DRE Crypt Cam (Platforma DV/HD) in the UK?

Nelbert

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fracarro Penta 85
Cuberevo DVB-S2/T
TM-6800HD
TM-2600 Motor
My Location
Tyne and Wear
Does anyone have any idea where I can get a DRE-Crypt Cam for use with the Russian Platforma DV/HD card?

I don't mind a european retailer if they're reliable and ship to the UK.

I guess the alternative would be a General Satellite HD-9300 receiver.

Had a look at the Moscow resellers but they're only selling as part of a full SAT/Receiver kit or the CAM at the same price as the SAT/Receiver kits. ~£300 which is a bit much. Not to mention it'd be a nightmare asking the mother-in-law to buy a sat/receiver kit and just bring the CAM over. God knows what she'd bring :-rofl2

johnlonghair

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hhumax ftv 5600, with 54oo firmware.
amd athlon 64 bit
My Location
Netherlands
Hello Nelbert,

If your cuberevo supports Cccam emu you probably don't need a dre-crypt cam. The version 2.1.3 of Cccam supports the reading of the Dre-crypt cards with your internal cardreader.

Grtz johnlonghair

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
google for humi satshop - will bring you some german seller website, prices are reasonable I think.

Nelbert

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fracarro Penta 85
Cuberevo DVB-S2/T
TM-6800HD
TM-2600 Motor
My Location
Tyne and Wear
Cheers guys,

Johnlonghair,

CCcam is supported and there is also a firmware from ABCom with DRE support. The problem is the cards are paired with the CAM/ GS9300 Receivers on activation. To register and activate a new card it requires entering a code off a label on the CAM or receiver.

BombedOne,

I came across humi-shop before but got no response from them when asking them about shipping to the UK. They only have the receiver package in stock.

Found a couple of other stores in Germany but the CAM+Card packages were permanently out of stock. :( Not sure if there is a reduction in production as the CAM module packages aren't that easy to find in Moscow either. Plenty of receivers though.

badflyer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s, 1.1m Triax, Stab motor
My Location
Birmingham, West Midlands
Hi All,

Just stumbled across this thread and i kind of need this platforma package asap being as my Russian in laws are here (uk) for the next 2 weeks.

Are all the channels from this package in mpeg4? so a standard DVB-S receiver wound not work?

Also, say i have a DM800 running CCAM, and purchased an official card - would this work?

Thanks

Nelbert

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fracarro Penta 85
Cuberevo DVB-S2/T
TM-6800HD
TM-2600 Motor
My Location
Tyne and Wear
Hi Badflyer,

All the channels in the Platforma DV/HD packages are in MPeg4 over DVB-S2.

Depending what channels you want, there are fta russian channels on Hotbird at 13E. (music, general, news etc.)

There are also quite a few (which are also in the platforma dv package) FTA on 40E, but I have a house in the way so can't see that sat.

You can search lyngsat or kingofsat to search just for the FTA russian language channels and then see what you can pick up.

My understanding from the Platforma card registration site is any card can be used for a new account or a renewal, but the initial account activation requires an ID from the hardware which is the bit I'm having trouble finding as a CAM module.

dishnut

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020 200gb hdd. Wavefrontier T90
several lnb,s,Cas 3, Oslink and lots of other goodies
My Location
outerspace
For now it is only possible to use the general satellite receiver 9300 hd with embedded drecrypt for the version 1.4. Common interfaces are not available anymore. You could try using newcs or oscam. But I doubt if the channels clear. There are people working on this problem so hopefully with the next release off cccam the new card will read also. regards dishnut

badflyer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s, 1.1m Triax, Stab motor
My Location
Birmingham, West Midlands
@Dishnut A quick search on google shows that Dre-Crypt should be supported by CCCam 2.1.3. Are you saying that the platforma card won't work with this emu?