cdpdesign45

12 mth. Down time DB7k!!!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
athlon XP 3200+, 1054mb Ram, 500gb SATA (300 & 200) DB7k, diseq 1.2 & 80cm dish
My Location
Bridlington, E. Yorkshire
john_graydon said:
No not the same, it goes from your serial port to the port at back of db. Like rs cable but wont do the same job, must be null.

I think I understand what you mean; Basically I need a cable to go from the rs232 port on the Back of the DB to the serial port on the Pc. I take it that this needs to be a Twin Male lead. Should this just be a straight cable connecting the two machines together? I have searched on E-Buyer for "Null modem Cable" and it Brings up "Null Modem DB25 to DB25 (Ebuyer Quick Code 34716) Which I think is the wrong one as it has the incorrect sockets on the ends. Can you please advise me where I can get the necessary cable (preferably from E-Buyer)

When I have got the cable, what process do I follow to repair the DB?

Thanks,

Charles.

djlemur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
cdpdesign45 said:
...what process do I follow to repair the DB?
For a pictorial FAQ visit www.dm7000.com, where dream have a step by step account with lots of pics to help you on your way.

BTW, If you leave the box connexcted to the network AS WELL AS the null modem cable, the whole process only takes a few mins :)

cdpdesign45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Thanks to you all for your help

I've isolated the cable to being the "old" cable that you used to use in windows 98 when youi performed a direct cable connection to transfer info between two pc's... I could kick myself as I've only recently thrown one out thinking I would never need it again! I've had to order one from EBuyer, and with next day delivery it's cost me £13!!! C'est La Vie!!!

Thanks again,

Charles.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
cdpdesign45 said:
Thanks to you all for your help

Charles.

To add to earlier:

I put Hydra Lucien on last night, since it is the latest Hydra
It is much easier to see which encryption is being used.

The menus are a bit diferent from earlier Hydras so explore all the coloured buttons. Softcam settings on blue and keys are on green I think.

On first shot, I got a failure on Mary's keysd download so I cleared decks and reflashed and got keys before doing anything else. That then worked. Its also best to update Hydra control panel. With Mary's of 06.10, I do notice that I dont have the TPS Star (which does Engl foot) and other TPS cine, altho all MVs are there. Can anyone confirm that all TPS should be cleared?
I think I will go back and read the thorough idiot's guides of T_G again . . . . being an idiot.
I clearly havnt set softcams up right because the select softcam menu isnt working inside the blue button.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
haggard said:
To add to earlier:

The menus are a bit diferent from earlier Hydras so explore all the coloured buttons. Softcam settings on blue and keys are on green I think.

On first shot, I got a failure on Mary's keysd download so I cleared decks and reflashed and got keys before doing anything else. That then worked. Its also best to update Hydra control panel. With Mary's of 06.10, I do notice that I dont have the TPS Star (which does Engl foot) and other TPS cine, altho all MVs are there. Can anyone confirm that all TPS should be cleared?
I think I will go back and read the thorough idiot's guides of T_G again . . . . being an idiot.
I clearly havnt set softcams up right because the select softcam menu isnt working inside the blue button.

Thats what was doing my nut in because i thought i done everything right by FTP, got multivisions but no TPS. Only tried now to see if i have Kiosk on Thor .8w and not clearing either.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
haggard said:
To add to earlier:

Hehehe As Head Idiot of the Dreambox section I award Haggard with a special "Honest Idiot Award of the week" :)

Regarding the Hydra and keys: From my experience with Hydra images you need to
1) load the image,
2)then flash erase.
3)After that get the communication set up.
4)Then download the latest Hydra Control center. That will make sure you get all the latest EMUS more than anything else.
5) Reboot the box
6)Then use the AU Key updater. This should make sure you get TPS.
7) Don't forget to put in your dreamboxedit settings as well

I must admit I haven't used Hydra for a while as I am on the Terminator, but that order sort of worked all the way up to Olympia or Achilles. And in any case you can't go wrong with this.

Question for all you DB7000 users: Has anyone tried the I-Have-A Dreambox own 7000 image? From what I understand this is a stable image, I am courious to know how it compares to the Hydra.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
I tried that site just a while ago, but i think it was in german.Couldnt find any links to English. Im going to do another yet again image. Will try doing as you suggested..
This is what i have done so far to get TPS..Rsakeylist to var/scce then chmod to 755. newcamd ppc renamed to newcamd to var/bin folder then chmod to 755. file betad.dream renamed to betad to var/bin folder then chmod to 755. Cardserver.dream renamed to cardserver to var/bin then chmod to 755. newcamd.conf to var/tuxbox/config. cardserver.cfg to var/tuxbox/config. All from newcamd 5.21 latest folder. restarted dreambox and still no TPS @13e or Kosk @ .8w. When i press blue button i get NEWCAMD CARDSERVER 5.10 , SCAMXXX, videotex , stop & start nagrab recording. Think im missing something here??

djlemur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
T_G said:
From my experience with Hydra images you need to...
That is near enough what I did when upgrading from Olympia to Lucien.
(Is it me or is the Lucien loading screen naff?)

After 4) all you need to do is come right out of the menu system, rather than a reboot :)
Then grab Marys Key Bundle, one of the SoftCam.Key files and any new emu's that you require.
Then update keys via the keyfile updater to get the latest...
[Newcamd 5.20/1 clears MV, TPS and Kiosk]

cdpdesign45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
T_G,

Can you advise me whigh is the most stable image to use for the DB7000.... I've got the null modem cable coming tomorrow and I'd like to actually get the Bl***y thing working at last! Also, could you advise me what you think is the best site to d/l the k**s from for your recommended image?

Thanks

Charles.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
cdpdesign45 said:
T_G,

Can you advise me whigh is the most stable image to use for the DB7000.... I've got the null modem cable coming tomorrow and I'd like to actually get the Bl***y thing working at last! Also, could you advise me what you think is the best site to d/l the k**s from for your recommended image?

Thanks

Charles.

Im trying out the latest image hydra lucen 1.082. It seem fairly good at the moment but not very stable yet, going to give it a reboot or flash erase. Keys are downloadable via the blue button although Marys keys did not download.Im just messing around all day with different images, some images will just not load.. hope i get this up and running before mon as back to work then..

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
cdpdesign45 said:
T_G,

Thanks

Charles.

Sorry, no can do...unfortunately I only have a 5620....but the guys here surely can answer that. I know that Rolf is very happy with his Tiger Image.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Everyone will have their own favourite, but you would expect that answer.

I like the Peter Pan images as the download of the SCAMS and keys is handled by the box (provided it is connected to the Internet). I'm sure that other images do the same.

Hope you get up and running soon. The longer it takes the greater the satisfaction when you finally crack it. Then two days later you'll want to try that other image you have found and bang you're back to square one. The more you tinker with it the better you will know and come to love the DreamBox.

This is my own opinion, other may, and will, differ.

cdpdesign45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
gameboy said:

I like the Peter Pan images as the download of the SCAMS and keys is handled by the box (provided it is connected to the Internet). I'm sure that other images do the same.

Hope you get up and running soon. The longer it takes the greater the satisfaction when you finally crack it. Then two days later you'll want to try that other image you have found and bang you're back to square one. The more you tinker with it the better you will know and come to love the DreamBox.

Where can I get PP from?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Well, you could either fill a bottle yourself, or if you don't fancy it you may be able to steal a sample from your local GP's.

:)

h**p://www.dreambox.net.au/downloads.php

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
BGonaSTICK said:
. . . snip . . .

Just caught up, been travelling

Thnx for tips on Lucien re emus, will try those on Mon when Im back.

I am sure my D/B came with official Dreambox image on it when it was delivered 2 wks ago.
In the short time that I kept it there, being impatient to move on to more daring things, it was totally stable. I did try briefly with an irdeto cam reflashed to fun6 and a 6in1 card in it. This did not work. The physical cam did work with ruDream but then I got bored with it, moving to emus.

I now have a 300GB dropped in (and a 1GB stick) so I will soon be storing all these different images and one wet weekend soon, I will work thru them and jot notes. (Anyone interested in a brief list of things to do and not to do when installing own HD? To add to official manual guide which isnt always up-to-date. Essentially, the holes in the cradle are 2mm in the wrong place and the power socket presses hard against the back panel. . . . )

re early post, Yes, the Lucien start up image is the naffest of all Ive seen. Very reminiscent of the 2 pre-teen beach schoolgirls on the DVB2000 which I dumped in favour of the appropriate skull and crossbones.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
haggard said:
Anyone interested in a brief list of things to do and not to do when installing own HD?

Yes! My box has a HD fitted but, as always, I have taken it apart and poked about - did notice the power supply is up against the back.

DreamBox could chop about 90mm off the right side of this receiver as the box is empty.

Filled with the DVD drive in the new DreamBox.

You can change the start up image but it involes a bit of fiddling.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
haggard said:
Just caught up, been travelling

I now have a 300GB dropped in (and a 1GB stick) so I will soon be storing all these different images and one wet weekend soon, I will work thru them and jot notes. (Anyone interested in a brief list of things to do and not to do when installing own HD? To add to official manual guide which isnt always up-to-date. Essentially, the holes in the cradle are 2mm in the wrong place and the power socket presses hard against the back panel. . . . )

Actually, it is not a matter of anyone interested any more, now that you have mentioned it, it has automatically become a matter of national Dreambox security!
Do a write up and I will stick it in the Idiot Guide. Bit by bit we are getting there :-righton

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
T_G said:
Has anyone uised I_Have_A_Deam own 7000 image

As noted above, the details are in German, but I'll try to find time to run off an English version this w/e.

Zapping thru the text, it points out that it is for people who want only one emu per image so you can't switch.

It freezes if you try to activate an unsupported cam (IceCrypt or Joker)

Also it's tested for Premiere so that would seem to be its main task, to emulate PW boxes. I think that's against PW contract but I'm sure that doesnt stop 'em. What would we do with our Sly cards if the D/B did NDS emu? I know where I'd stick mine.

cdpdesign45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
gameboy said:
The serial - null modem cable (RS232) connects the PC to the DreamBox - you will also need the Ethernet crossover cable connected.

You should only use this in emergencies or if your box is not connected to the Internet. The instructions are in the manual,

I use Peter Pan image myself as I find the key updates easier. No cmoding the files and putting in this directory, that directory, etc.

At last I've managed to get my DB up and running! I took delivery of a null modem cable this morning and it all became apparent where I was going wrong!!!

I have flashed the Peter Pan image on, but now I am unsure of where to get the k*ys from and when I have got them, where to put them and how to install them... Can you point me in the right direction please?

Thanks,

Charles.

cdpdesign45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
gameboy said:

Gameboy:

I've looked into what you've said in previous posts about using the Peter Pan image and pressing the "Blue" Button to emu menu. I have done this, and managed to activate the blue button. When I go to Ke*s update I get the following list:
Next-X (RSA ONLY)
Next-X (SCCE)
SFTeamSoftcam)
BYKSAT (Softcam)
CARDMANIE (Softcam)

when you select the first one, it flashes through a series of 3 menu's, ending in a menu saying "Restart has been done. Wait 5 sec then move channel up to activate"

The second item when selected goes thriogh 3 menu's but slightly slower...

the 3rd, 4th and 5th try to update from the internet, but come up with an error message saying "ERROR! This Ke*y files is not established"

If you select help in the submenu, you come to a screen entitled " Files which are used EMU with the following subheadings:
Mgcamd
Radegast
Xcamd
Scam 25.10.2003
Scam 27.11.2003
Gbox
Newcamd-cardserver-tng11

If I go to the K*ys manager and select k*ys file viewer, when I select any of the 15 K*ys listed, it comes up with the message "Warning! This K*ys files is not established"

I'm hoping that I'm on the right track, But I am still unable to see channels like Canal+ kiosk and tequilla etc...

I am connected to the internet whilst I am doung this process, the DB and pc are on an established network, the only thing that I can think is screwing things up is the fact that I use AOL!!!
It seems that when the DB tries to connect to the internet nothing much is happening!!!!

If you could shed any light on what's happening, I'd be grateful, It seems like I'm so close....

Thanks again,

Charles.