Dreambox 7000 HELP!

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
First you have to go here...

Menu > setup > manager addons > Download Plugins > Plugins

They download the Radeqast config and NewCamd config files

Go back to Plugins > Emus > and update the Newcamd and EmuSets

Note: After each of these updates the box will restart.

Now go back to menu > TV mode and select any channel

Press the blue button > SoftCams/Emus will list the Emus you have.

Note: the image may not have enough space for all the Emus - in this case move the var directory to your hard disk of usb device. If you use the harddisk this will be accessed more often and may cause the box to heat up a bit.

In this menu you will see keyupdate you can work that out for yourself!

Once you have selected the Emu from the Emulist on the same menu choose RESTART CAMD - follow the instructions - Wait 5 sec then move channel up to activate.

Hope this helps.

Admin - if this is not allowed please delete thanks.

cdpdesign45

12 mth. Down time DB7k!!!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
athlon XP 3200+, 1054mb Ram, 500gb SATA (300 & 200) DB7k, diseq 1.2 & 80cm dish
My Location
Bridlington, E. Yorkshire
gameboy said:
First you have to go here...

Menu > setup > manager addons > Download Plugins > Plugins

They download the Radeqast config and NewCamd config files

Go back to Plugins > Emus > and update the Newcamd and EmuSets

Note: After each of these updates the box will restart.

Now go back to menu > TV mode and select any channel

Press the blue button > SoftCams/Emus will list the Emus you have.

Note: the image may not have enough space for all the Emus - in this case move the var directory to your hard disk of usb device. If you use the harddisk this will be accessed more often and may cause the box to heat up a bit.

In this menu you will see keyupdate you can work that out for yourself!

Once you have selected the Emu from the Emulist on the same menu choose RESTART CAMD - follow the instructions - Wait 5 sec then move channel up to activate.

Hope this helps.

Admin - if this is not allowed please delete thanks.

I'm convinced that I'm going nuts as everything I do with this box seems to go wrong!!!!

At the stage of going to Menu > setup > manager addons > Download Plugins > Plugins, when you select plugins, should the Radeqast config and NewCamd config filesfiles appear? when I select plugins, nothing really happens, it just very quickly flashes a screen saying downloading available plugins and returns to the previous menu...

If you can help me with this, I will be eternally grateful.... I have been sat here all day trying to get this Bl**dy thing to work!!!

Thanks,

Charles.

cdpdesign45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gameboy,

I'm starting to think that I have some files missing in my version of Peter pan... When I flashed the files over, should all necessary files have been transferred to the DB to enable me to run the k*ys, or do I have to locate a different file to send to the db to enable the k*ys to be run? My appologies if I sound really thick; I'm really new to this and I'm getting more and more frustrated day by day!!!

Thanks for your invaluable help.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
The original image contains NO keys.

If the DreamBox is connected to the Internet then the PP image has the links to the software, etc built in

When you update, the box connects to the sites it has in the image and downloads what it needs.

The only problem I had was that some Emus had to be loaded to the var directory after I moved it to the hard disk. This was due to lack of space.

Your image may be full if you have downloaded and tried several and they have left legacy items. Did you flash erase on startup?

cdpdesign45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
haggard said:
To add to earlier:

I put Hydra Lucien on last night, since it is the latest Hydra
It is much easier to see which encryption is being used.

The menus are a bit diferent from earlier Hydras so explore all the coloured buttons. Softcam settings on blue and keys are on green I think.

On first shot, I got a failure on Mary's keysd download so I cleared decks and reflashed and got keys before doing anything else. That then worked. Its also best to update Hydra control panel. With Mary's of 06.10, I do notice that I dont have the TPS Star (which does Engl foot) and other TPS cine, altho all MVs are there. Can anyone confirm that all TPS should be cleared?
I think I will go back and read the thorough idiot's guides of T_G again . . . . being an idiot.
I clearly havnt set softcams up right because the select softcam menu isnt working inside the blue button.

Haggard,

I have recently attempted to use the peter pan image, but although my network is apparently running correctly, I am unable to use the ke*s!
So, I decided to have a change and I've reverted to the Hydra Lucien that I had tried earlier. I have done a complete flash erase and started again. In your post, you refer to "Mary's of 06.10"- Where can I locate mary's???

When I have got mary's could you please tell me how and where (which directory) I should transfer them to... I am currently using the FTP in Dreambox Control Centre to transfer files, I find it is the only one I can get to work!!!

Thanks for your help,

Charles.

cdpdesign45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
haggard said:
Also cdpdesign
When you got Lucien, I guess it wasa from the I-have-a-draem site.
If not, then go there
http://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb2/database.php
click on Lucien and there is a full list of its functionality on the page where the download link is. That site is Wunderbar. There is a superior being Schaedelmeister who knows everything. Name loosley translated by me as
Lord of the Skulls. He might prefer Brain-box.

I currently have the hydra lucien installed, and I am having problems using it or more importantly knowing "how" to use it...

Can anybody please offer me any advice or help with this, as everything I seem to find regarding to this is in german!

Thanks guys.

You can either reply to this or reply to me via email. cdpdesign45@h*tmail.com

(if this link is unacceptable to the forum please delete.)

cdpdesign45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bgonastick,

I am currently using hydra lucien on a db7000s. As I am new to db7ks, I am very unsure as to what I am doing!

I am trying to get the hydra to work to it's full potential, but as I can't find any info as to how to use it anywhere, i'm struggling.

Do you have any info about the hydra? or do you know anywhere I can source the info from?

My main struggle is installing the ke*s, knowing where to install them, what to install and how to install. If you can offer any help I will be very grateful.

Thanks,

Charles.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Hi Charles.

Rule No1, be really patient. You WILL get there with our help, if you're prepared to put in the effort required.
Rule No2. See rule No1.

My advice for beginners would be to read the idiot guide in this section top to bottom at least twice. Then read as many DB threads as possible. All the information you need is already there. For most users, I would suggest playing with the box with the standard image for a week and get used to how it works. Seeing as you have already installed your Hydra image, I would suggest just becomming very familliar with that without any encrypted channels. Get an Ethernet network connection up and running, and really examine the file structure on your box using an FTP client. Compare it to the ramblings on here as to where the various files go. There are some screenshots in the idiot guide.

You will probably find that the blue button will give you a new menu. Update the control panel first, then the emu's and then the keys. The Hydra images tend to do much of the work for you, but knowing the details is best.

Go experiment, then come back for more specifics.

HTH

STICK

cdpdesign45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Stick:

I think I've gone on another step. I have managed to install the mary's keys on the db7k, I can see that they are in place in the ftp client (Dcc)
I have found anithe site that actually lists exactly where the files should be, I have gone through this very carefully and ensured that everything is in place. One of the problems I have is when I am watching a programme, (or at least trying to watch a programme!!!) and I press the blue button to decrypt, I'm not sure what I should use to decrypt each channel.
I am also wondering if I have a setting incorrect somewhere, as When I try to get my Db7k to connect to the internet ( I have found the settings for this on another forum) I get an error message basically saying that the db cannot connect.
I know for definate that my ftp connection works, this has been confirmed by Dcc. Can you help me please to sort out my cams and K*ys as I am on the verge of giving up. I have been at this problem for over a week now for something like 6 to 8 hours a day and I can't help but feel that I am so close to cracking it... I'd hate t give up!

In anticipation,

Charles.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Don't give up. It's not an option.

If I were you, I'd simply try another image. Some are better than others. Don't forget to flash erase. This may be your best option.

The only Hydra image I have tried was Atlantis 1.08 Final, and it worked perfectly for me. You should find it a breeze to set up with all your practice!

Read my article on wireless networking the DB. You can extract your network settings from there (just look at the Dreambox settings section). Also read the troubleshooting section.

I'm now on Black Tiger 3 which is also rock solid, but needs more manual intervention.

cdpdesign45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, I've just reflashed with original factory image because for some reason I'm having great trouble scanning for channels. I have tried reloading my original channel list from when original installation was done but it seems I can only see fewer and fewer satellites every time I try! I'm down to 11 now!

I read somewhere that the ru cannon image was pre-loaded with keys; I've tried to download it and give it a go but the site to d/l it from is down!

If somebody brought out an idiot proof manual from flashing to installing keys and troubleshooting, they would make a fortune!

In your opinion, what would you say was the easiest image to work with?

It had got to the stage where I have the installer coming out again on wednesday and I am seriously considering ordering a dragon cam and writer!!! At least I can work on those without any problems!

If you can help anymore, it would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Charles.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
cdpdesign45 said:
If somebody brought out an idiot proof manual from flashing to installing keys and troubleshooting, they would make a fortune!

Problem is that each image has a slightly different way of doing things. Even the same set of images sometime change how they access/do things.

This is all part of the image evolution where, I hope, they all learn from each other.

I have stuck with PeterPan and learn new things about it every day, once I have explored as much as I can I will try others.

After reading the posts they all seem to have advantages and short falls.

Ask questions - I have asked may a stupid question and will ask many more. But I always learn something (who said - 'that's not to ask stupid questions!')

pbriffa

Reaction score
cdpdesign45 said
I am also wondering if I have a setting incorrect somewhere, as When I try to get my Db7k to connect to the internet ( I have found the settings for this on another forum) I get an error message basically saying that the db cannot connect.
cdpdesign45,

I have not got my DB7k box only just ordered it, but i do know a little about networks..

I think the reason your box cannot connect to the internet is your settings. From what you have said in one of previous posts you are using a twisted cat5 cable.

This leads me to belive that you are connection directly to your DB7k box from the NIC (network interface card) on your PC.

I would also assume that you have an internet connection on your pc via a dialup modem or a usb adsl modem.

Now this is simplifying the problem but you essentially have to networks on your PC, one to the internet and one to the DB7k box.

Therefore the DB7K box is on a different network to the internet, if you want to be able to give the dreambox internat access via your PC, you will have to activate inetrnet sharing (or routing) on XP, not sure about other OS.

The alternative if you are using adsl and this is the way I will use it is to use a adsl router with a built in switch.

With this configuration the router hold's all of the internet connection information and your pc connects to the router via your PC's NIC, using the router as the gateway.

You would also connect the DB7 box directly to the router and adjust the settings accordingly.

In this configuration you would also not need to have your PC turned on for the DB7k to have connectivity to the internet.

Hope this helps

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
@ Charles

Dont give up mate, I was off line the last few days messing around with db 7000s. I have mine up and running now and I have the latest hydra lucien image installed. Now what i have found out so far is It is not very stable at the moment having to reboot various times due to freezing when searching for channels but after that it works ok. Not going to change it until i know exactly what i want. Problem you should look at is when you reboot you have to go into communication set up again and put in your ip values again as these keep changing and db cannot connect with internet. so keep an eye on this as i had major problems with this & once your connected it should be good from there.Another problem is downloading images sometimes it does`nt download right and you get uncomplete images so download again or try another one. Only from reading through other threads you will pick it up as you view the menus. You seem to be going the right way. Im viewing what you want and got it with marys and newcamd. TPS Multi kiosks etc. I know how you feel you read too much and your back to stage one again. Idiots guide. Its so easy when you look back and see where you went wrong.

Keep the faith!!!!!

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
everybody said:
@
follow up!
This thread is getting long, but it is interesting.

Charles: Using Hydra, just press the coloured buttons, usually blue but sometimes the others have the link
Select download keys and one of the options will be Mary's bundle.

4 days ago T_G asked if anyone has used the reportedly stable I_have_a_dream image and John_G said the links were in German.
Here is what is says about the IHAD image. Philosophy is praps more interesting than the image itself. But I wouldnt be surprised if the stability had something to do with the restriction to one emu.
Sorry for the length of this, but I didnt write it, just haggard-fished it:
corrections to my translation are welcome
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
(Uploader: Schaedelmeister)
on: 01.08.2004 15:37
updated on: 01.08.2004 18:25
Description
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY !!

This image has been compiled by The_Saint / Bundy041.
Support for and questions about this image will ONLY be answered on the forum.
You can find this forum at:
{http://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com}
Encouragement/stimulation is always welcome!!!
Let's have Fun...

This image is intended for users who do not need to change EMU
-- where a single EMU in the image is enough.
Also, there are no further developments on the CVS situation!! We are staying with 1.8.

README:

Web-Interface:
The web-interface has been given a make-over.
It can be reached via <IP of the box>:80.

The port for the web-interface can be changed in settings/communication
And it is now possible to use the web-interface to re-start the box, to zap and to edit the audio.

MPEG-Decoder:
In the audio menu, there is now support for the old two-channel system,
i.e. you can select left mono, stereo or right mono. When zapping, it jumps back automatically to “stereo”.

TV standard setting:
TV standard is now added. It is now possible to play the box into an NTSC TV (provided someone designs an NTSC compatible skin).

Main menu:
The main menu can be put up as a list-box if desired (OSD set up).
When saving to HD, the event info is also stored, i.e. the info button also works during playback.

A/V set up:
In the A/V set up, there is now the option “always 16:9” so you can keep 16:9 TVs in anamorphic mode. (There is still a problem e.g, that on my TV, I can’t zoom). Then you also see more of the picture with correct proportions in 4:3.

