Dreambox 7025 - Configure Intelsat 7/10 C-Band?

hashaam83

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 Dish Antenna's:
Hotbird 1-5
AsiaSat 3S
PanAmSat 7/10
Arabsat 2A
Nilesat 101
My Location
Dubai, UAE
Having posted the following message earlier on this thread, nobody replied. Hence, I thought to open a new thread about my query.

I recently bought Dreambox 7025 and trying to configure the dishes. I am not able to configure Intelsat 7/10 (C-Band) on my Dreambox 7025.

Let me tell you my configuration in detail before:

I have following dishes:

1. Badr 26.0E (Universal LN:cool:
2. Intelsat 7/10 68.5E (2 C-Band LNB: 1 for Horizontal & 1 for Vertical)
3. Hotbird 13.0E (Universal LN:cool:
4. Nilesat 101 7.0W (Universal-LN:cool:

in following setup:
Code:
1.  Badr 26.0E (Universal LNB) -------------------------------------------------------------------> DiSEqC Input 1 +---------------+
|               |
2a. Intelsat 7/10 68.5E (Horizontal C-Band LNB) ---> LNB Input 1 +-----------+                                     |               |
| X Switch* | Compined Output ---> DiSEqC Input 2 |               |
2b. Intelsat 7/10 68.5E (Vertical C-Band LNB) -----> LNB Input 2 +-----------+                                     | DiSEqC Switch | --> Output to Dreambox 7025
|               |
3.  Hotbird 13.0E (Universal LNB) ----------------------------------------------------------------> DiSEqC Input 3 |               |
|               |
4.  Nilesat 101 7.0W (Universal-LNB) -------------------------------------------------------------> DiSEqC Input 4 +---------------+

* - X Switch is some switch used for combining Horizontal and Vertical LNB signals.

The thing is, I have the remaining dishes setup in my DB7025 but only have problems with Intelsat 7/10.

I have tried setting Intelsat 7/10 to C-Band in the LNB Settings and also tried User Defined and manually entering 5150 for Low and High. Moreover, I have tried the User Defined and entering 9750 Low and 10600 for High and conversion setting for following Frequency and in following calculation:

From _http://www.satcodx3.com/0686/eng/
HUM TV: 3.774 GHz Horizontal 3300 Symbol Rate

5150 - 3774 = 1376
1376 + 9750 = 11126

Then entering the Fake HUM TV Frequency: 11.126 GHz Horizontal 3300 Symbol Rate, still does not pick any channel.

All of the above mentioned methods do not work.

However, if I connect my old receiver I am able to tune and watch channels for Intelsat 7/10. So, the X Switch in the diagram above does not have any problem.

Let me know if I am missing something here or what else I can try.

Thanks in advance.

Hashaam

hashaam83

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 Dish Antenna's:
Hotbird 1-5
AsiaSat 3S
PanAmSat 7/10
Arabsat 2A
Nilesat 101
My Location
Dubai, UAE
Any suggestions ?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
9750 / 10600 is only used for Ku band signals!

hashaam83

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 Dish Antenna's:
Hotbird 1-5
AsiaSat 3S
PanAmSat 7/10
Arabsat 2A
Nilesat 101
My Location
Dubai, UAE
Analoguesat said:
9750 / 10600 is only used for Ku band signals!

Yes, I know. Someone had posted it on a thread in this site about the conversion technique and I was posting that I had already tried this. Still, it does not work.

What about the people who have configured C-Band LNB in Dreambox 7025? Any suggestions?

Even if you can tell me your setup, it will greatly help.

Thanks in advance.

Hashaam

hashaam83

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 Dish Antenna's:
Hotbird 1-5
AsiaSat 3S
PanAmSat 7/10
Arabsat 2A
Nilesat 101
My Location
Dubai, UAE
Has anyone tried to configure C-Band LNB on Dreambox or am I the only one?

Hashaam

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello Hashaem!
good morning!
okay,now iam back,yesterday was my 31.birthday,so i wasnt online!!

now i find time to answer your topic!
one qestions,why do you use to cband lnb for H/v on 68,5 east in cband?
this satelatie sends only linar ,so no dialektrikum plate,inside the cband lnb is neversarly!
if you use 2 cband lnb because of the reason that,you want to reveive circular /linar cband channels in the west,then its okay so,but it takes you a little bit of singal,because,the lnb is not exactly in the right burning point focus of your dish,aproximently one db lost

i am using for 68,5 e a normal vertical 14/18 volt swtiching with 15 kelvin from taiwanese mti company,i dont know strong 68,5 east in your area is,so when you have also very weak signal?
then a single lnb is better for you,other wise,when it is strong enough,you can use your solution,best you post some pictures here,,

i dont own a dm 7025 only the dm 500 normaly on every dreambox is the same,go to lnb settings menu change lof for cband to 5150
save it,on the diseqec port you are using,single lnb configuraiton then save!
on lnb input 1 for e.g
dont use the same lnb input,with difrent lof settings of to difrent satelite,it will be over write the data!

if you have allready done this,and you have still no signal,then 2 other important thinks you must check!

on my dm 500 i notice ,that the R/LZ polarisation is wrong,it is via versa,that means,every other satelite reveiver gets the channel for e.g. on H Linar Polarisation,but the dm 500 turns this ofer,and all stored settings for cband are use les,because the box is searching on the wrong polarity,i dont know the reson for it i only notice it:)

and the last thing you must check is the option invertion signal on/or off,in kuband you dont need this,in cband on most channels is it nesercarly to swtich it on,reports of dm 7020/7025 or 7000 owners told me,in there firmware,the option for setting to invert signal is mising or not be implemanted in the firmeware,i canto veryfy this coz i dont have 7XX dreamboxes,but if this true,you cant reveive any cband channels with this reveiver!

hope that helps a little bit!

good night!

onlyamir007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyStar 2 TV PCI Card PVR and fortec star lifetime II
My Location
UAE
dear Hashaam ,

if u have still same problem send me msg i had same problem but now mine is working

mashster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo (Open PLi) Sats: Telstar 12, Atlantic Bird 3 (C), Sirius 4.8E, Eutelsat W3A, Eutelsat W2A and Intelsat 7 & 10 (C & Ku)
My Location
South Africa
Did you come right here!

Otherwise! Here's my guess, remember I am the noobiest of noobies!

In South Africa, we watch programmes off the PAS-7/10 Satellites, and the LNB setting is 10700 instead of 10600.

Try that and see what happens!

hashaam83 said:
Yes, I know. Someone had posted it on a thread in this site about the conversion technique and I was posting that I had already tried this. Still, it does not work.

What about the people who have configured C-Band LNB in Dreambox 7025? Any suggestions?

Even if you can tell me your setup, it will greatly help.

Thanks in advance.

Hashaam

Anastrophe

Reaction score
Looking at your setup, are you in the Green Community and using a TRIAX TMS118 as your DiseqC?

If so, these are my setting which work fine...

Attachments

• pas7-10 intelsat.jpg
    pas7-10 intelsat.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 488

jadihussain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 800HD PVR (Clone)
My Location
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Hi Amir,

May i have screen short of your intelsat 7/10 settings in advance mode. I am in riyadh. I bought DM 800HD PVR a week back but unable to setup intelsat 7/10 where is it is working on an ordinary receiver.

regards,

i hacked

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dvb-s/s2
My Location
Gh
some one help me with how to convert cband frequency to ku

i hacked

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dvb-s/s2