BetaMax

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Receiver, Satellite
My Location
Gobal
I hope someone can help me.

I bought a dreambox 500s from someone and followed instructions on someones website to install Gemini 4.50. The box worked fine then in the morning I get the "Adios Amigos" message.

I followed instructions found on the net and made a jtag cable, I connect successfully and was able to complete the "write" option. The progress bar completed all the way to 100% and I got the message that it was successfull. I did not get a power light.

I then connected a null modem cable rs232 and used dreamup software to install Nabilosat image. I got messages from dreamup that it connected successfully to the box and that the box was alive. It also completed the flashing process. But the led light at the front of the box still does not come on.

I connected my ethernet cable and the network light is green. I have tried to connect to the box using http and with the remote control but the box does not seem to be responding. Can anyone tell if I have made a mistake?

Your help is much appreciated.

forhike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500-S
My Location
producing solderles jtags
selector said:
Jtag adapter without soldering for DB500

where did you find that image?

that product is made by me, but i did see that someone did put a nice text al over it... :mad:

_http://www.dreamboxx.se/tmp_forum_posts/test.png

_http://www.dreamboxx.se/tmp_forum_posts/test2.png

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Appears from the watermark that it came from _www.unitedsat.net/, would you like me to remove it?

mag3g

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite
My Location
uk
Where inside the Dreambox 500s does the jtag points connect to .

MaryHinge

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500S
My Location
London
Quick tips for anyone having problems with the DM500 JTAG:

1. Make sure the JTAG cable is below 10cm in length, I had to shorten mine from around 11cm to 8cm to be sure.
2. I couldn't get jtag_windows.exe to work at all, but succeeded with JtagDm500.exe which seems less fussy on the timing for the DM500 power on.
3. Timing of the DM500 power on is critical so get yourself in a postition where you can use a switch to power the unit on, with the switch easily accessible from the computer. I used a switched power extension lead which was perfect. You are going to find it very difficult to get the timing right if you are just plugging the power adapter into a socket or putting the 12v lead in the back of the DM500.
3. You might need to try several times using JtagDm500.exe, this was my experience:
  • The first time it hung at the "download" stage (100% CPU, no progress)
  • The second & third time it came up with an error at the erase flash stage
  • Forth time was successful, note 100% CPU during the download stage is normal.
  • Download stage took approx 20 mins
4. Patience is very important, if you aren't getting anywhere and getting frustrated, give up for the day and try again the next day, use the time to recheck and re-examine the JTAG cable, PC settings etc.

Good luck!!!

ahmed tabit

Reaction score
selector said:
Jtag adapter without soldering for DB500
hi mate where can i get those adopter and how much is it i realy need it one
many thanks mate .
ahmed tabit:-rofl2

xantho

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500A
My Location
Athens
Thank's to everybody here. I have the same problem. So..

I managed to make the JTAG cable. succeded

And finally succeded in connecting with JTAG windows prog.

I understand that we make .bin files with different mac addresses to jtag them. But I can't see how to choose which .bin to write in your Dreambox with JTAG software. Plus, Even this program seems to be uploading something, I can't use DreamUP to flash a new Image afterwards.

What am I doing wrong?

To sum up. How do I select which .bin to "upload" to dm500?

What do I do after a upload the bin? Shouldn't it be ready for an Image Flash afterwards??

Thanks in advance

keany

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500d dual core 3.72
My Location
albania
sorry guys i have a problem same of some other members ..

the flash .. well it come up Dreambox Dm500 board initialize
Flash info. : INTEL Unknown
[dm500] reading CA:ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
[CA] Ho Ho! CloneWARS corrupted bootloader eh?! consider getting a IPBOX!
Readed Config Area
Configuration Area
Mac Address: 00:09:34:aa:0b:cc
Redunderant Mac Address: aa:0b:cc
Tuner Type alps
Mac Address Change Requested

Commit Config Area
Configuration Area
Mac Address: 00:09:34:01:a4:3f
Redunderant Mac Address: 01:a4:3f
Tuner Type alps
Erase Flash done

and thats it .. it will not go any further then that

what can i do ? if i arrive in this mesagge mean that my jtag conections still here are ok ?

