Dreambox 7000 HELP!

cdpdesign45

12 mth. Down time DB7k!!!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
athlon XP 3200+, 1054mb Ram, 500gb SATA (300 & 200) DB7k, diseq 1.2 & 80cm dish
My Location
Bridlington, E. Yorkshire
I have recently bought a dreambox 7000. When the installer set the system up, I could get hundreds of channels on different sattelites. I searched around on hte net to find out how to install k**s, as I haven't a clue about Linux, but I am fairly conversant with Windows.. I installed the Hydra Lucien Image, and that's where my problems started!
As I couldn't do a great deal with the Hydra (to be honest, I wasn't sure what It was supposed to do!) I put "9214_dbc_1082.img" back on (using dreamup LAN v 1.20). I then flashed my channel list back on using Llamaware's dreambox edit. ( I had already backed the channel list up with this just in case!)
Since I have done this, I can get into the Dreambox menus and see my channel lists, and the machine seems to work as it should do.
I have searched everywhere to get the necessary K**s to enable me to watch more channels, But I can't find the necessary info anywhere.

Could somebody please help me to find the necessary information and tell me in laymans terms step by step how to transfer the information from my pc to the Dreambox and where to store the info on the DB7k. I'm reasonably comfortable using DreamupLan v 1.20 by Zissler to flash the dream box, andDCC v2.0 Beta (by berny R) for other items, but when it comes to using the method recommended by the manual, I can't get any joy!Thanks for your help guys.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
cdpdesign45 said:
I have recently bought a dreambox 7000. . . . snip I can't get any joy!Thanks for your help guys.

Hi cdpdesign
Try for starters
Press blue button, go into the menu and choose 'download keys'
Hydra will make a call to a website whose url is in the image and download the key file you need, unpack the file and put the files in
/var/keys and /var/scce. If its same as earlier Hydras it may say Mary's key bundle and a couple of others. Try Mary.
You need to be connected to internet for this to work and the D/B needs to have its IP numbers configured properly. If the D/B goes to a hub, then you can if you wish use DHCP but its best to toggle that off, set IP to 192.168.0.24 and then put your ISPs name server in as well. Dont let yr PC assign IP numbers by DCHP. Windows ids an idiot. (I never know why the President had to save US in Independence Day. Why didnt they just upload Windows to the alien's computer?)
The other way is to do it manually. Google for keyfiles you like and unzip/unpack. You should then find a keys directory/folder and a scce directory/folder. Put these (using ftp) in the same named directories on your D/B.

If you just flashed Hydra on top of what you got, then as others, like dreamboy and T_G have pointed out, its best to clear the decks first. That may be your problem. Before a new flash image I usually do an erase using null modem just to be safe, but I shall cut that umbilical soon.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
haggard said:
Hi cdpdesign . . . . snip . . . . .

Also cdpdesign
When you got Lucien, I guess it wasa from the I-have-a-draem site.
If not, then go there
http://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb2/database.php
click on Lucien and there is a full list of its functionality on the page where the download link is. That site is Wunderbar. There is a superior being Schaedelmeister who knows everything. Name loosley translated by me as
Lord of the Skulls. He might prefer Brain-box.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
haggard said:
Hi cdpdesign
Try for starters
Press blue button, go into the menu and choose 'download keys'
Hydra will make a call to a website whose url is in the image and download the key file you need, unpack the file and put the files in
/var/keys and /var/scce. If its same as earlier Hydras it may say Mary's key bundle and a couple of others. Try Mary.
You need to be connected to internet for this to work and the D/B needs to have its IP numbers configured properly. If the D/B goes to a hub, then you can if you wish use DHCP but its best to toggle that off, set IP to 192.168.0.24 and then put your ISPs name server in as well. Dont let yr PC assign IP numbers by DCHP. Windows ids an idiot. (I never know why the President had to save US in Independence Day. Why didnt they just upload Windows to the alien's computer?)
The other way is to do it manually. Google for keyfiles you like and unzip/unpack. You should then find a keys directory/folder and a scce directory/folder. Put these (using ftp) in the same named directories on your D/B.

If you just flashed Hydra on top of what you got, then as others, like dreamboy and T_G have pointed out, its best to clear the decks first. That may be your problem. Before a new flash image I usually do an erase using null modem just to be safe, but I shall cut that umbilical soon.

All I can add to that excellent answer from Haggard is that the flash erase is very important. To be honest, I don't think you should have to do anything other than flash the new image, and then flash erase 9I for one don't do anything, I just get chuck the new image on. I hate Null Modem Cables, too slow!! :p .
Now, If you get all sorts of error messages while trying to get the Mary key bundle, you will need to make sure your network settings are correct (see the idiot guide for some info on this). After you have got the EMUs and keys, you will need to make an update as these tend to be older. Use the AU Key updater for that. Keep us informed how it goes.

cdpdesign45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Today, the installer came to fit me a freeview box to my ever increasing stack of receivers. I know this sounds rater coincidental, but when he was here, the Dreambox worked....
When he left, I went to have a look through the new "wizardry" that I had received, and all I can get is a blank screen! The dreambox's LCD panel illuminates orange, thje on off button on the box works, but neither the remote nor the op and down button on the Dreambox will work! Just my luck.... Just as I was starting to get somewhere!

