Dreambox 500-S

bremze

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500 with Hydra image
Hi everyone,

I am planning to buy Dreambox 500-S. Is it almost the same as 7000-S only without HDD possibility? Does it have the same EMUs etc. as 7000? Can I open the same many channels with it?

How about video quality, comparing to Samsung 9500 (I have it right now)? I have seen one complaining about it.

Is there anything that I WILL NOT get if I replace my Samsung with Dreambox 500-S?

Thanks!

dasteelman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm transparent dish
85cm Penta Dish (motored)
Black Ultra LNB
VU+Solo
VU+Duo
technomate 9100 linux
Quali-TV (4:2:2)
Eaglebox
UK nds card
My Location
Tyne and Wear
Is it almost the same as 7000-S only without HDD possibility? - that is correct. also does not have any CI slots.

Does it have the same EMUs etc. as 7000? - Yes, you can use the same Emus etc, However You will only be limited to one or two emus stored on the limited hd space.

Can I open the same many channels with it? - absolutly

How about video quality, comparing to Samsung 9500 (I have it right now)? I have seen one complaining about it. - Video quality is as good as any reciever I have had

Is there anything that I WILL NOT get if I replace my Samsung with Dreambox 500-S? - I dont know about samsung, but for the money of a 500s..its a BARGAIN, as I said NO HDD, NO cam slot, but this means slightly more inconvenience, thats all.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Compare the specs far more carefully.

Compared to the 5620 (and the 7000) it has less memory, (no USB port), only one SCART socket, (no CF slot), (only one card reader), (no HDD capability) and no CI slot.

Don't know how this stacks up against your Samsung.

The 500S is a great little box, but for a little bit more you can have a serious piece of kit in the 5620.

Check them out here :-

_http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/Bereiche/Produkte/DM500_featurelist.php

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
bremze said:
Hi everyone,

I am planning to buy Dreambox 500-S. Is it almost the same as 7000-S only without HDD possibility? Does it have the same EMUs etc. as 7000? Can I open the same many channels with it?

How about video quality, comparing to Samsung 9500 (I have it right now)? I have seen one complaining about it.

Is there anything that I WILL NOT get if I replace my Samsung with Dreambox 500-S?

Thanks!

As BeGonnaStick says the 5620 is a great box. I have used them, and would reccomend them to a beginner in the dreambox section. Bet when you get it and after a few weeks you will want to upgrade. So weigh up all your options before you decide.