Dreamboc 800 hd se

satnaval

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky dish (dual lnb) with sky tv
My Location
Cheshire
As this is my first post I would like to say hi to everyone and hope that I'm not too troublesome with my questions! I own two dreambox 800 hd se's, both which have an ata (samsung hm501 II)-Internal (500.107gb) hard drive. My first box has crashed, turned it on and nothing! front doesn't eve light up, looks like it has given up the ghost. My question is regarding my other box, everything works perfectly until I need to turn it off. When I switch it back on I can no longer pause the live tv, I cannot record anything until I reformat the hard drive. This of course loses anything that I have recorded, also I have to reload the epg. I swapped the hard drives with the same result. However I shut down the box the result is the same. Could this be something in settings or a software fault? I would appreciate any help that can be given as I cannot use the record facility.
(This did not happen on the box which has crashed)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Hello satnaval and welcome to the forum, I am afraid I am not a DB user so can offer no help assuming you have already checked using the search facility of the forum. I note that you say you are using a DB 800 HD SE and your profile indicates you are watching Sky TV. Should we therefore assume you are using a valid sky subscription card on your setup?

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
and what image are You using ?

A nonymous

Reaction score
Sounds like an image specific problem. I never had that issue with any of mine.

I would suggest using a different image and see how you go from there. You can try using Meoboot or Barry Allen to flash an image to a usb drive first in order to decide which image you like before flashing the new image directly to the box.

Last edited: