Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4gb cpu
win xp
plus
technomate with dragon
My Location
surrey
can anyone help me with loading my dragon cam, when I try to upgrade the software with the loader card, it try's then just kicks out, it will not let me in. any help would be very much appreciated

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi banger,
can you please provide more information, what programmer are you using, and which type of loader card have you got, and have you followed the instructions in the Predator readme file?
Best wishes
Mickha

banger

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4gb cpu
win xp
plus
technomate with dragon
My Location
surrey
I have a dynamite + dragon loader. thanks for any help.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi banger,
you state you have a dragon loader, is this a PIC card or does it have Fun 7 written on it ?
Are you experiencing problems writing to the loader card with your programmer, which programmer drivers are you using and where are you experiencing the problem ?
After writing to the card you must follow the loading instructions exactly.
The most important thing is to follow the howto.txt step by step when loading your Dragon Cam, as a mistake can damage your Cam.
Make sure your receiver is tuned to a FTA channel, I use BBC world, turn off your receiver.
Insert the programmed card into the Dragon module, chip face up. If the Cam is not already in the receiver, insert this into your receiver and turn on the receiver.
Go to the Common interface menu on the receiver, and select the "Dragon Loader" module.
In the next menu, select "yes, Load module".
Now a menu appears indicating that loading is in progress. To see the actual progress percentage, select "refresh". There is no auto-refresh because some receivers had problems with that....
When loading is complete, a menu appears saying "Loading successful". REMOVE the loader card from the module, and switch off and turn back on the receiver.
Please post back with more details of your problem.
Best wishes
Mickha

banger

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4gb cpu
win xp
plus
technomate with dragon
My Location
surrey
yes thankyou, everything done as you suggest, that is what I have been doing for 2 years, but this time, when I click on 'load module' it try to go to the loading screen and just just flashes back to how it was, it does not load anything. Also, without the loader card in, I am unable to access the cam menu.

I have a red dragon loader card, which I think is a fun 7 or similar.

thanks for your help

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
banger said:
I have a red dragon loader card, which I think is a fun 7 or similar.

thanks for your help
No, the red dragon loader is different from a Fun 7 card. This requires the .dra file to program it. Is it possible you have an incorrect file on your loader card.

_stu_

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM7025 + 90cm Fibo Dish with Moteck SG2100A mod + Inverto White 0.3dB lnb + 55cm Philips Gregorian + Stab HH-120 + modded BGSat 0.3dB lnb
My Location
Worcs
banger said:
when I try to upgrade the software with the loader card, it try's then just kicks out, it will not let me in.

My dragon does that too when I come home from the pub loaded :D

banger

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4gb cpu
win xp
plus
technomate with dragon
My Location
surrey
thanks guys. if my loader card is corrupt, can you please tell me how to errase it and load a new file? when I use my dynamite programmer and duolabs software, it only gives one option, which is for the preditor file.

thanks in advance

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi banger,
you can try loading the LOAD2MB file.
_http://www.ucassupport.nl/dragonsupport/english/Software.htm
Taken from another forum:
If you have an older dragon loader card ( which are not marked fun7) then you could select gold card on your programmer and write the 2mb loader to the pic on the card.

Hope it works
Best wishes
Mickha

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
_stu_ said:
My dragon does that too when I come home from the pub loaded :D
So does my server.:D

banger

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4gb cpu
win xp
plus
technomate with dragon
My Location
surrey
thanks Mickha.
I have found that my loader card is a fun 7, it is on the card, is there a way to reprogram this card and get rid of any corrupt files?
MANY THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi banger,
try loading just the FUN7LDR.HEX and writing, as if programming a fun card, and then try loading as normal.
Best wishes
Mickha