Plugins:
Plugins are now started in their own threads. Then Enigma runs in the background, and all timers etc, function properly.

Timer event:
If a timer event is on the same transponder you are currently watching, or if you are listening to mp3s, or doing something else, then the timer switches in the background.

Bouquets:
Complete files can now be placed in the Bouquet file.
Support for multiservice-capable CI: When recording encoded channels and simultaneous (saentence ends here. Ed.)

CIs:
If you want to watch a different encoded provider, then the CI must be able to simultaneously decode two providers. Although the CI specification covers this, very few CIs support this feature. (The only one known is alphacrypt with the very latest firmware). Since Enigma does not have the capability of testing the CIs, you have to explicitly activate the support in the CI set up.

Important:
If you activate the CI when it does not support this mode, (e.g. IceCrypt /Jokercam) then you will lose picture and audio.

------------------------------------

There are some nice new features in the new
I HAVE A DREAMBOX - BOARD IMAGE

Point 1:
The timer zone has been fixed – with the help of a trick.
Now the EPG time is displayed properly.
The time is now also displayed properly.

What you have to do:
Set the time zone to ‘Summer’.
Remove the tick.
Match the time to the transponder time.
That’s it.

Point 2:
Timer – Recording by time zone – fix.

Point 3:
You can record one movie while watching another. There is a list of which channels are on the same transponder. Or if the movie has already begun and has been running for 15 minutes and the Dreambox has been recording it, then you can watch it from the beginning without disrupting the recording.

Tested with Prem***e 6

A file is created for each recording with all the info about the movie.

(Here follows a typical info file. Ed.)

Prem***e 6 – The day the world ended. – Action film.

When time ran out.
Action film: Bob Spangler (James Franciscus) runs a hotel on a South Sea Island. To protect his business, he suppresses a warning about a volcanic eruption. When the catastrophe actually happens, the guests have to fight for their lives. Engineer Hank Anderson (Paul Newman) organises a rescue operation. Gripping disaster drama, excellent cast.
USA 1980. 105 Min. Directed by James Goldstone, with Paul Newman, Jacqueline Bisset.
Sound and picture format
DEU
GBR
ITA

(Of course, if you were taking this off Prem***e, you would get the German info from which I have translated this. Ed)

Point 4:
Playing movies off the dreambox:

While a movie is being recorded you can watch another movie that has already been recorded while the box is recording the new one.

Point 5:
Formats:

SVCD
MVCD
VCD (if the extension is changed from .dat to .mpg).
DVD VOB Files can be played only if you use AC3 the output

Point 6:
Emus :

Put start_enigma in the directory /var/tuxbox
set # for the emus that will not be used!!

Restart the Box

Scam with Seca2

Point 7:
Plugins :

I have changed the link for the plugins from /lib/tuxbox to /var/tuxbox so that you can always fill the directory and throw away what you don’t need.

Teletext Revision: 1.37.2.13

DSL connect to internet - cvs error report

Ngrab recording -cvs error report

Point 8:
INFOS :

Kernel - 1.07.4 with FreeXtv

BusyBox v1.00-pre8 (2004.05.30-05:42+0000)

CVS - Status - 2004.05.30 - 05:42

Point 9:
Errors and bugs

If you find an error or bug, then please post in this board with the name of the image.

This is the best way:

I did this/ error / what happened or what didn’t happen
I installed this / error / what happened or what didn’t happen
Nothing changed /error / what happned or what didn’t happen

If the error or bug can be described more accurately, one can do something about changing or fixing it. Any errors in the CVS will unfortunately have to wait until the programme is patched or fixed. You will have to work with such errors till then.
We will try to remove, fix or patch other errors as quickly as possible.

Think about taking out a subscription for Pr****e.
If Pr****e should disappear, then you will only have the foreign channels and the German FTA.
It would be boring to have just that all the time.
Anyone can afford the smallest subscription

Your ‘I have a Dreambox’ team

* The Saint * * Bundy041 *
* Schaedelmeister *
* koka *
* cocksy *
* Yeti *
* CooLbOy *
* uhuwald *
* franky *

* and other un-named helpers *

I-have-a-Dreambox-EMU-Image-v1.2.1
Kb: 6234

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Wow. Haggard gets "TG"s longest single Dreambox Post Award" !!!

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
So, Haggard have you tried this image?

It looks pretty comprehensive (well your translation is).

