DreamBox 7020 HD

Kadiak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite 82 w and 91 w laptop hp db2000
My Location
North America, Montreal
hi guys ....
I just got my new box dm 7020 HD ..... I m using a 45 cm dish form Bell Express vu From Bell I live in Montreal Canada and a Digiwave DGL-900D LNB .... DSS dual LNBF
outout frequency 12.20 - 12.70 GHz ... Lo 12.75 GHz ...... I tried to set it up ..... it says theres no LNB connected .... and I can see that's the box has 2 defaults sat Hotbird and Astra ....
my question is My 45 cm dish from bell is it ok along with the LNB ..... if not what size of dish I should use with this box and what kind of LNB to use with it and how do i go by erasing those 2 factory default sat in it and force it to scan those sat 82, 91, 110 and 119 w fron north America, Montreal Canada to be precised .....

Thanks

Regards

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Welcome to the forum Kadiak.

There are quite a few Dreambox fans here and we have some members in North America who might be able to help you if the problem is special to NAm. Good luck.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Astra 19.2e and Hotbird 13e are satellites in Europe which you will not be able to see from your location as the planet is in the way :D The DM7020 HD isn't the easiest box to get along with as a beginner, you will need to do a lot of reading as it comes with a very steep learning curve. It took me ages to get my Enigma box to do what i wanted it to. I've been playing with these types of receivers for nearly 10 years now, and even now it still surprises me every now and then.

Your lnb is circular polarisation which limits you to satellites that use LH & RH polarised signals. I'm guessing your dish is pointing at either Nimiq 4 (82w) or Nimiq 6 (91w) if you are using an old Bell dish. Nothing to stop you swapping the lnb to a linear polarised one and moving the dish to another satellite later on.

To setup the receiver to look at a particular satellite you have to go through the service searching menu. It should be more or less the same as my Xtrend receiver which also runs Enigma 2.

menu -> service setting -> tuner configuration

Select the tuner press enter.

Scroll down to satellite and then scroll across until you see the required satellite. select yes on network scan. You then press green to save.

screenshot.jpg

Once thats done you need to go to

menu-> service searching ->manual scan

Scroll down to satellite and then scroll across until you find the required satellite your dish is pointing at, making sure you get KU band and not c Band. Select yes on Network scan and then press green button to scan.

screenshot1.jpg

It will then start scanning and you will see a screen similar to this one, let it get to the end of the scan and it will save the channels into memory.

screenshot2.jpg

To be honest from What Costactc tells me in Canada your better off with a motorised c band Bud dish as thats where all the free to air stuff can be found. I'm sure he will be on later to give you more advice.

Hope this helps you get a bit further on.

Kadiak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North America, Montreal
Thanks a lot for the quick reply I have been doing all those things you say the problem in that even though the LNB is attached to the dish and then to the box it says : nothing attached which is no surprise to me because before I plug the cable from to the box I used a sat finder and it the light does not come on its like Thers no contact what so ever between the LNB and the dish some one suggested to me that I'd be better off with 90 cm dish and even suggested a model LNB to use I wanted your input guys firt before I go on spending more money I chose this box specially because of the integrated modem that it has I did not want to buy a regular box to get fta channel and a modem plus router to be able to surf the net if you see what I mean so guys this is where I m at any suggestion about to make this box see the LNB will be more than welcome
Thanks a lot

A nonymous

Reaction score
The biggest problem you have is that help will be limited from this forum as its mostly a European forum. We can help you with box settings and things like that but when it comes to scanning the satellites on your side of the pond its all guess work for us.

There are members here from Canada and the U.S who may be able to help you better when it comes to which dish would better suit your needs. Terryl and Costactc will probably be your best bet as they reside in America / Canada. As for dish size we in the UK we always say, bigger the better, but unfortunately we have stupid planning laws which only allow us up to 1m without having to get planning permission to get anything bigger :(

I will hopefully be moving across the Atlantic before the end of this year or early next year. I intend to get the biggest motorised dish i can get my hands on, something around the 10 ft mark for C-band and 6 ft for KU band:D

The first thing i would do is check the cable from the receiver to dish to make sure there is no damage on the cable. You will also need to make sure that all the F- Connectors are fitted correctly. Once thats done if all is OK you will need to check alignment. The best way to make sure your dish is aligned is to buy a satellite meter, you can get them quite cheaply these days. You can find them on ebay.ca. I would avoid the needle type as they dont give you any clue what satellite you are actually looking at, they just tell you you are pointing at a satellite, you have to guess which one.

