2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
I found this on the DM website. It seems they are taking further action against fake boxes although it doesn't really do anything more than tell you if you have a fake or a real box. It's a plugin that generates a code, you enter the code into the webpage and it displays specific info about your box if its a real one. It seems its just DM600 so far. Does the function remain in other groups images (Gemini / Nabilo / PLi) or are they removing it ?

Authenticity test

The Dreambox has evolved into one of the leading satellite and media receivers on the world market.
Not in the least due to the selection of premium components, stable software and customer-friendly support.
When using a genuine Dreambox, you can rely on knowing that the true promise of the latest functionality, best security and complete support is provided for our product, the Dreambox.
The purchase of a genuine Dreambox gives you the following advantages:

• You are guaranteed to obtain a technologically faultless and tested receiver.
  • You are eligible for customer service by Dream-Multimedia.
  • You benefit from the latest improvements and feature enhancements of the software.
  • You can promptly install all newly issued software updates from Dream-Multimedia on your Dreambox without hesitation.
How can I find out whether my Dreambox is an original?

To verify whether you have a genuine Dreambox, Dream-Multimedia provides a quick and easy online verification, the authenticity test.
On your Dreambox you can find a plugin to generate a verification code. Please enter this displayed code in the field for the authenticity test.

How to run the plugin...
_http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/download/verification-howto.pdf

Authentication webpage...
_http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/authenticity-test

WildBit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-DM800 fixed on 28.2-quad
-DM7020 motorized
-Skystar HD2 motorized
-Cards&Cams&Cas
My Location
Ireland
not sure what impact this is going to have, if any...

A nonymous

Reaction score
Yep that wil stop everybody buying clones :-lmao

If they dropped the prices of their receivers there wouldn't be a need for this as everybody would buy the genuine article :D

Muppets :eek:

I couldn't give a rats arse if my Dreambox is genuine or not as long as it does what is says on the box and lets me watch TV :D

:-beer

Nano

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
You're spot on mate. I really don't see what the idea is really. It aint gonna make any difference to anything.

nyrethym

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC: Q6600 3.4GHz, 2GB RAM, NVidia 8800GTX
LAN, WiFi Edimax.
Running on Win XP and Ubuntu 9.10
Satellite: Standard SKY small, perfored dish pointed at 19.2 East (Provider UPC Direct Slovakia). Twin LNB (was already on the house). I had good reception
My Location
Nuneaton
Guys, today I flashed DM 7025+ with the image from DM multimedia page, but when I press blue button, I cannot see the menu, which I should see by the manual (made for DM600).

Could you advise where could be the problem, please? I bought DM 7025+ from eBay and the seller claim, that the box is genuine. I want to check this and if it's not, just send it back. It's very important to me to check authenticity.

I didn't find any info on the net. All pages say, to follow "easy guide" from Dream Multimedia page, but I cannot, I don't have that option in the menu.

Does anybody have a clue what / how I can do this check?

Many many thanks

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
I believe the idea is to allow people who have purchased a DM as genuine to find out if its a clone. Some clones are just a few quid cheaper than genuine and you think you are getting a bargain. It is possible to get more details from their customer support page or by phone.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
-https://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/contact
-https://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/authenticity-test

On the DM8000 its in the pluging menu.

D

deleted

personally i wouldnt run any software like this on a clone never know what it may write to the chip or sofware !!! As in bricking your clone e.t.c

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southern England
Not been said if its a clone. Bought from E*** but no price mentioned. I see some DM8000 supposedly genuine from Lithuania at £730. I can't find the listing now.