If anyone has used it and likes it i am keen to hear your comments.

cdpdesign45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
athlon XP 3200+, 1054mb Ram, 500gb SATA (300 &amp; 200) DB7k, diseq 1.2 &amp; 80cm dish
My Location
john_graydon said:
@ Charles

Dont give up mate, I was off line the last few days messing around with db 7000s. I have mine up and running now and I have the latest hydra lucien image installed. Now what i have found out so far is It is not very stable at the moment having to reboot various times due to freezing when searching for channels but after that it works ok. Not going to change it until i know exactly what i want. Problem you should look at is when you reboot you have to go into communication set up again and put in your ip values again as these keep changing and db cannot connect with internet. so keep an eye on this as i had major problems with this & once your connected it should be good from there.Another problem is downloading images sometimes it does`nt download right and you get uncomplete images so download again or try another one. Only from reading through other threads you will pick it up as you view the menus. You seem to be going the right way. Im viewing what you want and got it with marys and newcamd. TPS Multi kiosks etc. I know how you feel you read too much and your back to stage one again. Idiots guide. Its so easy when you look back and see where you went wrong.

Keep the faith!!!!!
John,

I've had my db7k for about 2 weeks now, and as yet I haven't managed to watch ANYTHING in English!!!

I have tried lucien, achillies, peter pan, original op sys, and as yet I still have had no joy.
At one point, I couldn't even get the dish to turn, but I soon Isolated that problem... I had scanned for every single satellite, and when the dish turmed to something like 168 east it pulled the cable out of the socket as it became snagged! (Just my luck!!!)

At the moment, I cannot even scan for any channels. I spent hours (I mean literally every night to 3 or 4 am) going through menu's etc, and I can probably recite the contents of every single folder on the bl**dy thing!

I have come to the conclusion that somehow the dish has come out of alignment. (I had it checked after cable pulled out) Even if I try to scan astra 19.2E it doesn't find any channels.
I'm somewhere in the region of £1k lighter now, with accessories etc.. I can see DB in 4 rooms, and change channel etc in each room, but it's pointless as there's nothing to watch.
I'm seriously considering sending the box to satellitesuperstore to have it programmed up for me!!!!

If you've any other ideas or any info I'd love to hear it!

I'm even struggling to get it onto the 'net as I'm on aol and the cra**py modem that aol provide won't allow networking, (although I have a linksys wireless -b 2.4 ghz broadband router (no mdem included) Model number befw111s4 ver 4)

I'm seriously thinking about selling the db cos it's starting to cause health problems!!!! (restlessness, paranoia, insomnia!!!)

Charles.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,&amp; Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
cdpdesign45 said:
John,

I've had my db7k for about 2 weeks now, and as yet I haven't managed to watch ANYTHING in English!!!

I have tried lucien, achillies, peter pan, original op sys, and as yet I still have had no joy.
At one point, I couldn't even get the dish to turn, but I soon Isolated that problem... I had scanned for every single satellite, and when the dish turmed to something like 168 east it pulled the cable out of the socket as it became snagged! (Just my luck!!!)

At the moment, I cannot even scan for any channels. I spent hours (I mean literally every night to 3 or 4 am) going through menu's etc, and I can probably recite the contents of every single folder on the bl**dy thing!

I have come to the conclusion that somehow the dish has come out of alignment. (I had it checked after cable pulled out) Even if I try to scan astra 19.2E it doesn't find any channels.
I'm somewhere in the region of £1k lighter now, with accessories etc.. I can see DB in 4 rooms, and change channel etc in each room, but it's pointless as there's nothing to watch.
I'm seriously considering sending the box to satellitesuperstore to have it programmed up for me!!!!

If you've any other ideas or any info I'd love to hear it!

I'm even struggling to get it onto the 'net as I'm on aol and the cra**py modem that aol provide won't allow networking, (although I have a linksys wireless -b 2.4 ghz broadband router (no mdem included) Model number befw111s4 ver 4)

I'm seriously thinking about selling the db cos it's starting to cause health problems!!!! (restlessness, paranoia, insomnia!!!)

Charles.

Sorry mate but i just couldnt stop laughing at your thread, It was an image of myself even some poster told me to get some sleep one night. I think we better start a new thread as this one goes on forever.

cdpdesign45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
athlon XP 3200+, 1054mb Ram, 500gb SATA (300 &amp; 200) DB7k, diseq 1.2 &amp; 80cm dish
My Location
John,

Is there any way of putting the mary's key bundle into the lucien without using the net?

Is it possible to d/l it to your pc then ftp it to the db?

If so, what goes where????

Thanks,

Charles.