You can get a cheap Satlink meter delivered to Montreal for under $100 CAD which would probably suit your needs and most importantly it will give you a much better idea at which satellite you are pointing at. Just make sure it has all the satellite list installed for your side of the pond.

Kadiak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North America, Montreal
The biggest problem you have is that help will be limited from this forum as its mostly a European forum. We can help you with box settings and things like that but when it comes to scanning the satellites on your side of the pond its all guess work for us.

There are members here from Canada and the U.S who may be able to help you better when it comes to which dish would better suit your needs. Terryl and Costactc will probably be your best bet as they reside in America / Canada. As for dish size we in the UK we always say, bigger the better, but unfortunately we have stupid planning laws which only allow us up to 1m without having to get planning permission to get anything bigger :(

I will hopefully be moving across the Atlantic before the end of this year or early next year. I intend to get the biggest motorised dish i can get my hands on, something around the 10 ft mark for C-band and 6 ft for KU band:D

The first thing i would do is check the cable from the receiver to dish to make sure there is no damage on the cable. You will also need to make sure that all the F- Connectors are fitted correctly. Once thats done if all is OK you will need to check alignment. The best way to make sure your dish is aligned is to buy a satellite meter, you can get them quite cheaply these days. You can find them on ebay.ca. I would avoid the needle type as they dont give you any clue what satellite you are actually looking at, they just tell you you are pointing at a satellite, you have to guess which one.

You can get a cheap Satlink meter delivered to Montreal for under $100 CAD which would probably suit your needs and most importantly it will give you a much better idea at which satellite you are pointing at. Just make sure it has all the satellite list installed for your side of the pond.

Kadiak
Thanks guys for those help you've been giving me I just found that the box does not see the LNB, every since I hook it up to the dish, I plug the lnb to the Tuner A and went to the set up it always says theres no LNB how ever the box is connected to the lnb via the coax Cable, at firts I wanted to order another LNB and a 90 cm dish to see what happen well a good thing I did not do that because a friend of mine suggested to me to use a SAt finder to start, I have one
and I conected it between the LNB and the receiver and the Light from the sat
does not turn on, I thought the LNB was bad even though it's a brand new one
How ever I have a DVB-S2 in my old PC which I used longtime ago, I plug in the coax cable in it and plug in the sat finder even without the LNB at the oder end, the sat finder light up right away I did not need to star the Prob dvb program ..... i dont use the card It's been so long since I use it beside the dreambox can do so much with its integrated modem ..... by the way, I measured the out voltage from the coax cable plug in my dvb card, I got 13 +
volt coming out of the cable how ever I only get 10 milivolt from the coax cable plug in form the DreamBox and I got the voltage from Both Tuner A and B
I explainned that to them from an email yersterday and I hope I will get an answer from them Soon, I just got that box last May the 17th ..... by the way is any of you guys has ever encountered such a trouble from a 7020 DreamBox HD if so what happended after word and what is next ..... this box is just not
cheap guys .......

Thanks a lot

Hope to here from you

regards
hi guys ....
I just got my new box dm 7020 HD ..... I m using a 45 cm dish form Bell Express vu From Bell I live in Montreal Canada and a Digiwave DGL-900D LNB .... DSS dual LNBF
outout frequency 12.20 - 12.70 GHz ... Lo 12.75 GHz ...... I tried to set it up ..... it says theres no LNB connected .... and I can see that's the box has 2 defaults sat Hotbird and Astra ....
my question is My 45 cm dish from bell is it ok along with the LNB ..... if not what size of dish I should use with this box and what kind of LNB to use with it and how do i go by erasing those 2 factory default sat in it and force it to scan those sat 82, 91, 110 and 119 w fron north America, Montreal Canada to be precised .....

Thanks

Regards
hi guys ....

Thanks

Regards

HI guys ......

Thanks for all the quick reply, That the box that this seller has sent me is Broken I received it on May the 17th and any time I turn it on, It says that : lnb is not connected how ever it does ... those 2 tuner A and B can not even turn the light of my sat finder on, how ever, it supposes to turn it on, once the receiver is on and send an out put of 13 or + volt to the lnb input of the box.....
and theres only 10 milivolt out put from both Tuner A and B ....

