Dreambox 500 - Plz Plz Plz Help

Shery32

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a SkyStar card and I just ordered a USB card to use it on my laptop. Thanks
My Location
USA
Hi there,
I have a prob that I can not solve.
The picture attached.
Does any one know how to solve this?

I tried using cross cable but it didnt work,
I'm using Windows Vista and I connected it using DCC280 - FLASHWIZARD 6.3 - and DreamUP but Non of them worked :confused

One of the messages I got is that the pass and user name are not correct. Plz Help

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC00005.JPG
    DSC00005.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 57

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum Shery32

Having read your first post I have to admit I am confused, you have entitled the thread Dreambox 500 - Plz Plz Plz Help and posted in the dreambox forum, your profile indicates a skystar and the picture indicates not a lot to me, so what is the question actually about?

A nonymous

Reaction score
I'm only guessing at this so feel free to batter me down if its wrong :D

Do you know for a fact if your 500 is definitely a 100% genuine pukka Dreambox 500 and not a clone.
The Gemini team did something in version 4.3 that would prevent 500 clones from accessing the menu at the blue button. I never saw it but it could be what is happening there :eek:

I would suggest installing another image using Dreamup. I only use ver 1.3.2.1 with my Eagle which is essentially a 500s clone box. :-doh!

SIF, Nabilosat and Nemesis are all good images on the 500 and 500 clones. Unless you are definitely 100% sure your box is Genuine Do not put any version of Gemini newer than 4.2 :-righton

I only ever use my Eagle 500s now for testing and FTA stuff off 28.2e. Its definately not a very good box in my opinion although i can see the attraction in them before this software came out.

:-cheers

Nano

A nonymous

Reaction score
Yep i was right. Checked over on IHAD and its the timebomb again :-Nooo

If your box is still working flash it with something else before its too late :-ohcrap

:-cheers

Nano

Shery32

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a SkyStar card and I just ordered a USB card to use it on my laptop. Thanks
My Location
USA
Hey all,

Topper
Well, I got SkyStar but I got tired from updating the keys every now and then and it takes a lot of time to search... :)

thanks for the gr8 help and efforts, I got my dreambox fixed
I took it back to where I bought it and they flashed it as they changed the pass and I couldn't find out what it is.

nanochickin
I have an image but I'm not sure how it will work or if it will damage my dreambox all over again, Is there a way to make sure the image works 100%?

I'm new at all this, sorry for asking a lot of questions at once