I have tried disconnecting everything so that only the DB is connected to the tv etc. but I still get the same from the DB. I have even tried flash erasing, well I have tried everything I can in the handbook and nothing will work. Any ideas guys?

Thanks,

Charles.

lovelyperson

Dreamer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.0m PF dish
1.8m PF Famaval
1.8m PF Marrafa
1.4m Tecatel offset
1.2m dish + Stab HH120
TBS 5925 USB
Octagon SF8008 4k Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombos x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
cdpdesign45 said:
I have tried disconnecting everything so that only the DB is connected to the tv etc. but I still get the same from the DB. I have even tried flash erasing, well I have tried everything I can in the handbook and nothing will work. Any ideas guys?

Thanks,

Charles.
:) ¿Have you tried pressing the 'Dream' button FIRST on the remote control?

Cheers lovelyperson ;)

cdpdesign45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
lovelyperson said:

Cheers lovelyperson ;)
Yep, I've tried everything! The Dreambox just seems to " Hang" when you switch it on. The Orange display just says "Dream Multimedia" and I can't get any response from the remote control whatsoever. I've tried pressing all 3 buttons on the DB at the same time, this resets the DB but does not do anything else!

Thanks,

Charles

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
lovelyperson said:

Cheers lovelyperson ;)
LOL, I can see this becoming the 'stock' answer now.... :D

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Can you ping it or FTP into it?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
cdpdesign45 said:
Yep, I've tried everything! The Dreambox just seems to " Hang" when you switch it on. The Orange display just says "Dream Multimedia" and I can't get any response from the remote control whatsoever. I've tried pressing all 3 buttons on the DB at the same time, this resets the DB but does not do anything else!

Thanks,

Charles

I am at the same stage as you, I just cant seem to get the keys working. I had all the multivisions, but now there gone. Im starting again from scratch. I had the same problem as you the other morning, what I done was a complete flash erase and started again. I used the Null cable and used another flash image. It takes a little while but worked. Read the threads from the other day.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Get the null modem cable out!!!

Your firmware is OK but you will need to clear thebox with DreamUp and reload another image.

Happens some times - follow the instructions in the manual or read the 'How to' section.

Edit: beat me to it John!

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
gameboy said:
Get the null modem cable out!!!

Your firmware is OK but you will need to clear thebox with DreamUp and reload another image.

Happens some times - follow the instructions in the manual or read the 'How to' section.

Edit beat me to it John!

@ gameboy ...sorry but i have read so much the last few days im FOOKED. keys are doing my head in.

cdpdesign45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
BGonaSTICK said:
Can you ping it or FTP into it?
I've not tried to ping it yet, but at the moment I can't even get my network to accept that the db is connected. I'll Ping it now and c.

cdpdesign45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nope. Ping doesn't work. The request just times out. Although my network is showing that it is connected. Is there any way of pinging all on the network to id the ip address of the db?

cdpdesign45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
This will probably make me sound like a complete idiot, but when you refer to a null modem lead, what do you mean? I have a cat 5 crossover cable... is that the same???

newcastleman32

Reaction score
john_graydon said:
@ gameboy ...sorry but i have read so much the last few days im FOOKED. keys are doing my head in.
Im at the stage where im looking to buy dream box an just learning all the do an donts before i buy ,i think the null cbale can be discribed as ,when the shit hits the fan solution ,an even this thread learning from others greif save me going down the same dog turded path

get some sleep john graydon re read gamboys advice look up flashing with null method an ur back in action :-ohmy)

an remeber thread starter ur cry for help save not only you but others falling in same pit:O)
have fun all

cdpdesign45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
When I use Dreamup, I get to the stage where it says "Connection prepared, now switch on the dreambox" When I power the DB up, nothing happens! i'm using dreamUp V2.14b 20030416

cdpdesign45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
if I use dreamup, (getting the local ip add and the remote ip add from "start, run, cmd, ipconfig/all) if I enter the IP address from the PPP adapter in the "Local ip PC" box and the ethernet adapter network bridge ip address in the remote ip (BOX) it comes up with "ip address of pc and dreambox should be in the same subnet"

Am I entering the wrong values from the cmd prompt screen or is my DB just Fubarred?

Thanks for your help guys, I'm beginning to despair!

Charles.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
The serial - null modem cable (RS232) connects the PC to the DreamBox - you will also need the Ethernet crossover cable connected.

You should only use this in emergencies or if your box is not connected to the Internet. The instructions are in the manual,

I use Peter Pan image myself as I find the key updates easier. No cmoding the files and putting in this directory, that directory, etc.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
cdpdesign45 said:
This will probably make me sound like a complete idiot, but when you refer to a null modem lead, what do you mean? I have a cat 5 crossover cable... is that the same???

No not the same, it goes from your serial port to the port at back of db. Like rs cable but wont do the same job, must be null.