forhike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500-S
My Location
keany

test win prog instead the dos prog doesnt support all intel flash ic's,
some boxes use diffrent modells of the flash ic.
if box have unsuported flash easy dos application hangs on flash erase

or else intel flash can be broken

B.R

keany

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500d dual core 3.72
My Location
albania
thanks i have done it througth win program with last bing that users upload here ....one question ...my mac adress its changed now ? when i see in telnet i see my mac 00:09:34......... thats mean my box its genuined now ?

forhike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500-S
My Location
yes your box is is genuine if mac starts with 00:09:34
so you should not have any future problems ;)

forhike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500-S
My Location
JTAG info.

_http://www.dreamboxx.se/forhike/sat/JTAG.pdf

_http://www.dreamboxx.se/forhike/sat/JTAG_2.pdf

asa76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500
My Location
Macedonia
Hello everybody,

I succeded to make an cable - conect the Dreambox to Jtag and flash the receiver. But after that my dreambox is still dead. (tried three times)

Any suggestion?? Thanks

forhike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500-S
My Location
what program are you using and what box do you have, S/T/C?
can you see in program that the flashing is done sucessfully?

sun1983

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
P-4 with PCI SkyBox and TechnoCraft Universal PCI card on ASIASAT3, PAS10, Thiacom3,ST1,NSS 6 and Metabox III and Arion 1700 Multi Card reader/Emulator
My Location
INDIA
Hello,

I had problem with my dream Box 500S and first I tried to repair with RS232 Null modem ( 2-3-2) cable and dreamup will hang with " uploading complete waiting for acknowledgement " then nothing happens.
so after much discussion came to conclusion that i need Jtag this box , I did with all instruction( please see the attachment I did all the steps and it worked till last screen) and before J tag there was red and green light in front , but after J tag only green light .
It was showing progress ( in % ) and finally it says download complete " now you can install Image.

so I tried again dream up with null modem cable but still it hangs at same position !!
When I connect box to TV with AV cable TV dosn'r recognise box
so now what could be the wrong with box ?
try to connect PC-BOX- modem I can not get all green lines so I am not able to communicate with box !!

I need help

the way I did was connect Jtag cable to JTag point in ( 16 round points ,becide comport cable ,on the base plate ) , then switch on pwer > then click on info2 ( for alps ) icon and it startedstep bu step ( see attchment ) till last screen ( when it sayd download 100 % complete , then I started dream Up with null Modem cable ( 2-3-2 ) but Dream up hang just like before J tag. !!! see the screen shot of dream up.
but no result
any new thoughts ?

Attachments

• Dm500JtagAIO.ENG.pdf
    434.8 KB · Views: 1,642

freon

Reaction score
I am sorry, but you did it all wrong. If you get any, any at all responce from DreamUp and Dreambox - there is no need for JTAG procedure. hen you get the mesage "waiting for acknowledge" there is a good boot in the box, but there is something wrong from the buffer... Thry flashing the box with DreamUp version just for Dm500 and change the power supply.

sun1983

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
P-4 with PCI SkyBox and TechnoCraft Universal PCI card on ASIASAT3, PAS10, Thiacom3,ST1,NSS 6 and Metabox III and Arion 1700 Multi Card reader/Emulator
My Location
INDIA
freon said:
I am sorry, but you did it all wrong. If you get any, any at all responce from DreamUp and Dreambox - there is no need for JTAG procedure. hen you get the mesage "waiting for acknowledge" there is a good boot in the box, but there is something wrong from the buffer... Thry flashing the box with DreamUp version just for Dm500 and change the power supply.

HI thanx for reply,

Can you please tell me now what to do step by step?

sorry but im new to this filed. ..

thnax in advance ..

help :-worshipme ...

freon

Reaction score
Try flashing the box with DreamUp version just for Dm500 and change the power supply.

live2dmax

Reaction score
Hi ,
I manage to build my own jtag cable and using dreamflash 0.1 by danmark to reflash the box( I got the finish message).Than when I try to use dreamup I couldn`t turn the box on( using front botton or remote).So I try to use dreamflash again and now I get to 82% and than program close .
What now?What I`m doing wrong?