Any guys out there has ever fallen in to this situation please let me know how did you cope with it I juet dont think that's I m the only one that got such a bad luck ..... I ve in Montreal , Canada that's a long way from Gertrudenweg, Germany ......

Thanks

Regards

A nonymous

Reaction score
If you've purchased the box from an approved Dream Multimedia retailer there shouldn't be any issues, although i would try the receiver on another known working dish before you send it back.

How long is the cable you are using? Have you taken the measurement from the receiver or from the end of the cable. Make sure the receiver is faulty before sending it back as if there is nothing wrong with it DMM will charge you for checking the box and also the postal to send it back to you.

Have you a Bell receiver you can try on the dish to rule out the dish/lnb as being the problem? You need to make sure that the receiver is indeed the problem as to be honest i cannot see both tuners being faulty, DMM stuff is usually high quality kit with little in the way of faults.

Kadiak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North America, Montreal
Thank
If you've purchased the box from an approved Dream Multimedia retailer there shouldn't be any issues, although i would try the receiver on another known working dish before you send it back.

How long is the cable you are using? Have you taken the measurement from the receiver or from the end of the cable. Make sure the receiver is faulty before sending it back as if there is nothing wrong with it DMM will charge you for checking the box and also the postal to send it back to you.

Have you a Bell receiver you can try on the dish to rule out the dish/lnb as being the problem? You need to make sure that the receiver is indeed the problem as to be honest i cannot see both tuners being faulty, DMM stuff is usually high quality kit with little in the way of faults.

Thanks for the reply but as I said there's something wrong with those 2 tuner as they don't see the LNB which connected it says that there's no LNB connected and I ve checked the 2 tuner and there's no power coming out if you plug just a simple sat finder in the tuner and then Turn on the receiver the light of the sat should turn on and with this box I do not have that that is why it says there no LNB connected, I m sorry but I better pays the shipping and have them fix it then let it on the shelves for nothing and guess what they haven't answered any one of my 3 emails, I even called them and left a message on their answering machine which in German it's located in that city called Gertude

Kadiak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North America, Montreal
The city is called Gertrudenweg 35 A in Gemany and so far I haven't got not a single reply from any of those messages
Thanks if any of you guys have any idea of what is wrong with that receiver please let me know one thing I know for sure is that there's no power coming out of those LNB and that is why the box can not see the LNB

Thanks

Kadiak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North America, Montreal

Hi there as I was saying those .... 2 tuner are faulty there are a bunch of 500-s and 7020-s with bad tuner they even show how to replace them.... this is my luck I dont think I'll put any more money in to it ....And who knows since they got so many of them with bad tuners who knows might order those tuner and come out as faulty as the original ones ... i will buy another box certainly not another Dreambox and this time close to home I mean in North America where
I can get services ....

thanks

dan rose

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 meter commercial dish amiko nano, micro hd, multi lnb setup
My Location
usa indiana
What are trying to get on 91w ku and 82w those have no open channels unless opened by the pay tv companies. If you are trying to steal their programs that is pirating that is against the law he in North America

dan rose

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
usa indiana
82, 91, 110 and 119 w
these are pay tv satellites you are pirating signals that is against the law moderator please step in here.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
Catching signals from certain satellites is not the same as watching TV programs on TV. So, @Kadiak not breaking any law by now. IMHO

dan rose

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
usa indiana
the poster uses the internet to upload bin files that break encryption of Dish network and Bell.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Thankyou. As per the alert I have just marked resolved, Staff will continue to monitor this Topic and will take any action necessary should there be any overt attempt made to solicit assistance in decrypting Pay Channels other than by legitimate means.

I trust that no further debate about this will take place on the public Forum, in order to mitigate against any need to remove recent Posts.

A nonymous

Reaction score
As far as i am aware the DM7020HD has plugin tuners. May be worth contacting Dream Multimedia directly and just send them the tuners to check, that would cut down on costs, either that or buy a new tuner.

Kadiak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North America, Montreal
As far as i am aware the DM7020HD has plugin tuners. May be worth contacting Dream Multimedia directly and just send them the tuners to check, that would cut down on costs, either that or buy a new tuner.

Thanks Manic for your advice I really appreciate it I will do just that and will
let you know how it comes out ......

thanks again, I really appreciate it