Dreambox 500 - Plz Plz Plz Help

Shery32

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a SkyStar card and I just ordered a USB card to use it on my laptop. Thanks
My Location
USA
Hi there,
I have a prob that I can not solve.
The picture attached.
Does any one know how to solve this?

I tried using cross cable but it didnt work,
I'm using Windows Vista and I connected it using DCC280 - FLASHWIZARD 6.3 - and DreamUP but Non of them worked :confused

One of the messages I got is that the pass and user name are not correct. Plz Help

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC00005.JPG
    DSC00005.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 57

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 35 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum Shery32

Having read your first post I have to admit I am confused, you have entitled the thread Dreambox 500 - Plz Plz Plz Help and posted in the dreambox forum, your profile indicates a skystar and the picture indicates not a lot to me, so what is the question actually about?

A nonymous

Reaction score
I'm only guessing at this so feel free to batter me down if its wrong :D

Do you know for a fact if your 500 is definitely a 100% genuine pukka Dreambox 500 and not a clone.
The Gemini team did something in version 4.3 that would prevent 500 clones from accessing the menu at the blue button. I never saw it but it could be what is happening there :eek:

I would suggest installing another image using Dreamup. I only use ver 1.3.2.1 with my Eagle which is essentially a 500s clone box. :-doh!

SIF, Nabilosat and Nemesis are all good images on the 500 and 500 clones. Unless you are definitely 100% sure your box is Genuine Do not put any version of Gemini newer than 4.2 :-righton

I only ever use my Eagle 500s now for testing and FTA stuff off 28.2e. Its definately not a very good box in my opinion although i can see the attraction in them before this software came out.

:-cheers

Nano

A nonymous

Reaction score
Yep i was right. Checked over on IHAD and its the timebomb again :-Nooo

If your box is still working flash it with something else before its too late :-ohcrap

:-cheers

Nano

Shery32

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a SkyStar card and I just ordered a USB card to use it on my laptop. Thanks
My Location
USA
Hey all,

Topper
Well, I got SkyStar but I got tired from updating the keys every now and then and it takes a lot of time to search... :)

thanks for the gr8 help and efforts, I got my dreambox fixed
I took it back to where I bought it and they flashed it as they changed the pass and I couldn't find out what it is.

nanochickin
I have an image but I'm not sure how it will work or if it will damage my dreambox all over again, Is there a way to make sure the image works 100%?

I'm new at all this, sorry for asking a lot of questions at once