Dreambox 5620s...says Reboot In Display

headsat

Reaction score
hI FELLOW DREAMERS, NEED YOUR HELP.
DREAMUP SOFTWARE ON P C SCREEN, BUT NULL MODEM LEAD CANNOT CONNECT,,TO ENABLE A REBOOT,
BOX ONLY CRASHED LAST NIGHT, I NEVER HAD TO REBOOT BEFORE!!
Any alternatives for to reboot apart from null lead.???
Regards,
HEADSAT:)

suro

Reaction score
First you need to turn off your caps lock key before posting, second rephrise your question cause i haven't understood anything you've said what do you need?

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi Headsat,

Like Suro your post has me puzzled.
The Null-Modem lead is used to install a new image not to re-boot!!
If your box still responds to the remote then press and hold the On/Off button until a menu panel appears on screen...select Reboot..press OK and away it goes.

If not then press and hold all three buttons on the front of the Dreambox until the Re-boot starts.

If that also fails then the only thing left is to unplug the Dreambox from the mains electricty supply.....wait a few seconds and plug in again.

Hope this helps?

73 & good luck.

headsat

Reaction score
Hi Suro/td03-5,

Sorry, i will recap.
My box is 5620s.
I boubht a week ago,i used the existing enigma software that was on the box and managed to store a few satellites,and all was ok till 2 nights ago.The box display now says 5620....reboot...endlessy...Turning on and off box does not clear the display,or reboot the system.,and remote has no affect either.
I read somewhere that a "flash eraze" might clear this problem,to enable a reboot.
I downloaded "dreamup" software to my P.C(WINDOWS 98).Iconnected dreambox to the P.C. with a serial null modem female to female lead,set to com 1.(which is the only com port selectable, and hit connect.
My problem is that it will not connect.I have tried a second lead in case first one was faulty, but to no avail.
Is there any other way of rebooting, or is it off to the repair shop.???
Thanks for any further suggestions.!!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Headsat
Please check the following: The dreambox needs to be disconnected from ALL cables, network, lnb, everything other than the NullModem Cable.
With the dreambox not connected to anything other than the nullmodem, not even the power cable, open the dreamup5620 prog and press "connect". Then the status will say: "Connection preperad, now switch on the dreambox"
You do that and then you should see progress. Then you should be able to put in a new image onto your box. And while you are at it, why don"t you try some of the improved images like Gemini or Hydra???

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi headsat,

No, it's nowhere near needing the repair shop yet.

Let's try the 'flash erase' first.
Unplug the Dreambox from the mains, wait a few seconds then plug it in. As soon as you have plugged it in press and hold in the Up & Down buttons on the front of the Dreambox. Keep them pressed until the LCD display says 'Flash erase' and then release them. If this works successfull then when box has booted it will ask for input of all the settings again (TV system, language, sat settings etc.). After this a sat scan must be done. Then it should work again!

However if flash erase does not work do not give up hope.

Back to DreamUp.
First, have you got the correct version for the 5620?
If yes then follow this procedure:-
1. Unplug Dreambox from mains supply.
2. Connect Dreambox and PC via Null-Modem cable (make sure it is a Null-Modem cable with the appropriate cross over on TX/RX and the other links).
3. Close all other programs and then start DreamUp on the PC.
4. Click the 'Connect' button on DreamUp.
5. Plug in the mains supply to the Dreambox.
6. Wait for the 'Connection established' message in the DreamUp info panel.
7. Click the 'Flash' button on DreamUp and Browse to the image you wish to install (Make sure it's a 56xx image) and select it.
8. Follow the prompts to install the image slowly to the Dreambox.
9. IMPORTANT: Do not start any other programs on the PC while this install is in progress!
10. When install is finished it may be best to reboot (3 buttons) and do a flash erase, then enter all settings.

Hope this helps?

Let's know how you get on?

73 & good luck.

headsat

Reaction score
T_G said:
Headsat
Please check the following: The dreambox needs to be disconnected from ALL cables, network, lnb, everything other than the NullModem Cable.
With the dreambox not connected to anything other than the nullmodem, not even the power cable, open the dreamup5620 prog and press "connect". Then the status will say: "Connection preperad, now switch on the dreambox"
You do that and then you should see progress. Then you should be able to put in a new image onto your box. And while you are at it, why don"t you try some of the improved images like Gemini or Hydra???

Thanks for info T_G,
Ihave tried all in vain,perhaps, I should get another lead from a dreambox shop.Where did you get yours, and have you the exact name of this cable.I have been told by a local computer repair shop that my lead is a null modem female/female.
i'm lost at this stage, maybe if i bring box to this computer repair shop, it may be the best course of action at this stage.one last comment ,when i was connecting the lead to the dreambox, only with connection to the P.C at that stage i noticed a slight sparkwhen connecting... is this static??
Regards,
Headsat

headsat

Reaction score
td03-5 said:
Hi headsat,

Unplug the Dreambox from the mains, wait a few seconds then plug it in. As soon as you have plugged it in press and hold in the Up & Down buttons on the front of the Dreambox. Keep them pressed until the LCD display says 'Flash erase' and then release them. If this works successfull then when box has booted it will ask for input of all the settings again (TV system, language, sat settings etc.). After this a sat scan must be done. Then it should work again!

Back to DreamUp.
2. Connect Dreambox and PC via Null-Modem cable (make sure it is a Null-Modem cable with the appropriate cross over on TX/RX and the other links).
7. Click the 'Flash' button on DreamUp and Browse to the image you wish to install (Make sure it's a 56xx image) and select it.
9. IMPORTANT: Do not start any other programs on the PC while this install is in progress!
10. When install is finished it may be best to reboot (3 buttons) and do a flash erase, then enter all settings.

Hope this helps?

73 & good luck.

Hi td 03-5,
Many thanks for your response, regretfully I seem to have eliminated all your suggestions....please see my reply to T-G, who also came to my rescue,It must be a faulty lead!!!
Kind regards,
Headsat

-

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Well, I just went to a nearby shop that sells any electrical equipment and just asked for a "Null Modem Cable". Being in Germany it won't help much if I tell you which shop it was. But I suppose if you go to a place like PC Whorehouse or any similar you will be getting a correct cable.

headsat

Reaction score
T_G said:
Well, I just went to a nearby shop that sells any electrical equipment and just asked for a "Null Modem Cable". Being in Germany it won't help much if I tell you which shop it was. But I suppose if you go to a place like PC Whorehouse or any similar you will be getting a correct cable.
Thanks,T_G,
I got a new lead and its working!

headsat

Reaction score
td03-5 said:
Hi headsat,

Back to DreamUp.

Hope this helps?

73 & good luck.

HI td03-5,
Many thanks for your assistance, I got a new cable, and all is ok for present,i have connection and put a new image 1.06 on .
Regards,
Headsat