Dreambox 500s noob question

durden267

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
England
I currently have a $ly+ Box and am a subscriber to $lys basic package. I'm in the market for a Dreambox 500s as my friend has the cable version and it is rather good. would get one myself but my house isn't cabled up. Anyway, my question(s) is/are this. How do i view 'all' channels on my soon-to-be-aquired- DB? Do i need my $ly card. I've read in the tuts and am aware of images(gemini, hydra) and cams(new camd etc) but cant quite put it all together and help would be greatly appreciated as im sure this must seem a common if not trivial question for all the great minds out there!

Many thanks in advance

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You dont view all the Sky channels. Even with the DB wonder box, via satellite you get whatever package you have subscribed to. Nothing more.

ElRazur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Looking to buy a Dreambox soon.
Humax 9200t
My Location
London UK
Analoguesat said:
You dont view all the Sky channels. Even with the DB wonder box, via satellite you get whatever package you have subscribed to. Nothing more.

Hello there. I am interested in doing this kind of setup too. However am planning on getting two - one for sat and one terrestial. cable talk removed.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
There is no cable talk allowed on the forum. Please read the rules.