Dreambox 7020 stability

shahvikram123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020
My Location
London, UK
I've had a dreambox 7020 for about 7 months now but something is wrong ( I think).

This morning the dreambox froze so i shut it down and then started it up again. However when I restarted it it loaded the first screen but then the whole thing just went black (the dreambox was still on though).

But after taking out the USB key (thats where the image is saved) it loaded up but onto the image on the dreambox. so then i plugged the USB back in then restarted the dreambox but it still didn't work. However after about 40 mins the image on the USB worked.

I was just wondering if this could be because the image is corrupt?

and another question... is this normal, will i have to keep on re-installing the whole dreambox and the images and stuff just to keep it working?

BTW I didn't set-up the dreambox, I had someone do it for me, so I don't know much about the dreambox and all help is appreciated.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Welcome to the forum :)

Sounds like you need to reflash it. Have a good read of the Idiot's Guide and buy a null modem cable. If your box is setup for cardsharing make sure you back up the important files.

They are normally stable and don't need reflashing unless you're a tinkerer. You can also multiboot a 7020.

The other possibility is that the USB stick is defective.

shahvikram123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020
My Location
London, UK
thanks for the quick reply!

one quesion: what's cardsharing? The man who set-up my dreambox connected it to a server which downloads all the codes and stuff for the channels you normally pay for… is that card sharing?

make sure you back up the important files

how do i do this? how do i get to the files?

shahvikram123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020
My Location
London, UK
when i connect the USB to a computer it says you need to reformat the USB and I can not access any of the files on it…does that mean that USB is defective

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Yes that's cardsharing. Do you use CCcam?

By reading the I.G.

Windows can't read it because it's Linux formatted; you need a Linux box to copy it.

shahvikram123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020
My Location
London, UK
Yh I do use Cccam, how do I backup important files because my box is setup for cardsharing?

another question: when i load up the image on the dreambox it says that the channel can not by descrambled. How do i set up cardsharing on the image on the dreambox (if that makes any sense, lol)

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
You can ask the person that set Your box up to fix this problem.

He knows what to save and what to do. This can be done over the net