Dreambox 500s

vodas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
kaone
My Location
Lancashire
Hi everyone!!
Does anyone know if i will still need to enter keys if i use a dreambox 500s with my dish if i want to hispasat channels or any other satellites channel like hotbird etc?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It will depend on which image you install and which addons/plugins, some will fetch the keys automatically. Have your read the Idiot guide?

vodas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
kaone
My Location
Lancashire
no i haven't read the idiots guide yet. Im not that good with satellite stuff, but i was thinking about buying a Dreambox 500s and i don't know what i need for it. i have a dish and a Kaon set box but get tired of looking for the keys and wanted to know what better but not so complex options are there

billnot

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 3,1, IP9000HD plus other FTA and Linux boxes - Astra 1&2, Hotbird, Hispasat
My Location
Benitachell, Alicante, Spain
Vodas, rolfw has put it very politely as the boss around here, but I really would suggest you read (maybe even download) the Idiot's Guide very thoroughly.

I did when I first got my Dreambox. It's a very thorough document, and a credit to its authors. Reading it saved me from asking a few questions to which the best reply would have been RTFM.

vodas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
kaone
My Location
Lancashire
Ok, thanks billnot i will do that