on it ?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi Channel Hopper,
the Dragon Cam has now been renamed to the T-Rex Cam, same Cam and uses the same firmware.
Can you please provide more information on the problems you're experiencing updating the Cams firmware, and did you follow the guide in the howto file in the Predator folder?
The most important thing is to follow the howto.txt step by step when loading your Dragon Cam, as a mistake can damage your Cam.

Make sure your receiver is tuned to a FTA channel, I use BBC world, turn off your receiver.

Insert the programmed card into the Dragon module, chip face up. Insert this into your receiver and turn on the receiver. Go to the Common interface menu on the receiver, and select the "Dragon Loader" module.

In the next menu, select "yes, Load module".

Now a menu appears indicating that loading is in progress. To see the actual progress percentage, select "refresh". There is no auto-refresh because some receivers had problems with that....

When loading is complete, a menu appears saying "Loading successful". REMOVE the loader card from the module, and switch off and turn back on the receiver.

I have an older version of the Dragon Cam without the SIM card, but I have read that if you remove the SIM card first it will program.
I hope this helps.
Best wishes
Mickha

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi n, thanks for the quick reply

Its probably more to do with the programming of the loader, Ive used the Multiprog 1.9 and loaded up the flash7hex and predator321.bin files (should the Galaxy card be set for internal or external EE ?)

The CAM shows up as Dragonload on the receiver menu, but then states 'card does not contain a valid image'.

Any ideas ?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi Channel Hopper,
you choose Ext Eep 1 and use reverse span when you get the choice. If you haven't already done it look for the latest drivers for your programmer as the file is large. There is some information in the howto file on how to load the loader card. I found this, hope it helps:
ELVIS INSTRUCTIONS BY TJ1965

for the older serial "elvis" and definitely for the yellow 3.6 usb "elvis"

using multiprog v1.80 or later !!!

ALTERNATIVE METHOD
For this method, you need a FUN7 card
Using a suitable program, program the FLASH of the FUN7 card with FUN7LDR.HEX,
and program the EEPROM with predator2XX.bin. Make sure the program you use can handle the large eeprom size of the fun7 card correctly!
END alternative method

Insert the programmed card into the Dragon module. Insert this into a receiver
and turn on the receiver. make sure you are tuned to an FTA channel.

Go to the Common interface menu on the receiver, and select the "Dragon Loader" module.
In the next menu, select "yes, Load module".
Now a menu appears indicating that loading is in progress. To see the actual progress percentage,
select "refresh". There is no auto-refresh because some receivers had problems with that....

When loading is complete, a menu appears saying "Loading successful". REMOVE the loader
card from the module, and switch off and turn back on the receiver
Best wishes
Mickha

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
The Multiprog 1.9 has no reverse span within the programme, and I am using the Fun/Amtel section rather than the Megapic/M2/Tit / Dragon/OPOS as it says 'this is not catered for in this version'.

Is this where the newer loaders might help ?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi Channel Hopper,
with my programmer, Infinity/Phoenix USB I program my Fun card 7 as Prussian Card 5 follows.
Load FUN7LDR.HEX into flash
Load predator321.bin into ext EEprom, then a screen appears automatically that gives the option of reverse spanning, this then splits the file into Ext EEprom2 and I can then write.
It is programmed as a fun card, have you got the choice of programming a Prussian Card 5 ? Check your programmers web site to see if it can program a fun card 7.
I'll check back later as I have to go back to work, good luck.
Best wishes
Mickha

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
2 x 24C1024 is supported in the M1.90, but it comes up in the ExtEE setting, and entered manually. No markings for 'Prussian'

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi Channel Hopper,
2x24C1024 appears to be the setting for a Funcard 7, can you please post full details of your programmer and I'll check to see if anyone else has a solution.
Best wishes
Mickha

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Serial port type

From the base , 'Multiprogrammer, Version 3.5, 990903

Has been used to good effect on everything to date, last time it was a titanium card

Looking at M1.90 in closer detail, it has a section onscreen for updates and utilities, but when pressed it comes up '3.06' or something similar

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi Channel Hopper,
I've found a couple of programming tips but I'm not sure if they apply to your programmer.
there are two type of dragonloader cards. The first one was a pic based card (PIC16F84A). The second one, is just a Fun7 (2x24LC1024) and it is marked as Fun7. As an alternative, a standard Fun7 can be used as a dragonloader card.

To program the Fun7 based loader card, or a standard Fun7 card I recomend this way of doing it, since it is the fastest and easiest way of doing it. The best thing is that it also works on the serial version of the programmer, and it takes less than 2 minutes.

Go to the Funcard tab
Give the project a suitable name.
Load the *.dra file as external eeprom.Select EEprom as 2x24LC1024.
Fun7Ldr.hex as Flash (this file is normally distributed with the .dra file).
Leave (or make sure that) internal ee is unticked.
Press program, and wait about two minutes.

If this fails, it is most probably because the loadercard is read protected, and therefore needs to be erased. To do this, tick all three tickboxes for the memory, press erase, and try again.
best regards
TJ

For serial and yellow 3.6 usb elvis programmers

FUN7 for both versions
Use software multiprog 1.80 or later
1 open multiprog 1.80
2 select fun
3 select Ext ee --> 2x 24C1024
4 select and load external eeprom and load firmware dra file Predator x.xx
5 select and load the fun7ldr file to the flash section
6 do not load anything in the internal eeprom section and leave unticked
7 select Program and the card will be loaded , wait until its finished

I have also read that you can use add new project for some programmers, if the .dra file doesn't work use the .bin file, if you're card becomes damaged at any time there are repair files available. Please post back if this doesn't help.
Best wishes
Mickha