Dreambox 800 Deep Doo,Doo

bwuddywabbit

Reaction score
:-NoooHi guys,
just bought myself new genuine Dreambox 800 with 500GB sata hard drive flashed it with Peter Pan image, installed Barry Allen for multi booting, everything looking good, says to myself why not also install the new OOzoon image to see what thats like, so I did, now this is where I may have screwed up and theres no may about it, I flashed the image through the browser like I did with Peter Pan, when I re-booted I got Black screen & a message on the OLED display sayiong,
"ERROR"
look at _http://www.db7000.com
"error no ca found"
Iv'e tried dreamup with null cable also have the network side connected as well, in dreamup it recognises the rec. in the window as dm800 but will not completely light up so that i can reflash. I've contacted multimedia & had automated response back but will probably have to wait on them coming back with a solution I hope,
can anyone throw some light on this, any help would be appreciated at this time,
regards,
The Wabbit:confused:eek:

dcselec

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dark Box Super Hd
Dream Box 800 (clone)
Diablo cAM CAS 3 Prog
90cm dish DiSEqc 1.2 Motor
My Location
manchester
I had the same problem with mine got the same
display warning I had flashed an image over the network
I was told that the reason is the image requires a higher bootloader
I had to disconnect all leads switch off DM start dream up then connect
serial lead press connect on the dream up then switch on the DM the
progress bar starts when complete you can select your image
from the program make sure its a DMBOO image then flash via
dream up it takes about 1 hour to flash bit it worked for me

Dave

bwuddywabbit

Reaction score
I tried that earlier, it recognises the box but the progess bar doesn't light up, even connected to other dreambox 7020 to try & fool the box into working, but thanks anyway, much appreciated, theres got to be some software out there that can fix this prob like erasing the chip so it can be flashed again, of coarse I'm thinking out loud,
regards,
The Wabbit