Dreambox 500s - keys download problem

vlb_pds

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500
My Location
uk
I have purchased a new dreambox 500s and trying to upload emus. I used DCC to load emus I can see them loaded onto dreambox on pc but can not see anything on tv screen using remote control and going into blue button options and clinking on addons var/etc…. Before and after loading I checked the hardisk space of dreambox and it also decreased when I loaded them. After reading further suggestions on internet I downloaded UltraEdit and used but had the same results as DCC.

There is no option for emu in blue button option in my dreambox. What I need to do please. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
I guess you're still using the original dream image ?
go and find one of the alternative images such as gemini or pli, (for DM500s) and install one of these on your dreambox. A world of difference will be opened to you (but make sure you read all the dummies manuals first before flashing your dreambox !)

vlb_pds

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500
My Location
uk
Gemini 2.9.0. is installed on my dreambox. For installing new image, which one would be the best. From where I could get the dummies manuals.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Have you had a good look around the Dreambox section? If you had you would find The Guide.

You can't download keys from the blue button, only emus.

Newer images can be downloaded from i-have-a-dreambox.com

Also see the "Usual Places" thread.

And welcome to the forum :)

v9oly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500S & 7020s. Technomate 9100 & 1500. Force frontier fixed, Raven 90 fixed, Triax 90 motorised dish. Diablo & dragon cams.
My Location
South West
What format are the emus in ? .tar.gz are easiest, tmp folder the manual install.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
vlb_pds said:
Gemini 2.9.0. is installed on my dreambox. For installing new image, which one would be the best. From where I could get the dummies manuals.

I wouldnt upgrade to a new image yet, try to get to know your image and what it can do. When you have everything going and feel that you need to upgrade and know how to do it, then go ahead. Use flash wizzard pro to upgrade your image.