Dreambox 7000 HELP!

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
cdpdesign45 said:
I'm seriously thinking about selling the db cos it's starting to cause health problems!!!! (restlessness, paranoia, insomnia!!!)
Charles.

Charles, in what you say, you offer no evidence that the DB is faulty. Indeed, having tugged out the cable to the dish, it would sound like it isnt pointing where you think it is.

If you can't scan for 19.2E then obviously something basic is wrong that no otehr receiver would fix. We'd all do something different in your position, but given that everything seems f****d, I'd take the route
- Install official image from Dreambox site.
- Find 19.2 and check out that the FTAs are there
- Get yr rotator moving ther dish to right angles
- Check 13 and others.
- Feel relieved and move on to fancier images again

cdpdesign45

12 mth. Down time DB7k!!!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
athlon XP 3200+, 1054mb Ram, 500gb SATA (300 & 200) DB7k, diseq 1.2 & 80cm dish
My Location
Bridlington, E. Yorkshire
no, I've got the dish running correct now. It's all aligned correctly, actually watching kiosk1 at the moment.
I think the main problem I have is with my network. the DB will not communicate with the internet but it will with dreambox control centre... any ideas???

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
cdpdesign45 said:
no, I've got the dish running correct now. It's all aligned correctly, actually watching kiosk1 at the moment.
I think the main problem I have is with my network. the DB will not communicate with the internet but it will with dreambox control centre... any ideas???
Charles
How is your DB connected to LAN and outside world?
If you go from DB to your dsl router with a standard ethernet cable (not cross over) then in your communication settings on DB, you should disable DHCP and set the IP number manually to be e.g. 192.168.0.24
Also you need to specify a name server (DNS) so that the names or IP numbers demanded by DB are resolved and properly addressed. Use the one your ISP specified.
The gateway should be 192.168.0.1
If you are going to a PC via a cross over cable, then I have no experience but in this case, I think that DHCP should be enabled and then the PC will allocate the IP number that appears in the communications panel.
I also think, but am not sure, that both gateway and dsn are both 192.168.0.1 in this case

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
O.K. I'm gonna stick my neck out here, based on my experiences od a few years ago with AOL. This may be a real red-herring, but worth a go IMO.

They (AOL) employ some very restrictive practices with regards to connections and networking as you say, and I seriously think that AS A TEST what you should do is to beg/borrow/steal a 56K modem and dial a 'standard' provider (such as the increasingly sh!t Wanadoo) on a pay-as-you-go account (for which you'll only pay for a local rate phone call). The various files are small, so no probs there, and it will isolate your connectivity problems at a stroke. You'll have to (temporarily) shut down your ADSL link first though.

cdpdesign45

12 mth. Down time DB7k!!!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
athlon XP 3200+, 1054mb Ram, 500gb SATA (300 & 200) DB7k, diseq 1.2 & 80cm dish
My Location
Bridlington, E. Yorkshire
BGonaSTICK said:
O.K. I'm gonna stick my neck out here, based on my experiences od a few years ago with AOL. This may be a real red-herring, but worth a go IMO.

They (AOL) employ some very restrictive practices with regards to connections and networking as you say, and I seriously think that AS A TEST what you should do is to beg/borrow/steal a 56K modem and dial a 'standard' provider (such as the increasingly sh!t Wanadoo) on a pay-as-you-go account (for which you'll only pay for a local rate phone call). The various files are small, so no probs there, and it will isolate your connectivity problems at a stroke. You'll have to (temporarily) shut down your ADSL link first though.
Eventually I got round the problems that you incurr with AOL. If anyone else is getting the same problems trying to network on AOL let me know and I'll try and talk you through what I did... (Well, try, because I think it was a pure FLUKE that I managed to get it going at all!!!)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Cool.

If you can remember how you solved it, I'm sure that there are others out there that can learn from your pain!

jase42001

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
cdpdesign45 said:
Eventually I got round the problems that you incurr with AOL. If anyone else is getting the same problems trying to network on AOL let me know and I'll try and talk you through what I did... (Well, try, because I think it was a pure FLUKE that I managed to get it going at all!!!)

Please share, fluke or not it would be intresting as i'm having the same
issue with wanadoo...

I know they block Ports : they said as much...

I have my own thread running asking for simular help?
If anyone want to join in then please do..
Its all for the greater good Click Me

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I'm with Wanadoo, and there is no problem at all, but then I do have an 'older' product (the Freeserve 512 jobbie).

I don't think that there are any restrictions that will cause you a connection problem though.

P.S. I'm off to Pipex this month. Wanadoo is sh!t.

STICK

BRip

Reaction score
cdpdesign45 said:
I have recently bought a dreambox 7000. When the installer set the system up, I could get hundreds of channels on different sattelites. I searched around on hte net to find out how to install k**s, as I haven't a clue about Linux, but I am fairly conversant with Windows.. I installed the Hydra Lucien Image, and that's where my problems started!
As I couldn't do a great deal with the Hydra (to be honest, I wasn't sure what It was supposed to do!) I put "9214_dbc_1082.img" back on (using dreamup LAN v 1.20). I then flashed my channel list back on using Llamaware's dreambox edit. ( I had already backed the channel list up with this just in case!)
Since I have done this, I can get into the Dreambox menus and see my channel lists, and the machine seems to work as it should do.
I have searched everywhere to get the necessary K**s to enable me to watch more channels, But I can't find the necessary info anywhere.

Could somebody please help me to find the necessary information and tell me in laymans terms step by step how to transfer the information from my pc to the Dreambox and where to store the info on the DB7k. I'm reasonably comfortable using DreamupLan v 1.20 by Zissler to flash the dream box, andDCC v2.0 Beta (by berny R) for other items, but when it comes to using the method recommended by the manual, I can't get any joy!Thanks for your help guys.
May I suggest you use the Angahard version istead of the Lucien. It is more recent. And, even more recent is the Gemini 101 image and includes the latest emus.

Personally I prefer to use Flashwizard Pro v4 to install the images