Dreambox 500s - no service searching menu

karant

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite setup
My Location
Melbourne, VIC
Hi Friends, I bought a used Dreambox DM-500S from ebay and trying to use it. The SERVICE SEARCHING menu is not showing in the SETUP menu.

I uploaded different type of firmware (PLi and Gemini ) and updated online as well but no luck at all. I tried original firmware from dreambox website as well but it doesn't work in the box and no output at all. Then I had to use the null cable (RS-232) to upload either PLi or Gemini firmware to get the output atleast. Can you please help how to fix this issue, Kindly advice me from your experience.... it is ..:-ohcrap

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I think more details are required for example what sat you are trying to catch?, what dish size you have?, how you have aligned the dish to the desired satellite.

karant

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite setup
My Location
Melbourne, VIC
I don't think so my question depends on the dish or satellite alignment, anyway I am using 85cm dish to catch Ku band signal. The issue is - there is no "Service Searching" menu/option in the "Setup" menu.

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ duo with a 300gb hdd also dm500 and tecnomate 5200 with a 1m and 1.1m motorized dishes and minidish fixed to 28.2
My Location
Belfast
karant said:
Hi Friends, I bought a used Dreambox DM-500S from ebay and trying to use it. The SERVICE SEARCHING menu is not showing in the SETUP menu.

I uploaded different type of firmware (PLi and Gemini ) and updated online as well but no luck at all. I tried original firmware from dreambox website as well but it doesn't work in the box and no output at all. Then I had to use the null cable (RS-232) to upload either PLi or Gemini firmware to get the output atleast. Can you please help how to fix this issue, Kindly advice me from your experience.... it is ..:-ohcrap

You have bought a broken dreambox from ebay i would suggest you get back onto them for a refund m8. the only way to fix this is to buy a new board for the 500.I have seen this many times with the dm500

pacmyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 7000S
Project Gemini 4.40
Nabilosat Darkstar II
My Location
Stockholm
I had the exact same problem with a Dreambox 528 s clone from DX.
See the thread here http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/...ealextreme-no-service-searching-option-2.html

I fixed mine for a few $. It was a broken coil. After replacing the coil the service searching option came up right away. Messing around with different images is just a wate of time.

Dissassemble the dreambox and take a good view of the motherboard, if you r lucky (like I was) it will be visible what component is fawlty.

Search the forum for schematics of your motherboard to check the specs of the broken component,
See my thread.
Good luck.