dream stream gemini image

sitja

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital, dreambox 500s using cccam 2.0.9 with gemini 4.2 image
My Location
ireland
hi guys got a gemini image on db500s heard they bad for streaming but can someone let me know if its possible on this imageif so could you give me a few pointers on how to do it?

Pepsimax09

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
Norge
Do you want to stream from DB500S to a pc?

If so you can do it via the web interface on the dreambox. Type in the Ip to your dreambox in your browser window, log on with user and passwrd, and there you can stream channels. You need a prog on you pc though. I am a mac user and I use a browser plugin for VLC. Works well.

Did that answer your question?

PM

Dudden

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB 500-s - 24" iMac - 2.16 Ghz Core 2 - 3 GB ram
My Location
Danmark
Hi,

I'm also a MAC user and trying to work out how the web interface streaming is working! Using gemini 4.6 image on a DB 500-s. Have tried different versions of vlc and vlc browser plugin, but I stil have a black screen! Have also tried other stream/recorder programs, and quality of ts video streams is very poor! Have got the sound working by buying the Apple QuickTime MPEG2 plugin, but struggling with the video.

Have any got a solution to this?

Pepsimax09

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
Norge
What is your network setup? I had problems with this in the beginning. Have you tried to connect mac directly to DB with ethernet cable and stream? I would start there just to make sure there are no problems with the rest of the network such as firewalls or closed ports.

Dudden

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Danmark
I have a Apple Extreme where I use the build-in switch to connect the iMac, the DB and a PC. To connect directly to the DB from the MAC I will have to use a crossed cable??? And is there any firewall in the Apple Extreme and how to disable it? Are you using MPEG Streamclip to record from the DB or VLC?

Pepsimax09

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
Norge
Alright,
No, you don't need a crossed cable between mac and DB. Try direct connection first. If that works for you then your software etc is ok and your issues are probably the network.

I have set up the dreambox to mount my mac mini hard drive so that I can use the remote control to start and stop recording. You can also scheduele, start and stop recording in the web interface.

The 500s is said to have a weak network side to it and this can affect performance. The recordings I make do have occational artifacts.

Pepsimax09

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
Norge
BTW, sometimes when I believe I have set everything up as it's supposed to but it still don't work, a simple reboot of the dreambox have suddenly solved the problem.

It is worth a shot every now and then when youre stuck.

Dudden

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Danmark
Okay... I'll give it a try with the direct connection.

I've read somewhere else if you disable fast channel zap, quality might be better. I've done that and now I can record in iDreamX with no problem, but when I record to my mounted hard drive on the MAC via the Enigma web interface, quality is still bad...