Dreambox 500 + Netgear Access Point 54G WG602

theharddisk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
still starting out
My Location
Egypt
I was wondering how I would go about to make my dreambox DM500 work wireless with the Netgear Access Point WG602.
Note my Router is a Belkin 108G and there is an option to add wireless bridge mac to it, and the router IP is 192.168.2.1 the DB is 192.168.2.2 subnet is 255.255.255.0 and the nameserver is 192.168.2.1 and gateway is 192.168.2.1
menu2st7.jpg

menukb2.jpg

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Welcome to the forum :)

You may be able to do it with an Ethernet bridge. If you try search you should find some old posts discussing it.

theharddisk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
still starting out
My Location
Egypt
I searched and the WAP has many settings I tried to make it a bridge it didn't work. which is why I want some noob help :)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
All I can tell you is you will need to use some form of port forwarding, there is information on the forum about port forwarding posted within the last couple of months and also previously. Just to clarify you are wanting to connect your DB to the access point via what? what are you plugging into the DB to enable it to connect to the access point wirelessly?

theharddisk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
still starting out
My Location
Egypt
The DB to WG602 (Access Point/Bridge) mentioned above in picture to Wireless Router.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
theharddisk said:
The DB to WG602 (Access Point/Bridge) mentioned above in picture to Wireless Router.

So you are hard wiring your DB to the access point bridge and wishing to connect that to the wireless router?
Sorry for the question but when I google belkin 108G I only get D-link 108G so I was unsure what you have. As I explained I do not have the answer for you apart from knowing that you use port forwarding as I do not have any of the equipment you mention

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
There's no need to configure port forwarding. Have you read the manual for the router and access point?

In the Dreambox communication page you need to set the gateway IP address to the router IP address not the Access Point.

The IP address of the Netgear needs to be on the same range - try changing it to 192.168.2.10

If you're using DHCP (I don't like using DHCP) then you need to set the Netgear to get it's IP address from the router and set the router as a DHCP server.

Also, in picture 1 should the gateway be 192.168.2.1 (the router IP address)?

theharddisk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
still starting out
My Location
Egypt
I will try to do it without DHCP I think maybe it's better, so I know what each IP is for each machine permanently. I will do that and let you know what occurs. I didn't thank you guys for the advice you've given me, really appreciate it :D Be sure that once I get used to this device and know all the quirks I will also contribute any knowledge I might find useful.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Good luck :)

If you have a laptop connect it to the Netgear when testing. Removing the Dreambox from the loop will make it easier to setup - once the laptop (or PC) can connect to the Internet via the Access Point it should (in theory) be easy to connect the Dreambox to the Access Point and access the Internet.

theharddisk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
still starting out
My Location
Egypt
I got it working finally, by using WEP between the router/bridge, and not setting up DHCP. What's interesting is that the belkin router doesnt let my wireless laptop run in non-dhcp mode... :) but that's not a problem, the DB is now running smooth as ever :)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Good to hear that you got there in the end :)

bary

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox
My Location
egypt
Hey
I just wanted to ask a couple of questions please. are u subscribed with any of the people who set up the dream box or u made it on your own? which channels are you watching?

cheers,
Amr