Dreambox 5620 with MOTECK 2100A DISH MOTOR

rleone

Reaction score
Help..at long last I have installed the motor with the dish this weekend..
I have a small problem I cant get the motor to work, the LED is on..
When I goto the Motor Menu on the DB then to drive the motor east or west the motor wont move..
I have double checked the cables and all is ok.
If I press the button on the motor it moves..

I have disconected the LNB from the motor, and guess what go back to the DB and the motor moves..
By the way the LNB works fine and I have tryed another one aswell.
Could the motor or the DB be at fault ?
Any ideas ????

many thanks..
Richard

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Im sure you will get a reply soon as quiet a few here have the moteck motor with the dreambox. Always something going on with the moteck. Have a look through the forum with the search function and you might find a answer to your problem. John

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Does it move when you select "drive to zero"?

Welcome to Dreambox hell ;)

freddy

Reaction score
sounds like the LNB (type?) or the lead from motor to LNB.
For example when you put a meter between LNB & motor,the motor wont move, --Hope this helps Regards

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I can't think of a reason why the motor would move without the LNB but won't when connected. Just check something, move the motor to a sat and then try to connect the LNB and see if you get reception for channel in H and V.
Maybe that will give us more information.

rleone

Reaction score
Hi all,
at long last I had some time to see what is going on with my motor.
I even re flashed it with a new image.
Right the motor works fine without the LNB pluged in ! when you goto the motor menu the motor works very happy..drives to 0 ect...and the green led is on showing theres power going into the motor and changes to yellow when data is being received ok and then goes back to green....
the problem is when you plug the LNB into the motor, the green led comes on for a few seconds then goes off ! and it stays off, untill the DB is switched off and on again.
I have tryed another LNB and the same thing happens.

Could the 13V/18V at 500mA of the DB be too low to drive the motor and the LNB together ?

many thanks.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
I have a 5620 with the same motor, so it can't be the combination. Still think it is either an LNB or cable problem.
What image are you using?

rleone

Reaction score
Hi there,
At the moment Hydra Phoenix 1.08 and have also tryed SF Team image, it can't be the cables as I have made new cables up, and have the motor indoors ,as I got p**ed off in keep going indoors then out again.
But the motor works fine without the LNB !
please someone point me in the right area. as iys driving me nuts...

freddy

Reaction score
Hi Rleone,
if you have chaged all cables and tried a different LNB then it looks awfully like either, motor ps, or drembox ps, problem. Do you have anouther receiver you could try?
regards

rleone

Reaction score
Hi there.
well it cant be the motor as I ordered another one and it does the same thing.. :-(

I have a sat card in my PC but havent tried the motor with it yet.. but I think it must be the 5620 at fault..as I have tried many images and ha no luck.. so it must be something with the 13V-18V !

T_G
Hi m8, can you tell me what image you are using with your 5620 ?
Thanks.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I use Gemini images. I got some problems at times where the motor won't move, what I do is flick through the channels until finally the motor moves. Usually it is ok.

rleone

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have tried the Moteck motor and LNB with my PC satellite card and it works !
So my 5620 must have a fault with it as it can't work with the motor and LNB together ! Any ideas where I can send the box to have it fixed as its out of the 12mths warranty.

Many Thanks

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, I would not jump to conclusions yet. First of all now you know that the LNB and Dish are ok. For instance , it could be that your satellites.xml is funky, or some other setting.
Before sending it back load up the latest original dreambox software. Don't load up any backed up channel lists in case there is a problem with it.
Then set the Dreambox to " many satellites via diseqc Rotor"
Also, press in the same menu on the yellow "new" button and add all the sats until there are no more to be added. Press save.
Set your diseqc settings and then go and try to get the motor to move to 19 east and see what happens.Also try 13 east and do some channel scans.

Let us know if it made any difference.

rleone

Reaction score
Hi T_G,
many thanks for all the tips, but I'm still having problems with the motor, all works without the LNB pluged in, but it works fine with my satellite card in the PC.
I downloaded an original image version 1.06, and its the same !
So now I am thinking it must be the box,I maybe thinking in buying an other box maybe a TM 1500 CI as it cheap.

Richard.

rleone

Reaction score
Hi all,
right I need to send my 5620 for repair, I had a quote for £96+VAT from SMS to repair my 5620 which I think is too much. As I only paid £165 for it just over a year ago.
Anyone know's where I can send it to be repaired, as I would like to keep my 5620.

Many Thanks
Richard

thomaz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500 1meter dish motor advent 7017 laptop
My Location
s.o.t
just like to add have you set your motor up in sateillite configurations to many satuillites via disequc rotor? how to do menu/setup/service serarching/satuilllite configuration/in the top bar press ok here is were you change your motor settings just a thought

rleone

Reaction score
Yes, have done all of that , the motor and the lnb works fine in my PC sat card..I have now brought a technomate 1500CI and it all works 100%.
The problem with the 5620 I have got the motor works fine without the lnb pluged in.
So it must be the unit at fault.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Did they tell you what was wrong with it? There is a post on sat-dudez that talks about replacing a resistor on the board if you have motor problems...

Does "drive to zero" work? What is the voltage output from the back of the DB?

Also, FYI

satdudez.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23758

rleone

Reaction score
Hi all,
where can I get a new power supply for my DM 5620 or what do I need to repair the power supply as it won't drive a motor with a LNB together.

Many Thanks
Richard.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Have you looked in Argos or fleabay (you mean the external power supply?)?